Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
What's better, Yaoi or Yuri? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi or Yuri
Yuri
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Yaoi
57%
 57%  [ 40 ]
Both
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 70

-Shelby Futago-

Fashionable Entrepreneur

2,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:50 pm
Everyone has their own feelings on the subject. I just wanted to know what people think. I'm more of a yuri fan. Actually, more like a HermioneXGinny fan. Since it's like me in Real life.

Hermione-Me
Ginny-My Girlfriend

Reasons why
-------------------
1.Ginny's younger that Hermione(like me and my girlfriend)
2.BurnettesXRedHeads are awesom  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 pm
I like yuri most too. I'm not really sure why, maybe because it's rare to find nowadays. Like in the fan-fic forum, most of those [[if not all]] stories are yaoi. It bugs me a bit, but I'm okay with reading it every now and then. I just wish there was more yuri pairings.
My favorite pairing is Ginny/Luna. I just think they look cute together! 4laugh  

Sir Shane Nickolas

IgnorantSkittle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:25 pm
I don't really think that one is better than the other. It just depends on the mood I'm in, I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:58 pm
In general, I'd say yuri wins. But for Harry Potter, the lack of a lot of developed female characters makes me go more in the yaoi direction. Although ginny/luna and tonks/luna have potential.  

Whispyfox

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:37 pm
Both. But the girls are more slashable.

I have fixtated pairings for the guys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:04 pm
I'm a fan of Ginny/Tonks, but as far as HP pairings go my lonest ship has been a Yaoi one.
I'm sure you'r all very tired of hearing this from me, but Long Live SiriusxRemus!!!
Someone's going to smack me I know it.  

Black_the(last)dogstar

-Shelby Futago-

Fashionable Entrepreneur

2,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:25 am
Well, I say yuri wins! Yay! *smiles happily*

Black, I'm a fan of yaoi too, but since I am taken by a girl and I'm a girl myself, I have to say Yuri is the best.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:02 pm
Yaoi, yuri never really made me think of anything....
Draco/Harry- My OtP
Remus/Sirius- Dead sexy
Dumbledore/Grindlevald- Canon!

Amour Hannah Abbott

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:37 am
Yaoi is better in my opinion, although I understand why people like yuri (probably for the same reasons I love yaoi).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:45 am
I prefer yaoi over yuri. I don't know why though.  

uteda

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:15 pm
In Harry Potter, yaoi. In everything else......nope. Still yaoi. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:07 pm
Quote:
I'm a fan of Ginny/Tonks, but as far as HP pairings go my lonest ship has been a Yaoi one.
I'm sure you'r all very tired of hearing this from me, but Long Live SiriusxRemus!!!
Someone's going to smack me I know it.

I definitely won't smack you; that's definitely my fave ship!

Yaoi. It's a lot easier to find and, in HP especially, I've never read a yuri fic that worked for me. If someone knows of well-written one involving Luna I'd love to read it!

MinervaEvenstar

Jupiter_bug

Questionable Bunny

20,375 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 pm
it usually depends on the mood but it i find it hard to find any good yuri fics! is it too much to ask for a yuri fic that isn't all smut?! where is the plot?! if anyone knows of a good yuri fic (that has a good plot) could you send me the link? pwease! *puppy eyes*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm
I like both; being bi. xd Hah.

I just find BL/GL the same. Sans different genders... after all, without genders we'd just be souls... well, different things depending on your view. 3nodding And prejudice sucks...

And! You'd be kind of a hypocrite, liking yaoi and hating yuri, or liking yuri but hating yaoi... *shrugs*

There's my view on it. X3

Lenre Li

Liara-Shadowsong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:54 pm
I'm personally more of a yaoi than yuri fan, but when it comes to fanfiction I'll read either... It depends upon the presence of an actual plot, as well as to a certain degree the specific pairing. If I like a story for its plot, I don't care if it contains yaoi, yuri, only heterosexual pairings, or no pairings at all. Still, to me, plot-containing Sirius x Remus, Harry x Neville, Harry x Draco, or Ginny x Luna are the best for stories in terms of slash (of either male or female variety).  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff