Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Shawshank Redemption Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 pm
"This is a big huge goddamn conspiracy, and everyone's in on it!!!!!!!!!!!"

-The Warden

I heart this movie. A lot. Morgan Freeman is awesome, whoever plays Andy is awesome, and the story is great (I know it was based off a book I didn't read). It's kinda funny, a good story about life, and just a great film. I watched it in my English class and thought it might be bad but I kinda like how much they curse in it. The evolving character's are great as they show about 50 years of the prison inmates lives. Comment on this movie any pessimism I shall strike down with a passion ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:33 pm
Great movie!!! 3nodding  

Ska Hippie

T3h Antek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:11 am
Indeed very good film, must have seen it 3 or 4 times whee Emotional.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 pm

This is one of my favorite movies.

The guy who played Andy is Tim Robbins, helluva good actor.

The movie is taken from the book of the same name by Stephen King. Surprising, isn't it? King has written several books that are not horror stories. One of them is Dolores Claiburn, which is also a really good film.

Another of King's books was made into a great movie called Misery, in which Kathy Bates won the Oscar for Best Actress. Not strictly a horror story, but scary as hell!

MustangDragon

mommytolucan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:06 am
loved it wink  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:18 pm
This movie is one instance in which I think the movie version far outshines the book.  

Kenshin1387

g h o u l ii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:00 pm
my boyfriend recently strapped me down and had me watch it.
i'd heard it wasn't very entertaining.

turned out it was a really good movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 am
It was sooooooooooo good I just loved it!!!! It was so cute!!! I can't even express how much I loved it!!!!!!!!!  

Miss_Neko_Baby

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:19 pm
Yep emotional...I loved how when Andy asked Red if Boggs and his pals were homosexuals and Red tells them they aren't you have to be human first xd hilarious but I liked him smashing that guys jaw w/a hubcap...but hate the rape that's nasty  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:18 pm
I only saw bits and pices of it when I was little, but my daddy loves the movie.  

egginaframe

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:37 pm
green-little-penguin
I only saw bits and pices of it when I was little, but my daddy loves the movie.

Errr...how old when you saw it it's really an adult movie seriously it isn't just blood and gore (no offense but they rate a lot of movies R cause of that along w/almost every one having some sex scene/nudity) if you were 5 or something under 10 you shouldn't even be allowed to hear it cause it's as much physical as it is verbal  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:22 pm
suggestion. . . .pair it with the Green mile.

makes a good, chill, movie night  

HakimsRazor

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:24 pm
HakimsRazor

I think pairing those two movies together would make for a tear-filled slightly depressing movie night. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:06 am
Kenshin1387
HakimsRazor

I think pairing those two movies together would make for a tear-filled slightly depressing movie night. biggrin

What's the Green Mile?? Never heard of that one  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:50 pm
Warlock Turtle
Kenshin1387
HakimsRazor

What's the Green Mile?? Never heard of that one

"The Green Mile" is another movie adapted from a Stephen King novel, which was written (err...."adapted") and directed by Frank Darabont, who just so happened to direct "The Shawshank Redemption". "The Green Mile" follows a prison guard (or some similar position), played by Tom Hanks, during the 1930s-1940s. One day, the prison guard gets a new prisoner. He's really a gentle giant, but was convicted of raping and murdering two little girls. I know I make it sound crappy, and I don't want to give away too much of the movie, so all I can say is go see this movie now.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff