Reply Eclipse
Disappointment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DisMember_Your_SunShine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:23 am
I'm pretty sure that alot of people might disagree with me, but I'm VERY disappointed with the book Eclipse...

By far, I think Twilight is basically the only good one...New Moon was ok, but the focus was too much on Jacob and Bella, I mean, it could have atleast contained some of the Cullens' side of the story during that time.

Eclipse just made me mad, and I don't think I would even think of rereading it. It dragged out too much for my liking, focusing now more on the story telling of each person rather than just all that actually is happening at that time.

I've hated Bella before, near the end of New Moon, but Eclipse just sent it over the edge, I really REALLY utterly hate Bella. She's so stupid, ignorant and just plain annoying in Eclipse, but my earlier assumption of disliking Jacob did end.

I have more respect for Jacob now since he's maturing and I have a whole lot more respect for Edward. He's such a patient person, dispite the annoying fact that even though Bella has done so much wrong, he still sticks by her side and he choices no matter what.

I know I'm sort of ranting, but I don't care, this is sort of my venting session...I need to let alot of feelings out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:47 pm
I really agree with you on most of that.

Though, I feel differently about the characters. I dont like Bella much either, but now I really dont like Jacob (but I do feel a little sorry for him) and I dont feel like Edward was Edward, if you know what Im saying. It wasnt like him to take all that crap between Jake and Bella. He wouldnt have stood that from Mike, how is Jacob different?

And true, it did majorly drag.

Im only going to reread it when I am bored to see if I missed anything.

[Im also moving this to the Eclipse subforum whee ]  

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:21 pm
I love 'Eclipse' I'm re-reading it for the third time... or I was before I let a friend borrow it. The truth is there wasn't much happening until the end, not as far as Bella knew. She can't read minds and I absolutely loved learning about Rosalie and Jasper's pasts. The story is from Bella's point of view and Edward has been known to shelter her from quite a bit. Knowing how she reacted to the 'Third Wife' story, I don't blame him.

All of the characters made mistakes. Edward knew Bella would keep sneaking out to see Jacob, if he didn't let her go. He probably felt it better to let her go and know where she is than to get a call from Alice saying that she can't see Bella's future anymore. I don't think he wanted her to feel the need to sneak out anymore.

As for Bella, she's a human surrounded by mythical creatures, of course she's going seem exceedingly faulty. She was confused in Eclipse... Jake didn't help that confusion, nor did Edward. She was in love with them both and was being forced to decide. Looking past her confusion, she got stronger in Eclipse, acting more on her own, for herself. Her whole, "OMG, I have to sacrifice myself to save them." attitude did annoy me, but that's Bella for you.

I do; however, agree with you on the Jake point, he grew on me in 'Eclipse'... I've developed quite a lot of respect for him.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:44 am
I understand what you mean about her being surrounded my mythical creatures, but I guess I should have made myself more clear. I wasn't saying that she was stupid and ignorant on that kind of stuff, I was just saying that as in...She has been told 1+ times about certain things and it's just sooo obviously there and she just can't think of it on her own, which is really annoying. Reading these books makes me feel like I'm watching a movie, cos I'm literally yelling at her about the obvious, which is kind of embarassing, but I don't mind.

And I know that Eclipse is for the sake of understanding, and I didn't mind Jasper or Rosalie's stories, it was just all the other ones that made me bored and want to skip it all (which I didn't)

I don't know...I mean, after reading this book, I think I would have rather just borrowed it from the library instead of buying it, but since I already have the first two, I kinda make it my thing to always finish the series of the books I've bought.

DisMember_Your_SunShine

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:14 am
xd What can I say? Besides stating the obvious fact that Bella can be rather dense. She was over-thinking things and not seeing what was right before her eyes. People do it all the time. And don't worry, I yell at book characters more often than humans.

Other stories... the werewolves? Sam and Leah and Emily? The legends? Quil and Claire? Jared and Kim? I thought those were cute. The legends, at least, were essential to the plot. And the rest I listed helped explain 'imprinting' and how it works.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, I personally think it was worth the money I spent. I loved it to death and back again.

Random Note: I love your J-Rock siggy!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:09 am
Alisox
I really agree with you on most of that.

Though, I feel differently about the characters. I dont like Bella much either, but now I really dont like Jacob (but I do feel a little sorry for him) and I dont feel like Edward was Edward, if you know what Im saying. It wasnt like him to take all that crap between Jake and Bella. He wouldnt have stood that from Mike, how is Jacob different?

And true, it did majorly drag.

Im only going to reread it when I am bored to see if I missed anything.

[Im also moving this to the Eclipse subforum whee ]

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think Edward only took what Jacob threw at him because Jacob is a werewolf. Edward knows better than to lose his temper with Jacob, because it would hurt Bella. If it was Mike doing this all, he would keep his temper still, but he would know that Bella could take care of Mike herself if she wanted.  

xoSereox

Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff