Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
comment won't leave my head, it's driving me NUTS! [SOLVED!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sotur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:05 am
ok, i'm probably making a big deal out of this comment, but i haven't been able to forget about it since it was said.

here's the thing: i study 2 hrs away from all of my friends and boyfriend, so i don't see them trhu the week, only on weekends when i head back. this past weekend i went bcs the other i hadn't, so it'd been 2 weeks since i'd seen them all. someday in those 2 weeks i had a dream in which one of my friends [guy friend, btw. the only girl-friends i have are 2, guy friends are like 4 or 5. anyway] was crying, and he didnt want to get home, wouldn't say why, what was wrong, how to get to his house [i was driving] or anything. he just stared to the front, with a blank expression on his face, and let the tears stream down his face. bcs he wouldn't tell me how to get home we got lost.

that's all i remember from the dream. anyway, i told him the dream after asking him i he'd cried recently; he said no, and said we could talk about it the next time we saw each other, which was this past weekend. but we didnt get the chance to talk about it. so right when he was about to leave, i reminded him that he owed that talk, bcs we hadn't gotten the chance. he said we coould talk about it next time, as in, next weekend. but there's a chance i might not be able to go back this weekend, so i told him. he askd why and i told him bcs of my sis, she might be staying so i might not be able to go back this one, but the next. so, he turned to fully face me and said "u'd better come back", then he turned and left.

it's been eating at me this whole time!! [that happened saturday night]. i haven't been able to figure out what he meant by that, if it was just a comment, if it was bcs of the dream and something he's gonna tell me [though when i asked him if he'd cried recently, he said he hadn't], or WHY WOULD HE SAY THAT?! i've also thought it might be bcs my birthday's real soon, but it's in the middle of the week so it'd make sense we celebrate it before, as in saturday rather than tuesday, since as i said before i study elsewhere so we won't get together the very day...but he's a guy, one that i know is rather careless and oblivious, so he wouldn't remember anyone's b-day unless someone [or something, like myspace] told him....or i think it to be that way. anyway, i've been convincing myself that it wasn't because of that, probably so i won't feel let down when no one remembers until that day when i'll be 2 hrs away, and none of them have a car so they wouldn't be able to celebrate it with me...but that's about the only reason i have to justify his awkward and random comment. so i want to convince myself it wasn't bcs of that but at the same time i keep reminding myself thats the only thing that i have that justifies the comment. i've asked 2 other friends, aside from asking boyfriend, but none of them has come up with an explanation...i dunno what to do!! it's driving me nuts! help?

SUMMARY FOR THE LAZY: study 2 hrs away, sometimes don't see friends and boyfriend for 2 or more weeks. last weekend guy-friend commented "u'd better come back" before leaving to his house after i told him i might not come back this weekend, after i'd reminded him we hadn't discussed a dream i'd had the other day. [for dream, read green section above]. comment is eating at me bcs i don't know what he meant, and i've asked several ppl...none have been able to figure it out, either. help?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 pm
Wow thats a pretty common comment from me. (Btw it would make reading your post waaaaaayyy easier if you split it into paragraphs) You need to explain your relationship with this particular friend before I can give you advice. Pm me the whole thing when you get the chance.  

The Golden Pheonix

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:30 pm
Yeah, this thing is kind of confusing. I went back and re-read most of it, but it's difficult to read a whole long thing of text.

Anyway, my view is pretty much the same as The Golden Phoenix's. I say that kind of thing to friends, and they say it back to me. I don't mean that if they don't come back I'll throw a fit. It just is kind of like....friendly. Haha, I don't know how else to put it. Either way, I don't think you should really over-analyze it unless the next time you see him, he does say something to you or really hints at something.

I don't quite understand why this is bothering you so much, but if it really is, then why don't you ask your friend about it? Can you talk through the phone or online?

I'm also trying to think of what it's like if someone tells me that, and I think when people say that to me, I'm like, "haha, I'll try." Or something along those lines.

Good luck with the situation. I hope you can stop worrying soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:56 pm
well he probably wants to be w/ u. u are somehow the person he could share his thoughts with. that could be the reason why he said that.  

K1T3

Sotur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:42 pm
alright. my bad. i'll split it up next time. and this is driving me nuts because i really wasn't expecting this from him...from any of them, at that. i know they like me and all, and tha's why their my friends and all....but none of them would say such a thing, it majorly caught me off guard.

i can't talk to him online because the sky falls when he logs on. and he's not a phone person; the one time he spent a long time talking to me on the phone was a time i was having a sort of emotional break-down, so i called him and we talked.

usually i'd react like that, be all "funny, but sure, i'll try. we'll see what happens". but that would be if it was said differently. something like "hope u make it back" or "try to come bak so we can hang out" or something. but the way he said it, like i said earlier, caught me off guard. it was sort of commanding, so it really had an effect on me.

i know i'm probably making a bigger deal out of it than it is...but for some reason i can't shake it off...something so simple and short...it really hit me...i'm surprised i didn't end up with my mouth wide open in shock...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 pm
if it hits you that hard then a lightbulb should be coming on girl. what's the 1 thing u barely have in ur friendship? ..... any guesses? ....time. SPEND TIME W/ HIM. MORE THAN USUAL. HE FEELS ALONE.  

K1T3

Sotur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:53 pm
while that does make sense, it's still not as easy. sure, i'm not here trhu the week, but it's not like i'm the only one around that will make plans to go out. they [let's round it up as "the guys"] sometimes go out trhu the week. in fact, now that 3 of them go to the same college, they'll be seeing much more of each other...

under those circumstances, why should he feel lonely just because i'm not there thru the week?

i get that maybe he misses me...but even so...

and of course i want to spend time with him, i want to spend time with all of them. but why would he simply say that and go? i know he had to leave, his ride home was going, but he shouldn't have had to do it that abruptly unless he was avoiding something, whatever that might be...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:37 am
i went over this weekend...but i didn't get to see him xp so meaning of both comment and dream are still haunting me.... crying  

Sotur

K1T3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 pm
well call him up arrange a get together XP.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:25 am
yeah, i think i'll do that. heading over this weekend, too, so i hope i can see him then  

Sotur

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 pm
*Is very very late to help* sad

If it helps reassure you any at all don't worry about it too much words can mean many things and even if someone says something foreboding or in a less than cheerful tone doesn't mean anything bad will happen but it's definitely good you're going to see him just incase even if he hadn't said it it would've been a good thing to do.

The dream, I'm not too sure yet been awhile since I read anything on dream signs or anything or even gave normal advice sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
*Is very very late to help* sad

If it helps reassure you any at all don't worry about it too much words can mean many things and even if someone says something foreboding or in a less than cheerful tone doesn't mean anything bad will happen but it's definitely good you're going to see him just incase even if he hadn't said it it would've been a good thing to do.

The dream, I'm not too sure yet been awhile since I read anything on dream signs or anything or even gave normal advice sweatdrop

it isn't late at all. weekend's not here yet, and i still haven't spoken to him, so, not late yet. i have managed to forget about it, but that's probably thnx to the competitiveness of the water balloon fight. so....NICE!! anyway, well, it's true....words can mean many things...and i have a tendency of making much bigger things outta scratch, so that might be it. if it is, i already foresee how foolish i'm gonna feel for having made such a big deal out of it sweatdrop  

Sotur

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Not foolish just prepared for the worst, if you're ready for the worst you can most assuredly handle the best mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:15 pm
tho it'd be great to think it's prepared for the worst, i don't really feel that way. i think i'll be eternally embarrassed...tho i suppose that isn't that big a deal, except for the fact that i better strap myself in for the mocking i'll be getting xd  

Sotur

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 pm
Mocking fun xd  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items