Submit

Will you watch this show?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Thee Hecate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:41 pm
I just got this e-mail from my cousin and I thought that it was so cool that I wanted to share it with all of you....
Dear Friends,

My Hypervelocity Star discoveries will be featured in an episode of "The Universe," airing this Tuesday, December 18th at 9pm on The History Channel.
I'm curious about how I will look. Enjoy the show!
Warren

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: "The Milky Way" premiers next Tuesday, December 18th at 9pm on The History Channel

Dear Warren,
Thank you for your participation with The Universe series. Without you, our program would not be possible. We are excited to announce that the episode entitled "The Milky Way" will premier next Tuesday, December 18th at 9:00pm on The History Channel.

Synopsis of the show:
We used to think that Earth was at the center of the universe, but now we know we're not even at the center of our own galaxy. Countless wonders exist between where earth is situated and the massive black hole at the galactic center of our solar system. Within the Milky Way can be found the debris of old, dying stars fueling the birth of new stars and at the galactic center hypervelocity stars get catapulted clear beyond the Milky Way's outer rim at unimaginable speeds. Come along for a guided tour of 100,000 light-year-wide family of stars and stellar phenomena we call The Milky Way.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Brittany Graham
Producer, Flight 33 Productions

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 pm
I would like to get your impressions on this show.
Thoughts about it before hand and what you think after you have watched it.
I will pass along the comments to my cousin. I'm sure he would like to know what people thought of the show

Thee Hecate

The Name of the Rose
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 pm
That is SO cool! Your cousin is involved in that sort of science... heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:41 pm
Have you posted this in the Science subforum?  

The Name of the Rose
Crew

Thee Hecate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:37 pm
The Name of the Rose
Have you posted this in the Science subforum?

no, I didn't even think to put it in the Science subforum.
I watched the show last night and I was disappointed that they did not have my cousin speak more. Other then that I really found the show to be very interesting and informative. So much has changed since I was learning about this stuff in high school, 20 years ago  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games