Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you see that?
  yeah!!!!
  no... but i see what you're sayin
  really? awesome!
  dude you're totally stupid & 100% wrong!
View Results

RainyRose329

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Have you noticed that the rivalry between the vampires and werewolves is like the ageold cats verse dogs? bella constantly describes the vampires as cat-like... and the werewolves are dos, technically... anyone else get that?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm
oh i never noticed it like that! but some cats and dogs can coexist biggrin  

Rezuri-chanchan

twisted words

Dapper Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:00 pm
Actually, the only time Bella called the vampires 'catlike', she was referring to James, Laurent, and Victoria. Victoria especially. I see vampires and werewolves as a sort of water and oil thing. They don't mix.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:07 pm
Maybe... I'm interested to know how Meyer will solve this situation.  

julliel

Tipsy Ladykiller

6,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:49 pm
That's interesting. I never thought of it like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:46 am
I've noticed that. Vampires other than Victoria and that threesome, could be described as catlike. Several times throughout any of the books, Bella states that Edwaed (and I'm sure others as well) hisses.. which cats do. All of the vampires are very graceful.. landing on their feet and such.. which cats do.
I know there are other traits that would definitely go along with your theory which I can't think of right now... oO
lol  

artistxunknown

violin girl16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:39 pm
I totally get that. The werewolves are always refered to as dogs, and Bella compares Victoria to a cat a lot, always calling her feline like and stuff. There's also the hissing thing with Edward.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:17 pm
never thought of it that way.  

[dancing]

Alice_wanna_be

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:11 pm
Oh My God! I was just thinking that like an hour ago! weird. eek In other words yes I do see that!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm
Well that's an interesting thought. I did compare them to quite a bit of things, though. But yes, the Cat reference was mostly in Victoria's general direction, with those who were with her. Though when you think about it, the vampires in all are rather lithe creatures, quick and quiet, graceful. I suppose you can compare all of them as catlike, though... you can compare them to another animal.

But they can get at each other like cats and dogs... It's rather funny. And the fact that the wolves are technically larger dogs.

Gone with the Wiiiind

Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff