Submit

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:55 pm
Alright so, I haven't seen on Gaia alot lately but I did buy and read New Moon.

I noticed that there were some things wrong with the characters in the book. Like Bella, no offence but did she come off as a slut to anyone else. She really seemed to be trying to get into Edwards pants this time and sex became a real issue in this book unlike the other.

Also, Jacob. Its really so uncharacter of him to be the way he was. I don't even know how to discribe how he was but he seemed out of character.

Does anyone else feel this way?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:16 pm
i don't know. i don't think that the characters were off i think that she just decided to show another side of them. they became more in deapth and complex i think.  

singin4Christ

Ladygrail

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:48 pm
Hmm kinda but changing into a ww kinda can have a bad effect on one's personality. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:25 pm
I thought that it was them. I liked the book. 3nodding  

shadowgrl7

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
The only person who was really out of character was Jacob. He seemed much more of an a** than in the other books and was a lot more manipulative. But it was probably just a side of him that had yet to be introduced.
And for the last time, Bella is not a slut. Just because you want to sleep with your boyfriend (who you love and are willing to give up your mortality for) is not a real big issue. Now if she wanted to get with Jacob while being with Edward, then she might be a slut or very confused. Having feelings for two men does not make you a slut, it just makes you unsure and confused about who you wanna be with.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:43 pm
XxFearRegretxX
The only person who was really out of character was Jacob. He seemed much more of an a** than in the other books and was a lot more manipulative. But it was probably just a side of him that had yet to be introduced.
And for the last time, Bella is not a slut. Just because you want to sleep with your boyfriend (who you love and are willing to give up your mortality for) is not a real big issue. Now if she wanted to get with Jacob while being with Edward, then she might be a slut or very confused. Having feelings for two men does not make you a slut, it just makes you unsure and confused about who you wanna be with.

I understand where you are going and I have no problem with the fact that she wanted to sleep with him, it just seemed to unlike her. Sex was next discussed in the books and it wasn't an issue until near the ending of Eclipse. It just seemed a bit out of character for her to be trying to undress herself while they kissed.  

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:34 pm
Rayne Skyver
XxFearRegretxX

I understand where you are going and I have no problem with the fact that she wanted to sleep with him, it just seemed to unlike her. Sex was next discussed in the books and it wasn't an issue until near the ending of Eclipse. It just seemed a bit out of character for her to be trying to undress herself while they kissed.

Mmkay, I agree. It didn't really seem like her. But it was most likely horomones that finally got to her!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:17 pm
I think she just thought Edward really meant for her to move on...So I think she wanted to respect his wishes...although stare she should know how much he love her 3nodding
Jacob was not really out of character I think he just wanted to start showing that he really liked Bella that is all... 3nodding So I dont think it was out of character...just showing what is unwrapped with their relationship biggrin
Although I havent read Eclipse and I have read some of New Moon I cant really stand New Moon *ugh*
No offense I dont like Jacob he is to...obbessive? or protective? i dont know all I know is that he REALLY likes Bella stare

So they arent out of character  

KikyoRin

Tacara2011

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:08 pm
I didn't like the way Edward was so understanding.
Another thing, Jacob, I didn't think he would have acted the way that he did in the sense that he forced himself upon Bella.
As for Bella, I think that sex has always been an issue with her, in Twilight Edward says (quoting from memory) " So have you ever," and Bella responds, "No love and lust have always been in the catagory for me." Then edward says something like " Atleast we have some thing in common." So I really don't think that she was out of character. Really I think that the charaters are just forming around Bella and are changing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:27 am
Well even though it hasn't been mentioned much, I'm sure she's thought about it. After all, she may be in love with a vampire, but that doesn't erase the fact that it's a teenage girl with some overactive horomones.

Yeah, I didn't like that either. Edward should've been willing to fight for her, although he did play dirty. Teehee!

And Jacob in New Moon, basically pre-werewolf Jacob wouldn't have done that.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items