Reply Eclipse
Eclipse pissed me off, anybody else? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did this book disappoint you?
  No
  A little...I figured more would happen...
  Yes it disappointed me also
View Results

Kiyama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:07 pm
So yeah, I am not happy. The year that I waited for this book? Waste of hope and time. Unfortunately to me it was just a repeat of the other two books. I just wish she would go ahead and become a vampire so that she could kick some a** instead of depending on other people to do it, and then complaining about them defending her!! This book was a HUGE disappointment for me, I don't know about you guys.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 pm
Are you kidding. I thought that book was amazing. And duh... for obvious reasons in the story she's not just going to jump and do it. I think people need some patience... theres only one more book anyways, so we'll find out the answer then.  

Sakki Goisagi

[The_Amazing_Chocolatier]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:01 pm

There were a few parts I was disappointed at, but overall it was a great book. I think it was worth the wait - But now im sad I have to wait another year for Bella to kick some a**.
    xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 pm
Wait and make the expectation better? Honestly I think that she was rushed into this a little too quickly and just wanted to have the thing done. Climax? It was like two pages long. Woot... Yes, Stephenie is a great writer, but I was expecting a lot more from her. It's like this third book was only written because there would be a fourth book. And I know, most of you will be like "Well there is going to be a fourth book moron." But truthfully? That's not how I work when I write. Or when I like authors. I want them to be writing just to write. Not for the fame, not for the money. Just to tell a story. A great story. And I know that Stephenie was completely sincere when she wrote these books. But I honestly think this book was a complete waste of my time. I waited for a year for this and it made me angry. Yes, I understand that she has very complicated characters, but it just seems like these things are so drawn out just so there will be four books. That's my opinion and I'm deeply disappointed in Mrs. Meyer. Besides, who wants a rushed fourth book with so many things happening that it makes your mind spin by just thinking about it? I mean, unless she writes a huge book I don't think everything will get it's limelight.

A) Bella and Edward are going to get married
B) Bella will EVENTUALLY be turned into a vampire (hopefully)
C) If Bella becomes a vampire that opens up a world of possiblities
D) How she deals with the parents
E) How the pack of werewolves respond to the break of the treaty
F) How she feels about Jacob after being turned
G) How Jacob feels about Bella after she is a vampire
H) How Bella reacts when she is a new born
I) The infamous sex scene we've been waiting for? Or at least some inuendo
J) Where the Cullens move when Bella is a new born
K) If she isn't turned will she go to college?
L) How the Volturi react to her becoming a vampire or not becoming one
M) How Rosalie reacts if she does become one
N) Explaining Bella's new found vampire powers and what that entails
O) If she leaves Edward if she decides not to become a vampire

And so on and so forth. But all in all that list makes me more excited for the fourth book and which side Bella will ultimately choose when she is faced with actual "immortality". But I am just venting my frustration at the third book. Morbid curiosity will lure me to the fourth.  

Kiyama

cynn_tao

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:56 pm
I'm pretty ticked off and I haven't even read the entire book...I mean...It's obvious what's going to happen...and I didn't really like the way Stephenie wrote it...How Edward was just talking to himself when the battle in the clearing was going on. It irritates me  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[SPOILERS IN THIS POST]

Yeah, I was pretty fumed about the Bella-is-not-a-vampire-yet stuff.
But over all I liked the book. But HATED the ending. Stupid annoying Jacob who got in the way of their true love.

Anywho~ I liked it because of the forced kiss between Jacob & Bella, so that Edward would get mad at him. (too bad Bella broke her hand punching him...)
And the almost-sex-scenes were interesting, because they were steamy and like...HOT! So like, I was mostly just disappointed by Jacob getting in the way, Bella not being a vampire yet and the crappy ending.

xDorkable

Artemis Gly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:04 pm
LiNDZi

[SPOILERS IN THIS POST]

But over all I liked the book. But HATED the ending. Stupid annoying Jacob who got in the way of their true love.

Anywho~ I liked it because of the forced kiss between Jacob & Bella, so that Edward would get mad at him. (too bad Bella broke her hand punching him...)
And the almost-sex-scenes were interesting, because they were steamy and like...HOT! So like, I was mostly just disappointed by Jacob getting in the way, Bella not being a vampire yet and the crappy ending.

I agree with you,the scenes were great, but Jacob with his whole I love you thing over and over got me annoyed fast, when he supposedly tricked her into knowing she loved him too, Im like come on shes with Edward and now she loves jacob too,please! anyways i liked the ending up until the epilogue that last chapter in jacob's pov...seemed as if it didnt really matter all that much, it just showed him leaving, they didnt a whole chapter for that did they? But besides that I absolutly loved this book, it was really good, as the other two,were of course. :p  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:09 pm
I read the book right after Harry Potter... it's like I’ve never seen worst writing in my life. Maybe it's just the contrast, but it was horrible. So clichĂ©d and to think that the Cullens are supposedly geniuses, it's hard to believe that Bella's the one figured the plan out. It's like a bad fanfiction! I’m so glad I didn’t buy it. rolleyes  

Heidrich

beena92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:55 am
I did not dislike the BOOK!! But it made me hate Jacob even more! (sorry Jacob fans but I can't stand him!) Esp~the way he just decided to make out with her when she was so content with Edward. Then he tricked her into making her relize that she had feelings for him! Thats not the right way to find out that you like someone...."I'll kill myself if you don't kiss me!" What crap! Sorry but I just hate Jacob!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:32 pm
I was dissapointed too. I mean, i liked it. But i wish she would have become a vampire. Its been 2 whole books since she dicided she wanted to. I hated how jake was in this book. I mean playing bella like that. I liked how the werewolves and the vampires came to an accord. and how bella and Edward are getting married. But i feel your pain.  

Crystal_256

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:42 pm
I actually liked it. I needed some Jacob closore myself. I at least wansted to see Bella break the news to her parents. That's about the only thing I was mad at. It's odd. I wanted her to be a vampire in book 3, yet I didn't. I felt she was stumpling into that idea blindly, and im happy she had more time to sctually debate on it. I wanted bella to have a complete grasp of what she was doing.

I lov how she put Jacob into this book. I didn't want his character to be pushed back into the shadows, you know. He did some annoying things, but all in all I see his reasoning.

I guess I didn't ike the ending...but i never really do. I mean, i like cliff-hangers. They keep you interested. But I don't want a ending either. I couldn't take a ending, the idea scares me. So I guess ill take the lesser of two evils.

The book didn't disappoint me, more of...shocked me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:47 pm
Dmax
LiNDZi

[SPOILERS IN THIS POST]

I agree with you,the scenes were great, but Jacob with his whole I love you thing over and over got me annoyed fast, when he supposedly tricked her into knowing she loved him too, Im like come on shes with Edward and now she loves jacob too,please! anyways i liked the ending up until the epilogue that last chapter in jacob's pov...seemed as if it didnt really matter all that much, it just showed him leaving, they didnt a whole chapter for that did they? But besides that I absolutly loved this book, it was really good, as the other two,were of course. :p

That really depends on the reader.

I myself needed that closure, and the only reason Jacob kept (and yeah it was kinda annoying) reminding bella of how he felt was because he knew she was in denial. just because you love one person dosen't mean you can't love someone else. sad, i know but shes only human. And love like that must have a decision. one or the other, and everyone already knew who would be chosen.

It really didn't show him leaving, as much as it showed his pain. When he got stronger, he will come back. im sure of that.

sorry if this seems like im arguing, im really not.

Rezuri-chanchan

Reana Kay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:39 pm
I think you need to label "Spoilers" in the title. After reading the 4th post, I'm glad I already read it.

I liked the book. I was afraid that since she didn't plan a setup for the books, they would all be cheap crappy spin-offs. They're not. I think she's doing a good job and I applaud her talent.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:14 pm
Sakki Goisagi
Are you kidding. I thought that book was amazing. And duh... for obvious reasons in the story she's not just going to jump and do it. I think people need some patience... theres only one more book anyways, so we'll find out the answer then.

3nodding yeah!!  

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Ladygrail

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:57 pm
Kiyama
Wait and make the expectation better? Honestly I think that she was rushed into this a little too quickly and just wanted to have the thing done. Climax? It was like two pages long. Woot... Yes, Stephenie is a great writer, but I was expecting a lot more from her. It's like this third book was only written because there would be a fourth book. And I know, most of you will be like "Well there is going to be a fourth book moron." But truthfully? That's not how I work when I write. Or when I like authors. I want them to be writing just to write. Not for the fame, not for the money. Just to tell a story. A great story. And I know that Stephenie was completely sincere when she wrote these books. But I honestly think this book was a complete waste of my time. I waited for a year for this and it made me angry. Yes, I understand that she has very complicated characters, but it just seems like these things are so drawn out just so there will be four books. That's my opinion and I'm deeply disappointed in Mrs. Meyer. Besides, who wants a rushed fourth book with so many things happening that it makes your mind spin by just thinking about it? I mean, unless she writes a huge book I don't think everything will get it's limelight.

A) Bella and Edward are going to get married
B) Bella will EVENTUALLY be turned into a vampire (hopefully)
C) If Bella becomes a vampire that opens up a world of possiblities
D) How she deals with the parents
E) How the pack of werewolves respond to the break of the treaty
F) How she feels about Jacob after being turned
G) How Jacob feels about Bella after she is a vampire
H) How Bella reacts when she is a new born
I) The infamous sex scene we've been waiting for? Or at least some inuendo
J) Where the Cullens move when Bella is a new born
K) If she isn't turned will she go to college?
L) How the Volturi react to her becoming a vampire or not becoming one
M) How Rosalie reacts if she does become one
N) Explaining Bella's new found vampire powers and what that entails
O) If she leaves Edward if she decides not to become a vampire

And so on and so forth. But all in all that list makes me more excited for the fourth book and which side Bella will ultimately choose when she is faced with actual "immortality". But I am just venting my frustration at the third book. Morbid curiosity will lure me to the fourth.

I have to agree somewhat. Whew! I was worried that there would not BE a fourth book. THat really would piss me off. There were far to many loose ends but at the same time I know publishers and many people think that their audience would not like a 1000pg book which is what she would have to write to get all of this in and keep true to her characters and style of writing. I was a little disappointed especailly after reading NEW MOON which was absolutely her best work so far. THis book lacked the emotional rollar coaster ride and the maturity level I want Bella to realize. I wish she had a human friend she could talk to about this since Jacob ended up being a jerk Also her add on at the end with his recieveing the wedding invite was not needed I think. She should have stayed with one voice. Sigh. I have to wait now too DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!  
Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff