Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
MUST...STOP...PROCRASTINATION!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Homework!?!
  I've been done for a while, and I've gotten a head start for next week! *gasp*
  Uhh....i'll get to it.
  Homework, *pffft* yea riiiight.
  Let me just get some more gaia gold....^_^
View Results

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:51 pm
I'm a college freshman, and i've already fallen behind on readings sweatdrop

There's just SO MUCH to read compared to high school, my poor brain is going to get fried...so instead I come online gaia, neopets, and draw/colour on the computer... redface

Any tips on how to read faster or somehow make reading fun/enjoyable?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[E][D][T]: Thanks for all the comments!!! i haven't taken any notes while reading this year, only during lectures...but at least i haven't fallen behind in readings lately, and i'll try to make notes tonight!

hella uncool: i like ur suggestion on pretty paper and pens! i can make note-taking fun, and if i get super bored, i'll doodle mrgreen

Winter_Equinox: lol "crunch-reading huh? does that actually work? i guess i'll try it, and i've never tried cliffnotes before! i'll check it out!

greendew: yesss, i like taking breaks. lots of breaks haha, its the only way to stay awake without drinking gallons of coffee >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:25 am
that all depends on what it is you're reading. reading is only enjoyable to me if I'm interested in the topic or story. if I'm not, then it's a grueling pain in the butt that puts me to sleep.  

Calypsophia

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:38 pm
I'd take notes on the book as I read. as cruddy as that sounds, it'll help you remember if the book is boring. buy some pretty colored pens maybe? and cool paper?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:48 pm
Well I don't know if you'd consider this cheating but here's a strategy I use when I don't like a book...basiclly I crunch read. I read like ten pages of each chapter and get the basic concepts and take notes then I use cliff notes ninja for the rest of your details.  

Sprockette

greendew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:05 pm
I take notes on each chapter and take one chapter at a time with about an hour or so break inbetween each chapter so I don't fall asleep or just stop reading all together ninja
The notes help me remember each chapters plot and point. If I forget to take the notes I usally forget what happened at the begining of the book after I finally finish it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:16 pm
Well, it depends:
If it's for school:
Read it and get it over with.
If it's Leisure:
Drop it and find another book with a more interesting topic.  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:09 am
yea it depends. if its a story u have no choice. if its like a huge text book you can skim through it. Im also a college freshman and i always have a whole bunch of reading. i guess its all a matter of getting use to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:03 am
crud...I am soooooo not ready for college reading assignments >.< if it doesn't interest me, my brain turns off (the harder I try, the less I can think about it >.<)....

We were reading Crime And Punishment this past year.....I don't think I read more than 80 pages (I still passed the class though >.> [I think having a larger vocabulary than the teacher and knowing the Cyrillic alphabet may have helped rolleyes ])

I've always had severe ADD, among other things >.<, and I simply cannot focus on anything uninteresting xp  

BloodlvsTxBvtterflies

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 am
i usually go for drinking gallons of coffee ^_^' not exactly the best i can do, but sometimes it's about THE only thing that'll keep me awake when doing homework. yes, college is MUCH harder than highschool. but eventually u'll get acostumed to it and learn the rythm, then making it easier to procastinate less....if u wanna make urself feel better while procastinating, call it "giving the mind a break" instead of procastinating...i do it a lot 3nodding sweatdrop nonetheless....u just gotta get used to it, slowly, but u will. don't try to cram it all, tho, bcs then u'll saturate urself and end up saying something like "screw it all, I'M NOT GONNA DO ANYTHING ELSE!!" which of course is bad. so...just work it out slowly...

hope that helped ^_^ i used my experience. i'm a 3rd yr college student ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:19 pm
BloodlvsTxBvtterflies
crud...I am soooooo not ready for college reading assignments >.< if it doesn't interest me, my brain turns off (the harder I try, the less I can think about it >.<)....

We were reading Crime And Punishment this past year.....I don't think I read more than 80 pages (I still passed the class though >.> [I think having a larger vocabulary than the teacher and knowing the Cyrillic alphabet may have helped rolleyes ])

I've always had severe ADD, among other things >.<, and I simply cannot focus on anything uninteresting xp

LOL. yes, my brain has a bad habit of turning itself off when i see anything boring. which basically means almost all of my textbook readings.

wow, i wish i had a bigger vocabulary like you ! (so i can insult people with big words and trick them into thinking its a compliment wink )

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:25 pm
Sotur
i usually go for drinking gallons of coffee ^_^' not exactly the best i can do, but sometimes it's about THE only thing that'll keep me awake when doing homework. yes, college is MUCH harder than highschool. but eventually u'll get acostumed to it and learn the rythm, then making it easier to procastinate less....if u wanna make urself feel better while procastinating, call it "giving the mind a break" instead of procastinating...i do it a lot 3nodding sweatdrop nonetheless....u just gotta get used to it, slowly, but u will. don't try to cram it all, tho, bcs then u'll saturate urself and end up saying something like "screw it all, I'M NOT GONNA DO ANYTHING ELSE!!" which of course is bad. so...just work it out slowly...

hope that helped ^_^ i used my experience. i'm a 3rd yr college student ^_^

hmm, coffee is a diuretic! it makes u go to the bathroom too often >.< somehow, i've fallen out of the rhythm since midterms, and now i'm a month behind in readings for 2 of my classes... crying
i wish there was more time.... i was forced to cram for my psych exams, and i skipped a lecture cos i felt sick...but somehow i got almost perfect on both multiple choice questions eek
i need to learn to discipline myself like u and do my work...
its just so overwhelming.

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff