Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Shoujo
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:28 pm
Hehe! A subforum I finally can use my Interior Design majoring knowledge for! *evil laughter.... cough*

Anyways, one thing that is an absolute must for designing a home is choosing the colors you want to use as theme. The thing that I find most disatisfying with this when I visit some homes, is that they pick something like red and purple. And then suddenly out of nowhere, let's have ONE yellow item eek

Something that needs to be understood is the power of three. When you are using color in your house, choose wisely. Using a color once leaves people wondering if it was an accident; if it's used twice, they may become a little more confident that you added that color on purpose. But the golden number is three because it is then a sure thing that you meant to use that color without just tossing a random item into your home.

By all means, you can have a random item. I just wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to create a well-designed house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:01 am
I notice that also in some houses since the house prices are a bit costly for some they usually use the stuff they get in the DC.(i get a bunch of toasters there XDDD)

a good note that multi colored homes tend to shock the viewers eye because of the clashing.

another fact = is the starter wallpaper have flat colours, even worse they are too bright(easily solved by making the room dark with a few lights c: )

a few of my thoughts...  

Kralpex Exellium
Vice Captain

Evolved Shapeshifter

Vital Flame

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:11 pm
I would like it if Gaia added more rooms. Then we wouldn't have to try to cram all the neat stuff for our homes in one room.  

zenobia2

Poxa J.D. del Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:37 pm
zenobia2
I would like it if Gaia added more rooms. Then we wouldn't have to try to cram all the neat stuff for our homes in one room.

word  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:29 pm
Yeah, i had a demonic/angelic house design, yes, both of them, its actually worked pretty well, until it got hacked. Aw well. But when i get more money ill make an amazing house  

The Angelic Savior

Barton Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-gets drunk-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:03 am
I really think the prices on stuff should go down so people can have a nice place and fell good about them.  

someone5

Orchids of Apocalypse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:14 am
i also believe the prices should go down and that more rooms should be added in the house. Becaue honestly who has a couch refrigerator, television, bed, an workout equipment in one room. A lot of people do not have a lot of the gold, and it is very time consuming trying to get it, there should be many ways to obtaining it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 am
I will take the tip to heart . Any I agree with Someone5, with prices as they are I can do anything with my house. I can barely desgin an outfit, let only a house and a car. Though maybe if they figure out a way where people could gain gold quicker it would fine.  

Electra Luna

Remnaint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:34 pm
Inflation....the more gold available, the less it is worth, the more everything has to cost to equal it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:09 pm
More rooms would be wonderful. Then people can have a bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom design, and not have their house look cramped.

Prices must go down,
and I think houses should be used more.

iSillie

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100

-xXI_Am_KoibitoXx-

Invisible Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm
there should be more rooms cuz i dont think i want a kitchen trash-can close to my bed!! lol XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:55 pm
zenobia2
i kno how you feal i expanded my house and i still dont have enough space  

a 13 9

iMonochromatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

I'm trying to do up my house, but I'm saving for my dream avvie too! It's so frustrating, cos I really want to put more stuff in it, but I just can't afford to spend any more than a couple of thousand gold right now.

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

Advertise and discuss: Homes Design

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas