Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
The Newbie Thread *Read First Post* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:02 pm
Okay, this is a bit of a modified version of the Master Thread List, which I found too hard to keep updated. Since we are always getting new members, I wanted an easy to find thread where they can introduce themselves, ask questions, and where they can find links to common threads.

So, first things first. I'm Freakezette and I'm the creator and Captain of the Japanese Student Guild. I have been studying Japanese for 4+ years now. The "misson" of this guild was to bring together Gaians who are interested in Japan and it's language and culture. But we can pretty much talk about anything.

I want to stress what threads are not allowed at JSG.

1. Duplicate threads (I'm not too hardcore about this, but I do ask you scan the first page or two before creating new threads.
2. "Teach Me Japanese" threads
3. Promotions for other guilds/quests/websites/avi contests/whatever
These will get locked and deleted.
4. Introduction threads are now allowed in the Anything Goes Subforum ONLY
Posting Rules are clearly stated in the guild rules, and speaking of, if you haven't read the Guild rules, now's a great time too.
Guild Rules ~Read Me Or Else

You can introduce yourself in this thread, or in these two threads:
Create Your Autobiography
Official Whatever Topic
See, 3 places to say hi, it's all too much! biggrin

As for "Teach Me Japanese" threads . . . there is now a whole subforum for you to check out. Please make use of the Language Question's sticky, threads that ask just one question like "How do you say 'kitty'?" will generally wear on my nerves (it's 'koneko' by the way biggrin )  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:20 pm
Yay I'm the first to reply!

Anyway, I'm Spaz as may have already been assumed. whee My real name is Kelsey though if anyone wants to refer to me with that name. As for my age, it's 15. And just for a random fact, my sign is Cancer. ^_^

My love for anime and manga stemmed from my love of Japan. I've been interested in Japan's culture since I was a little kid. And currently I've been trying to learn the language, though my attempts have proved rather futile. So I'm glad I found this guild, it'll be easier to learn with other people who share the same passion for the language.

And that's all I got for my intro!

End! xd  

Spaz Queen

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:08 pm
Spaz Queen
Yay I'm the first to reply!

Anyway, I'm Spaz as may have already been assumed. whee My real name is Kelsey though if anyone wants to refer to me with that name. As for my age, it's 15. And just for a random fact, my sign is Cancer. ^_^

My love for anime and manga stemmed from my love of Japan. I've been interested in Japan's culture since I was a little kid. And currently I've been trying to learn the language, though my attempts have proved rather futile. So I'm glad I found this guild, it'll be easier to learn with other people who share the same passion for the language.

And that's all I got for my intro!

End! xd

Welcome spaz queen aka Kelsey. Don't be discouraged with learning Japanese, it's difficult, but it's rewarding. I for some reason get a really satisfactory feeling when I seem something in Japanese and can read and understand it. It's what keeps me going.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:08 pm
Thanks for the advice! I shall preservere! ... Y'know if there was a Naruto emoticon it would be perfect. xd  

Spaz Queen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:20 pm
hello
im thirteen and my attempts at speaking japanes proved futile.i can speak alittle japanese,(konbawa,san)the names cody and i read alot of manga.i can also speak alittle bit of nihongo food talk.(waribashi/ohashi=chopsticks,ohashi are the kind that snap irregularly in half that you get at restaraunts.)of course i live in a sato.(the secondary meaning,of course."the place where your parents live")i also love to put alot of kosho in my raman! biggrin im done.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:36 pm
uryu ishida
hello
im thirteen and my attempts at speaking japanes proved futile.i can speak alittle japanese,(konbawa,san)the names cody and i read alot of manga.i can also speak alittle bit of nihongo food talk.(waribashi/ohashi=chopsticks,ohashi are the kind that snap irregularly in half that you get at restaraunts.)of course i live in a sato.(the secondary meaning,of course."the place where your parents live")i also love to put alot of kosho in my raman! biggrin im done.
you're so young, don't worry if your attempt to speak japanese are "futile." hopefully you'll have the opportunity to take a class at some point  

Freakezette
Captain

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:21 pm
probably next school year,when im in highschool.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:17 am
Konbon wa, minna. ("Good evening, everyone") Watashi no namae ga Ali desu. (My name is Ali). Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! ("Nice to meet you.") I'm 17, and I love japan to bits. I've been trying to learn the language, but I'm too young to take a course in it yet, as here, you have to be 21, 'cause you can only learn japanese in university. I'm planning to go over to Japan to teach english, and I think this guild looks like a lot of fun, and it could be a big help too.  

Knights of the Realm

m i d XII n i g h t

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:00 pm
Yay, i can't wait!

My name is Kotori, i'm an American born Japanese. But, I don't really know much about Japanese. I speak very little of it, and i did do a reseach on Japan. I'm still trying my best to learn Japanese.

Oh-yea! I'm 14, and i love anime. I love to chat online, and read fanfics. And that's pretty much all you need t o know about me.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:47 am
An idea

What if there was a thread that worked like this:

Each day, someone would post a lesson, and each lesson would build on the last. Also, all but the most relevant posts after each lesson would be deleted at the same time to keep it 1 lesson per page.

Plausible?  

entivore

Tee_and_Essing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:22 am
ha-ze-me-ma-shi-te (how are you?) minasan - oh-hie-oh-go-zie-E-mas, everyone good morning, ke-dets,stand (*you stand) le, bow (*you bow) chac-sa-ke, sit (*you sit) (thats how we do it in our class) I am 15 and i have been taking ne-hon-go at my school for a year. I go to west jr high and i love to go to barns and noble on fridays to read manga. ninja So I have really nothing more to say other than wa-ta-shi-wa ma-n-ga oh A-E des. (i love written comics)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:32 pm
entivore
An idea

What if there was a thread that worked like this:

Each day, someone would post a lesson, and each lesson would build on the last. Also, all but the most relevant posts after each lesson would be deleted at the same time to keep it 1 lesson per page.

Plausible?
I think that''s a good idea. It might need to be somewhat organized, like get 7 people together who feel they have a good knowledge of Japanese (beginners Japanese, at least) and assign a day to them, (or if we don''t have 7, assign 2 days to a couple people). Hmm, I''ll see whose interested in writing lessons  

Freakezette
Captain

Shirock Taralom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:50 pm
hi im shirock and umm not much to say but umm hi  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:47 pm
Hi everyone.
I'm Folugon, i'm 17 and I live in France. I'm japanese and I'm here because I'm looking for some Japanese people to talk because there aren't Japanese people a lot in France so I can't talk to them ! sweatdrop

Sorry for my bad English ><"

Kibake

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:34 pm
Folugon
Hi everyone.
I'm Folugon, i'm 17 and I live in France. I'm japanese and I'm here because I'm looking for some Japanese people to talk because there aren't Japanese people a lot in France so I can't talk to them ! sweatdrop

Sorry for my bad English ><"
Hi, Folugon, welcome to the JSG. I don't know how many japanese people we have, but you can go to the "intermediate nihongo no topikku" and talk in japnese there. Here's a link Nihongo no topikku

p.s. your english is just fine, don't worry about it.  
The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff