Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
ATTN: People Who Cook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:50 pm
I'm looking for a good Thai-ish peanut and garlic sauce recipe to go over noodles. If you've got one, please PM me or post it here!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:15 pm
I can cook, but I don't cook Thai. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Kachan36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 pm
My roommate and I love this recipe. You can experiment with different hot sauces and chili sauces to find the ones you like.

Soba with Peanut-Citrus Sauce
For the sauce:
½ cup well-stirred natural peanut butter, such as Adams 100% Natural Creamy
1 ½ tsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp. pressed garlic (about 1 small clove)
½ cup fresh lime juice
½ tsp. sriracha or a similar hot sauce, or more to taste
½ tsp. chili garlic sauce or sambal oelek, or more to taste
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. water
For the noodles:
½ to ¾ lb. soba noodles (see note below)
3 red radishes, very thinly sliced with a knife or mandolin
2 small (or 1 large) carrots, very thinly sliced with a knife or mandolin
1 medium baby bok choy, sliced from tip to root into ¼-inch-thick ribbons
Fresh cilantro or basil leaves, for serving

First, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk to blend well. It may look clumpy and funny at first, but keep whisking. It will come together into a smooth, light brown sauce. Taste, and adjust to your liking. Set aside.

Meanwhile, put a large pot of water over high heat, and set a colander in the sink. When the water boils, add the soba noodles, and cook at a gently simmer – they’re fragile, so don’t boil them hard – until they are al dente. They cook pretty fast, so be careful. Do not overcook.

Drain the noodles into the colander in the sink. Then, immediately, wash them in cool water. Turn on the faucet and, using your hands, pick up small handfuls of soba and separate them between your fingers, taking care that each noodle is rinsed. “Washing” the noodles like this is a trick we learned from Tea. It helps to remove any starchy residues and keeps the noodles from clumping. (Plus, it’s kind of fun.)

Shake any excess water from the noodles, and turn them into the bowl of sauce. Using two forks, gently toss until the noodles are evenly coated. Add the radishes, carrots, and baby bok choy, and serve, topped with cilantro leaves and additional hot sauce, if you like.

Note: This quantity of sauce is a bit much for ½ pound soba. That’s how much we used, and we found it a bit too heavily dressed. Brandon worries, though, that this amount of sauce might be a little skimpy for ¾ pound. You might want to try something in the middle - maybe 10 ounces?

Yield: Two servings, plus leftovers  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 pm
Thanks so much!  

Cornelius loh Quatious

uneffected

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:12 am
hmm....If anyone is interested in chinese food especially contemporary ones...feel free to pm me?? um...i prefer not to give instruction and recipes on steamed type foods since the instructions would become very complicated...and i know only few dishes which are made by steaming...plus u need one of those types of steaming utensils... cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:24 pm
If any one knows any good gumbo recipes, please post them or pm me. I love creole and cajun food, but where I live it is not exactly popular.  

thesystemisbroken

"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games