Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Is Saw about revenge?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uerian

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:06 pm
Well, in my Honors English class, we were talking about revenge versus forgiveness, as we're starting to head into reading about Romeo and Juliet. One person brought up the Saw movies as an example of revenge, and some people said that it was just some guy killing people for enjoyment. Others said that it really was an example of revenge. I agree with it being revenge; it is revenge on those people because they wasted their lives, so Jigsaw is forcing them to play the "games". But I wanted to know what others thought; do you think that the Saw movies are examples of revenge? Are they just some guy that likes to kill? Or do you just stick with the fact that he targets those that waste their lives?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:38 am
i think he was just in it for killing
i mean.......yeah ..........he just went crazy.......  

BlackFiah23

Uerian

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 am
BlackFiah23
i think he was just in it for killing
i mean.......yeah ..........he just went crazy.......
But the point is that he chose people who "wasted" their lives, and his "games", if they did not kill the person, would scar them forever.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:26 pm
yea...there's a thought inside my head that says that it is about revenge...oh and hes not killing for fun...he has a reason---have you been following the movieS??

Octaru250
Crew

mommytolucan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 am
I don't think I want to watch that film; he sounds so sadistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:05 pm
scardy cat!
yeah......i get confused esaly and i love saw.
if i were in a horror movie i would kill fr fun...  

BlackFiah23

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:54 pm
no, jigsaw wanted them to cherish their lives. that's why he chose them and gave them that spacific game. and he only went crazy after his son was killed by that druggie. that guy was his first victim.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 pm
i think Jigsaw wants people to realize how much life is actually worth...
cause there're those crazy people out there who think it's perfectly fine to endanger other lives or hurt themselves

but then again, yeah, i also think he's after revenge because of that one dude who killed his wife's son...
lol he did go quite crazy lmao

(dont think i like the movies okay? my friend forced me to watch -3-)  

Sy Kirheart

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm
I've always thought that he did it to teach people a lesson.
The people who he killed were given a chance to live.
I thought of it as him wanted people to stop taking life for granted.
After watching the last film, I came to a conclusion that he did it first to somewhat avenge his baby's death...
But then it was no longer about that anymore.
He was taking the part of a really cruel vigilante following his own morals.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:59 pm
I'm only going to base the following thesis on the first Saw film, because Saws II - IV are obviously just quick cash grabs.

Saw is a film about redemption. Jigsaw has nothing personal against the people he chooses. He chooses them because they take life for granted, and do stupid, immoral, and inconsiderate things. He wants them to better appreciate their lives by making them play deathly games of chance. If you win, you come out with scars reminding you of how stupid you were before playing the game. If you lose, you die. It's a simple concept, really. We could take into account all the extra baggage that comes with Saws II - IV, but the heart of the story lies in it's theme of redemption.

We could, of course, look at this theme of redemption in reverse. They mess with the lives of others, they pay with their own lives.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:21 am
XRaggedyAnnX
I've always thought that he did it to teach people a lesson.
The people who he killed were given a chance to live.
I thought of it as him wanted people to stop taking life for granted.
After watching the last film, I came to a conclusion that he did it first to somewhat avenge his baby's death...
But then it was no longer about that anymore.
He was taking the part of a really cruel vigilante following his own morals.

Well put! 3nodding

However, I think Saw IV (the movie itself) was revenge on those who find watching gory flicks to be so much fun. Filmed in one month?! I quote my boyfriend, "learn how to direct before destroying a franchise".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:21 am
RedWhiteBlack
I'm only going to base the following thesis on the first Saw film, because Saws II - IV are obviously just quick cash grabs.

Saw is a film about redemption. Jigsaw has nothing personal against the people he chooses. He chooses them because they take life for granted, and do stupid, immoral, and inconsiderate things. He wants them to better appreciate their lives by making them play deathly games of chance. If you win, you come out with scars reminding you of how stupid you were before playing the game. If you lose, you die. It's a simple concept, really. We could take into account all the extra baggage that comes with Saws II - IV, but the heart of the story lies in it's theme of redemption.

We could, of course, look at this theme of redemption in reverse. They mess with the lives of others, they pay with their own lives.

i agree they have to cherish their lives and not take it for granted
or any 1 else for that matter  

i-ViiCiOUS-whoRe

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas