Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Otaku Pride Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amara Verdandi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:57 am
How many other otakus here feel the need to express their love of anime. I have two Naruto headbands and an InuYasha cap with doggy ears on it and I got a lot of criticism on it. If you've been in this situation how many of you smile appreciatively when people call you a geek? I don't care, I love anime and I couldn't care less about the opinions of others.

I can't wait until I start getting cosplay stuff and m Roy Mustang messenger bag!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:13 pm
I just never got into anime. So I don't understand the whole fuss of the matter; Because, I am a technology/ sci-fi/ fiction/ fantasy nerd.

(/music lover)  

Machine Deity

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:53 am
Total Otaku!!
Also a raving fangirl....*glomps someone*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:33 pm
I enjoy being called a geek or weird. It makes my day. Dattebayo blaugh  

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

Romeo_moon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:56 pm
I just bought a kimono for $15. It's not from any particular anime, but I've thought about cosplaying as an anime character with it. I also just recently bought a pair of fingerless gloves with the Sand symbol on them. I also bought some cat eared hats that I like to wear with the gloves. I walk around the music department at the University here wen my anime club is in session for the semester. People think I'm weird.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 pm
Every time my brother finds me watching Lucky Star he justs stares at me and says "...uhhhh, whatchoo lookin' at, you geek?".

I just answer him with "none of your business, you junkie". 3nodding  

Da_Nuke

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:53 pm
My parents hate my Otaku spirit.
They are trying to squash the spirit out of me. That and the J-drama obsession  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:57 am
no onw made fun of me for it because i look like a rocker not a geek, but im an otaku threw and threw  

Alucard76

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Carmondomon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:00 pm
OTAKU'S UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!

thankfully...our school has an anime club...so we're all nerds together =D
although...I'm still an noob....and a freshamn...and they all think I'm too weird and hyper and noisy...the president doesn't like me much....when he tells everyone 'to keep things down' he always looks right at me >.>

ANYWAYZ

yeh...I have a shelf filled with manga...BLEACH game, BLEACH bag, two BLEACH T-shirts, a Death Note poster, Death not T-shirt, and an FMA T-shirt ^.^ and the first DVD of Azumanga Daioh!!! ^.^

and me and my friends are learning the Hare Hare Yukai dance (I'm doing Mikuru's part!!!!)and we plan on MAYBE learning the lucky star dance ^.^

and my friend patrick will probably end up being one of those gys who lives witht heir mother for the rest of their lives...but instead of being one of those guys int heir 30's that collect comic books and stuff...he'll be collecting anything anime-related....he's already spent $150 on anime figurines from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia XP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:27 pm
User Image
heart OTAKU-ness~ heart

i have a manga library of about 35+ mangas, collect Shojo Beat, posters and stickers ^-^

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Romeo_moon: Omg, where did you get a kimono for so cheap!?! i heard they can cost thousands of dollars ... my goal is to buy a traditional sakura-adorned kimono one day. whee

@cosplayers: i can understand dressing up for conventions and halloween, but walking around on a normal day looking like Naruto? rolleyes

@the_noodle00: *glomps back and offers pocky*

@carmondmon: yay! lucky you, my high school never had one. my college does, but all they do is charge people to watch anime once a month sweatdrop

My old anime club at the library club was better: freeee! i got hooked onto naruto and fruits basket there. and i used to draw for the manga club ^.^
now, i only have time during holidays to draw fanart... =_=

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:13 pm
no one see my otaku spirit at school(no one see me period crying )
I own the naruto headband(I own the sand village one)
and wear it everywhere and no care and I also own
more than 300+ mangas and some don't fit on my
bookshelf or my room(if anyone care neutral )  

Tal_Katana

Dangerous Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shan Garadex

Newbie Vampire

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm
Yup, i'm an otaku.......AND I LOVE IT!!! xd ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:21 pm
Well,Not much of anime/manga stuff,but,well,collection since i was a kid,a shelf full of Doraemon(but i sold it!*sob* crying )A lot of pokemon stikers(Which I lost it),Few Sailormoon manga,Sailormoon DVD(Might be illegal,or illegal,I dunno)And till now,Detective Conan manga,quite a lot,a poster(and it doesn't look like conan),Does W.i.t.c.h. count,coz I almost got the whole collection till the series they are selling in my country,a poster of w.i.t.c.h.,Detective academy q(only 2 coz its not popular here),More but i'm lazy 2 put it here since someone is nagging at me 2 bath now(I'm stiil a student)  

tanteicjh

hitomi100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:18 pm
I´m an Otaku too!!!
I have a naruto headband too
and my Kakashi plush (wiiii 4laugh )
I have a lot of posters and anime stuffs
my next target is to get a Kitsune mask
and the Sharingan contact lens yay!! n.n
(also want lots of other anime stuffs @.@)

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games