Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm
Alright..
For some odd reason, I've always had horrible luck when it comes to relationships.
I'm seventeen years old, though instead of playing around like most girls I know; I actually have wanted a nice, serious relationship where it isn't all about sex.
Although just about every guy I meet and slowly end up liking over a few months period of time (I never jump straight into a relationship.), his entire personality changes the moment we start dating.

Like this one kid, lets say his name is Dustin. He's my neighbors bestfriend, so I've known him since I was reaaal little, like five or so. But he never showed me his true side, until we started dating; where I found out he was into partying big time. Drinking for weeks on end with no food, doing drugs and just being an idiot for an eighteen year old.

Now, I'm against drugs and alcohol for many personal reasons that I wont go into, but I tried to back off enough to let him have his fun and so I wouldn't be a total b***h. But over spring break, it got totally out of hand. He threw a huge party in his parents house, and trashed it. I mean, you couldn't see the floor anymore with all the beer cans, ash and just all the crap that was everywhere.

I stayed there for one purpose; to help clean up because he has four younger siblings, two of which are like five and seven. I finally found his aunts number and called her, so she came and broke everything up and made him clean up which took about three days.

I had told him I didn't want anything to do with him if tihs was how he liked to have fun, because there was a certain age you should just get out of stuff like that. Well, he promised me he'd change his ways, so I gace him one last chance; but he lied. So now we've been broken up for some time, but he keeps telling me he's cleaning up; then posts pictures on his myspace of how drunk he is and stuff.

That's only half of what I've gone through with guys; most of it is much worse and not exactly.. Gaia permitted.

Are all guys like this, or am I just an idiot who can't see through fake smiles?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:45 pm
I know what ur going through....im 17 also and i had relationships from hell .......this one guy i was going out with i swear he was just so nice and kind then ...six months later he started getting really aggressive and he would yell at me and make me feel bad for things i dind't even do...we went out for a total of 9 months he also did drugs and promised to stop but ofcourse that wasn't true..........i broke up with him but even afterwards it was like hell anyways my advice to u is forget about the guy cuz he will never change especially if he is involved with drugs u should and deserve someone better........guys are idiots but their some nice guys out there u just got to look but im with u and the whole bad luck with relation ships!!!(btw my avatar is a boy but im a girl)  

1Die Romantic

phynixblack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:16 pm
Ouch. I feel bad for you, no, every man isn't like that. For instance, I am one of those guys who is either in a serious relationship or not bothering at all. heck, I haven't even gone farther then kissing so far, I have a similar problem, only backwards, I try to be exactly what I say I am but all I get is complained too then dumped because I 'false advertise'

There are just one to many bad people, But someday people like you or me will shine through, until then try this...

~~~~HUG~~~~  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:26 pm
Mmhm. Aside from the *Dustin character, I normally end up breaking up with people for wanting sex, and not respecting my wishes of not wanting it. >.<

It's sad, that the world has to revolve around sexual actions. Buut maybe one day!

*Hugs back!*

=)

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

1Die Romantic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:48 pm
i know that not every guy is like that but it hard to spot the nice ones when ur heart has been torn to many times....

~*~Group hug~*~  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 pm
i am definitely not like this guy. he's been corrupted. i actually care about the relationships im in and my health and my home. no offense but that guy is a dumb***.  

K1T3

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:48 am
Yes.
I know he is.
He's still getting mad at me for not believing him.
And he wants to move back into town just so he can show me he changed.
But even if he has, I'm not sure what to do.
I cared about him alot, and got a smack in the face in return.
It's sad, what drugs can do for a person.
And I honestly think its sad I'm constantly meeting all these 'nice' guys over the internet. ._.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:09 am
Missy-Child
Yes.
I know he is.
And I honestly think its sad I'm constantly meeting all these 'nice' guys over the internet. ._.

hey there.. not all guys are like that. but it is weird how we tend to choose guys with the same personality traits. when I was younger I was heavily attracted to the 'bad boy' type. I'm glad to say my husband grew out of it. generally speaking, the older they get (guys) the more mature they get.. that is, if they're even interested in growing up they do. some men remain eternal children.

I wouldnt trust him if I were you, I dont care how mad he gets.. it's your life and you have a right to not have to deal with that crap if you dont want to. and keep in mind.. a person can be whatever he/she wants to be online.. they can project themselves to be 'nice guys' and then turn out to be the complete opposite. so dont feel too bad about that.  

Calypsophia

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 am
Calypsophia
Missy-Child
Yes.
I know he is.

hey there.. not all guys are like that. but it is weird how we tend to choose guys with the same personality traits. when I was younger I was heavily attracted to the 'bad boy' type. I'm glad to say my husband grew out of it. generally speaking, the older they get (guys) the more mature they get.. that is, if they're even interested in growing up they do. some men remain eternal children.

I wouldnt trust him if I were you, I dont care how mad he gets.. it's your life and you have a right to not have to deal with that crap if you dont want to. and keep in mind.. a person can be whatever he/she wants to be online.. they can project themselves to be 'nice guys' and then turn out to be the complete opposite. so dont feel too bad about that.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons I was attracted to him.
I dated him for about seven months, and when we first got together I was sixteen; he was eighteen.
I figured, since he had been out of highschool for so long, he had gotten out of all the immature stuff.
We 'dated' for a few months before we officially got together, and the moment we became boyfriend and girlfriend he showed me his true side.
Which disgusted me.

And yeah, I know the whole thing about online stuffs.
Tis' why I don't date over the net.
It just depresses me I meet supposed nice guys over the internet.
And all the ones who are interested in me in person are scum.
o_o

Haha, my big brother is an eternal child!
But he can be grown up when he needs to be, which makes him all the more fun to be around.
He stopped drinking for my seventeenth birthday, cause he knows I hate people who drink alot.
It was awesome. =)
XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:22 pm
Missy-Child
Calypsophia
Missy-Child
Yes.
I know he is.

I dated him for about seven months, and when we first got together I was sixteen; he was eighteen.
I figured, since he had been out of highschool for so long, he had gotten out of all the immature stuff.

We 'dated' for a few months before we officially got together, and the moment we became boyfriend and girlfriend he showed me his true side.
Which disgusted me.

LOL 18? honey, in my experience on average they dont truly mature until they're in their 30s biggrin  

Calypsophia

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 pm
Calypsophia
Missy-Child
Calypsophia
Missy-Child
Yes.
I know he is.

Which disgusted me.

LOL 18? honey, in my experience on average they dont truly mature until they're in their 30s biggrin

*Snorts*
I can honestly say I wont be interested in anyone in their 30's for a looooong while!
XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 am
heh, calypsophia is right on the money, us guys are all to darn kid like until we hit about 30. I got lucky, my growing up had to happen in the span of days, I lost my childhood yeah but I know so much that I am glad to know. I am 17 with two younger brothers, 13 and 9, our father is trying like hell, he really is. But ends wont meet, he pulls in great money and the debt on our family is still horrible, our mother was a bad woman, she decided to stay around long enough to put dad into absolutely terrible debt, then ran off with the next guy she met in a bar, I think he knows the debt will truly outlive him. We are truly at the point were I give up my meals to help properly feed the two youngest.

being as it is, he cant be a proper father. I had to learn that role at 13 within a period of three days. I have helped Father my brothers for the past four years and been forced to do alot. I am now trying to run my own business out of home to help the family. My situation was forced maturity, I still have horrible faults that actually seem out of place in my demeanor.

so unless you want a guy like myself (4 years of emotional baggage) you wont be finding much more than a two to 7 month relationship. We are kids, We should learn about love, not force ourselves to experience it. You appear to be very attractive, go find a decent guy and see if it goes anywere. let your heart hop about 'within reason' and the best things will come to you. trust me.  

phynixblack

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:11 am
phynixblack
heh, calypsophia is right on the money, us guys are all to darn kid like until we hit about 30. I got lucky, my growing up had to happen in the span of days, I lost my childhood yeah but I know so much that I am glad to know. I am 17 with two younger brothers, 13 and 9, our father is trying like hell, he really is. But ends wont meet, he pulls in great money and the debt on our family is still horrible, our mother was a bad woman, she decided to stay around long enough to put dad into absolutely terrible debt, then ran off with the next guy she met in a bar, I think he knows the debt will truly outlive him. We are truly at the point were I give up my meals to help properly feed the two youngest.

being as it is, he cant be a proper father. I had to learn that role at 13 within a period of three days. I have helped Father my brothers for the past four years and been forced to do alot. I am now trying to run my own business out of home to help the family. My situation was forced maturity, I still have horrible faults that actually seem out of place in my demeanor.

so unless you want a guy like myself (4 years of emotional baggage) you wont be finding much more than a two to 7 month relationship. We are kids, We should learn about love, not force ourselves to experience it. You appear to be very attractive, go find a decent guy and see if it goes anywere. let your heart hop about 'within reason' and the best things will come to you. trust me.

excelent advice my friend! good to see you in another thread. your honesty is refreshing! I might add, tho you had to give up your childhood too early, you've turned out wonderfully for it. I see you as someone who's had hard times and rather than wallowed in self-pity as most people would, you've learned from it. very wise for your years.

and I'm sorry to hear your mother skipped out on you tho. she's robbed herself of the opportunity to be proud and see how well you've come along. her loss!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:35 am
Calypsophia
phynixblack

excelent advice my friend! good to see you in another thread. your honesty is refreshing! I might add, tho you had to give up your childhood too early, you've turned out wonderfully for it. I see you as someone who's had hard times and rather than wallowed in self-pity as most people would, you've learned from it. very wise for your years.

and I'm sorry to hear your mother skipped out on you tho. she's robbed herself of the opportunity to be proud and see how well you've come along. her loss!

First, I'd like to thank Phynixblack. It's not often I get a compliment of being pretty. =)
I'm sorry about your mum, that's gotta be hard to deal with. But as Calypsophia said, it's her loss that she couldn't see what her son grew into.
As for decent guys, there aren't many around here. o.e;
And the few whom I know are wonderful, are some of my very bestfriends and I couldn't possibly think about even going out on a date with them. From experience, I know once most relationships end, the two don't want much to do with each other. I always tried to stay in contact with some of them (The ones who merely cheated, and didn't do anything so utterly bad... not saying cheating isn't bad.), although it failed. And I'd rather not loose my friendship with some of these people over a romantic relationship not working out. o.e;

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:27 pm
Missy-Child
Calypsophia
phynixblack

First, I'd like to thank Phynixblack. It's not often I get a compliment of being pretty. =)
I'm sorry about your mum, that's gotta be hard to deal with. But as Calypsophia said, it's her loss that she couldn't see what her son grew into.
As for decent guys, there aren't many around here. o.e;
And the few whom I know are wonderful, are some of my very bestfriends and I couldn't possibly think about even going out on a date with them. From experience, I know once most relationships end, the two don't want much to do with each other. I always tried to stay in contact with some of them (The ones who merely cheated, and didn't do anything so utterly bad... not saying cheating isn't bad.), although it failed. And I'd rather not loose my friendship with some of these people over a romantic relationship not working out. o.e;

yeah.. it's a big risk to bring a close friendship up to the level of a romantic one. if it doesnt work out, you'll usually find that not only have you lost your lover, but the friend you used to have as well. too much gets in the way for it to go back to how it was.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff