Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mieces Pieces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:22 pm
"I pushed my legs faster, letting Jacob Black disappear behind me."
That quote totally confused me.
Did Jacob die or something?
Or was he letting his wolf half go away?
Or was he running away?
I have absolutely no clue...
What do you think it is?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:26 pm
like the spirit king in the stories, he's decided to stay a wolf forever and never return to being jacob, just wolfie

OR

he doesnt think he will ever get over the pain, the anger to be able to change back  

Astarte Dindel

Syrette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:27 pm
"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

There's another topic asking pretty much the same thing, but I'm just gonna copy and paste my answer while adding a little more.
The Epilogue made me feel as though my heart was being squeezed so hard. ::cries::
But the whole leaving Jacob Black behind thing, it was, imo, Jacob trying to shed away the pain and leave it behind. He felt torn at Bella marrying Edward when he still was in love with Bella.
Running gave him an escape and at the end of the Epilogue he was trying to just run away from everything that was tied to "Jacob Black, the one who got crushed by Bella". Not his wolf half.
Jacob didn't die. Oh God no. I'd be so ticked at SM if she did, but she'd never since she said she loved Jacob too.
But that's just my two cents. D;

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It means he's going to be a werewolf for the rest of his life. Or, he wants to. So he's leaving his human form behind. Forever.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xDorkable

Genius __ Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:38 am
Someone already said this. But IT'S NOT LITERAL. Geeze. I can't belive people actually think he's gonna be a wolf man forever. No. It simply means he's gonna leave "Jacob Black", the one who was all hooked on Bella, behind. He's done. He's gonna go away for a bit, and like Sam said...he's gonna come back when he's ready. *nod nod* Mrs.Meyer wouldn't get rid of a chacter she loves so much. Plus, him running away just makes him seem weak. He's not running away, he's just getting away to refect I think. Sometimes you have to step back from a problem to see it clearly. He jus needs some time to think on his own.
THAT is what that last quote means.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:41 am
Genius __ Insanity
Someone already said this. But IT'S NOT LITERAL. Geeze. I can't belive people actually think he's gonna be a wolf man forever. No. It simply means he's gonna leave "Jacob Black", the one who was all hooked on Bella, behind. He's done. He's gonna go away for a bit, and like Sam said...he's gonna come back when he's ready. *nod nod* Mrs.Meyer wouldn't get rid of a chacter she loves so much. Plus, him running away just makes him seem weak. He's not running away, he's just getting away to refect I think. Sometimes you have to step back from a problem to see it clearly. He jus needs some time to think on his own.
THAT is what that last quote means.

wow....i was confused on this quote too! thanks for clearing it up! 3nodding It scared me for a sec, cause at first I thought he was going to commit suicide somewhere. But yeah, if he did that Bella would get all upset. So that must not be it...xD  

kamaki09

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:47 am
At first I was like wat? whats going on? thanks for clearing it up Genius_Insanity I felt so sad Jacob was in pain I hope he imprints on someone so he could be happy unless he imprinted on Bella surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:08 pm
niecerpiecer
At first I was like wat? whats going on? thanks for clearing it up Genius_Insanity I felt so sad Jacob was in pain I hope he imprints on someone so he could be happy unless he imprinted on Bella surprised
You're welcome, all of you. smile If i remember correctly Bella asked if he's imprinted on anyone before and he replied w/a sad "no". 3nodding so hopefully, he'll find someone. mrgreen  

Genius __ Insanity

Tacara2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:04 pm
I think that Jacob was trying to get away from himself, you know from Bella and the fact that Bella is marrying Edward. He just wants to forget it all and pretend like it didn't happen, but it did happen and he can't do anything about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:47 pm
Astarte Dindel
like the spirit king in the stories, he's decided to stay a wolf forever and never return to being jacob, just wolfie

OR

he doesnt think he will ever get over the pain, the anger to be able to change back

3nodding yeah i think something among those lines... its the best that i could come up with.... sweatdrop  

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

RainyRose329

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:46 pm
Yeah i think that means that he ran away because Bella is gone and she doesn't want him... Like the Spirit king  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:43 am
He decided to leave his human form behind and stay a wolf.

~Nicky~  

Sweet Miss Nicky

Tickle Toe Bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:32 pm
I hope I am wrong, but I interpreted the ending as saying that he was now going to stay in his wolf form forever and be a loner wolf!!! crying crying I'm not sure if he is going to make an appearance in Breaking Dawn!!!! Again, I desperately hope I'm wrong!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:30 pm
He wasn't exactly leaving his human self behind forever... He's just going away till e can get over Bella and all the pain of her and Edward getting married. He's leaving himself for a bit... but certianly not forever... He wouldn't hurt Bella like that.  

Ork Dork 90

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:42 am
He'll show up in Breaking Dawn. He has to. He's been in every book so far so leaving him out now, despite everything he's done, would be wrong!  
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games