Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
how can i coop w/ being singled out?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K1T3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:36 pm
i know this seems like an obvious thing considering it has to relate to band but it keeps nagging at me. when we get into our sections i try to play the notes on teh music. i can't really get it the 1st time i usually need sum1 else playing the note for me to emulate it. when i can't play it i'm ordered to do pushups or run a lap around the school. one can't run so does sit ups, other doesn't need to always good. it sucks considering my leader always singles me out i'm starting to feel as if band isn't the thing i love anymore.... i just wanna beat him over the skull w/ my damn music stand and stick his trombone up his @$$!!! he knows i have trouble playing the notes i d/k why he keeps making me go thru this crap. he was also teh reason why i left concert band. he was my leader too. and he did the same thing but no physical punishments only mental and morale bashing ones. how can i deal w/ this? i'm so frustrated.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:27 pm
Wel coming an actual secton leader (me myself and I) do you actually practice your music before sessions? That might releave the whole thing. and if he is being particularly mean then go and inform the director. Pretty simple stuff if you don't want to get picked on PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!  

The Golden Pheonix

Sprockette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:30 pm
being a musician,I know how you feel,you know your keys right? Just practice scales and register the notes in your head.Then when beginning to sight read take all the hard parts and work 'em through.Then start putting it together.
If you need any more help you can PM me if you want more advice OR wait until you find another piece of advice mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:35 pm
Not to sound too mean or anything, but the physical punishments will help you in the long run with health and whatnot. It's been said that the U.S. is one of the laziest countries...

Maybe you could ask him one day after practice if there's a reason why he's singling you out, you never know, he could suddenly stop if you bring it to his attention.

Perhaps you could do a independent study for a month or so to make sure it wont happen anymore.

Good luck.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

K1T3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:26 am
it's been a week and a half already. he's singling me out because i can't really play my notes that well. and the physical punishmetns are completely dumb. physical training is when u shud do them or at home. the leader should at least take the time to help you out. he tries to help me... ( for about a microsecond) ur body doesn't help your brain to remember notes. positions yes. you need your memory to help you remember the sounds you played. we aren't lazy at all. 9 am to 5 pm. and even if i did talk to my band director they always go w/ the leaders. this band has a tendency to hurriedly pull everything together w/o fixing the small details. one of our guys was kicked out for picking up a baritone instead of his usual trumpet. and he couldn't be taught how to use it. that's how bad we are.

my parts i never really have to practice they're trombone 3 parts. just teh simple whole notes and quaters. but those dang high d's and b's i can't really reach so i always have to be punished for that.

i d/k if ne 1 has noticed but isn't there a link in all this crap? i mean it's been happening since 9th grade. when i joined alot of the people there were a hole who screwed w/me. now in my jr yr. i'm starting to want to beat the crap out of my own section leader. even some of my band friends too. (not the freshman i know them they're cool) but the friggin veterans who i've worked w/ for many yrs are deuschebags.

for the entire 1st semester i have tod edicate all my after noons for friggin band practices. i have a feeling i will fail my classes. cuz i got

chemistry
us history
pre calculus
spnish 3
lang arts 11

im tired.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:42 am
band practice might be important bcs u really like it or something, but dont throw ur grades out the window bcs of it. yes, u have several hard classes, but u can still pass it. i did last semester when i thought myself a joggler of time and took up 4 classes and 4 labs xp it was horrible scream but i still pulled thru. of course, now i know to not try it again sweatdrop anyway, point is, band might be important, but u can't really get to college, or at least whichever college u want, if u don't care for ur grades  

Sotur

K1T3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 pm
that's the problem w/ our band teacher she's all like "i'm sorry but if u'r in another organization like link crew or some other pe style class u must drop it immediately. im in link crew she took that group back. so i hope they don't jack my life.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 pm
well it's the end of band camp finally. but today i was confronted by the same section leader again. i was told to play 2 songs that had changed for me. since i now play the 2nd parts instead of the 1sts. and also there is a new rythm and notes for me. i'ms till reviewing them. but as always i have to do pushups. let me show you how the day went

9 am warmup song 1 played thought it was ok. then all of a sudden. band room.

"20 PUSHUPS AFTER WE'RE DONE HERE"

"damnit always with the pushups"

"WELL DO YOU WANT TO DO 2 LAPS THEN? IT'S YOUR CHOICE."

10:30 i did the pushups.

10:45 after that we played the hey song, i never got the music for that when i came there in my freshman yr.

" DON'T TELL ME YOU CAN'T PLAY THAT SONG. SERIOUSLY YOU'VE BEEN HERE FOR 3 YRS. 10 PUSHUPS NOW"

11 am finally come back to the band room to play. earlier events kept going thru my mind. so i began to cry because i felt iw as the worst person in all the band. i quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and wore my sunglasses. we began to play our show music. i stopped smiling by that point. the fun of the day died when i arrived. i hate my leader. i want him gone from my school. he keeps showing up in all of my band classes. then when it reached 12 pm the time camp finally ended for this yr, all the seniros started partying with the freshman so i left during the party.

i received word that there is going to be a 7 hr rehearsel on teh 1st day of school. ..... crying crying crying crying crying pushups here i come *sob*  

K1T3

K1T3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:07 pm
where is everybody/  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 pm
damn...wth?!

ok, well, about that song that u didn't know, maybe if u practice it now that u have it [i mean...do u have it? they did ask u, so i assume they gave it to u then....did they?] it'll better...

on the good side of things, push-ups ARE physical exercise, which are good to keep in shape. so i guess that's a good thing...  

Sotur

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff