Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Friend in Trouble

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXChibiyukiXxX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:03 pm
My friend has been having emotional break downs. Her parents never listen to her. She has depressional issues but she never shows how she feels. She bottles them up. She doesn't want to go to a therapist, she justs wants to be alone. Now she eats and gets fatter and fatter. I'm sorry but something is wrong. I don't know what to do to help her.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:24 am
I think you should talk to her,maybe if she knew her friends cared about how she was feeling,sh'ed be open with you or her other friends.Just listen to her and be calm with her,being over emotional could upset her more.
Tell her that if she needs you you'll be there for her.Just give her a reason to trust you with her feelings.  

Sprockette

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:24 am
XxXChibiyukiXxX
My friend has been having emotional break downs. Her parents never listen to her. She has depressional issues but she never shows how she feels. She bottles them up. She doesn't want to go to a therapist, she justs wants to be alone. Now she eats and gets fatter and fatter. I'm sorry but something is wrong. I don't know what to do to help her.

do you know the source of her pain?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:00 pm
Winter_Equinox hit it spot on, you should simply talk to her, tell her you're there for her for w/e she needs. It's hard to watch a friend fall apart, but knowing tat she has someone there to talk to might help her a bit.  

Picasso_in_Pink

daggblu4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:38 pm
yea both winter and pink are right. mirroring her frenzy will only aggravate the situation so being calm and collected would help her out more. do you know what's going on w/ her? let her tell you everything when she's ready. but you have to emphasize the only way you could really help her is if she tells you whatever's bothering her.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:06 am
I hope things are going better for you ^_^  

Sprockette

The Coffee Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:46 am
pink and winter are right so just try to talk it out with her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:41 am
am sorry but i have been there and its not a nice place, when you bottle up your feeling you tend to do things you shouldnt but your mind is not working right because of all the things you feel, the best you can do as her friend is to smack her and tell her the truth, only she can get her out of there.  

Nitro-kun

daggblu4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:36 pm
sometimes being too forward and aggressive will only make people like her see you as overbearing. i suggested that to a friend who was dealing w/ a bulemic (sp?)friend- to just force her out of admission and stop being so pathetic...just grab her hair (figuratively) and show her how unflattering her position is. now, my friend is actually a psychology major and she corrected my blunt personality about the situation. it'll only make them shy away from you. although, in some circumstances, being upfront might help a little. a slap in the face to wake them up. but according to psychology @ -@" sensitivity is the better problem solver.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:26 am
Calypsophia
XxXChibiyukiXxX

do you know the source of her pain?
Well what I do when that happens is go and punch one off my toys. It takes out the anger so I don't feel as bad.  

Chipmint

Goth_chi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 pm
daggblu4
sometimes being too forward and aggressive will only make people like her see you as overbearing. i suggested that to a friend who was dealing w/ a bulemic (sp?)friend- to just force her out of admission and stop being so pathetic...just grab her hair (figuratively) and show her how unflattering her position is. now, my friend is actually a psychology major and she corrected my blunt personality about the situation. it'll only make them shy away from you. although, in some circumstances, being upfront might help a little. a slap in the face to wake them up. but according to psychology @ -@" sensitivity is the better problem solver.

She said her friend is eating alot... not that she's eating and purging. That souldn't be Bulemia.. it could still be considered an eating dissorder. it's just the opposite of anorexia and bulemia.

I say dont be too rough with her if you decide to go that rout. I've had probelms with depression and if someone told me to 'cut it the eff out' or something like that i'd pass them off as a B. (female dog) and start avoiding them. Just be a sounding board. let her spea her mind and dont tell her she's wrong but that you understand. if she says she sucks dont say 'no you dont' say "I dont think you suck, I think you're __(fill inblank)__. She'll feel more comfortable knowing you care and she wont keep it bottled inside.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games