Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which version of Threads was better?
  the original (fat box)
  the edited (thin pack)
View Results

ann4am

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:04 pm
i bought the seasons of SG1 as they came out, so i have the big fat box sets of seasons 1-8.
my mom came into the stargate world later, and the thin pack boxes were out by that time.
everything is the same between the fat and thin boxes...

*EXCEPT*

the episode Threads. totally different.
in my fat box episode: pete never called to talk about flowers in the middle of a meeting. you didn't see jack waking up with the FBI woman he was dating (i want to say her name was carrie but not sure.)
and i know there were other differences - lots of jaffa scenes, and completely different conversation between Daniel and oma desala.

so i had to go out and buy the thin pack also, just for one episode.

has anyone else seen both episodes?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:07 pm
and if anyone can answer me on another issue, i'll love ya forever. cause everytime i see the episode, this bugs the crap out of me.

while jacob is dying, he says he should have been dead 4 years ago. but he became a tokra in season 2. 8 minus 2 is 6 years, not 4. what's with that? it bugs me so much!!!  

ann4am

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:57 am
I've seen both versions, but only the long version once. It was originally 90 minutes long when it first premiered, so every time they rerun it they cut it down.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
i've seen both so many times, it takes me second to remember which is which.
i design costumes, and i have a TV in my sewing room, and when i'm working on projects i pretty much watch the entire series, in order, over and over again.  

ann4am

goddess velya
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:17 am
ann4am
and if anyone can answer me on another issue, i'll love ya forever. cause everytime i see the episode, this bugs the crap out of me.

while jacob is dying, he says he should have been dead 4 years ago. but he became a tokra in season 2. 8 minus 2 is 6 years, not 4. what's with that? it bugs me so much!!!

but i let him away with that cos he's dying, considering what he's going through he could have said 50 years and i still would have let it be  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:44 am
ann4am

That's what I though at first, but I think when he says that he's referring to when SG-1 rescued him from hell in the 3rd season. So that comes out to 5ish years, but I'm still not totally sure. I don't think jacob had any near death experiences in the 4th season.  

Tarica
Crew

Tarica
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 am
I actually haven't seen both versions. I have the fat box version of season 8, but I have the corrected version that is the same as the thin box. You can tell which one you have if you haven't seen both by seeing if you have a commentary for threads. If you don't, it's not the original version.  
season 8 sg-1

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games