Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

newtypephynix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:24 am

I see many, many, many groups of people these days who act on the lyrics of their favorite song. Such as the large fan base for 'Insane Clown Possy' or I.C.P, or even one of like 20 other musical artists.

I wonder just how seriously these artist take their fans sometimes, although I am under the understanding from the group I have become recently acquainted with, the 'Juggalos', That I.C.P is very in touch with its fans, and take them quite seriously...I mean, these people are beating, shooting, hating and ruining each others lives based on musical taste. I am just completely unable to understand. I find a great amount of music today completely distasteful, I prefer music without words.

I am curious to hear from those who do listen to everything a band dictates. I just don't know what causes it. I understand collecting music, but to live by every word is dangerous at times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:33 am
Music is becoming the same as religion. People are using it as an excuse to pick fights.  

Guardian1239

newtypephynix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:35 pm

But that is not so. Religion has existed since the beginnings of the human psyche and is normally something that helps people get through life. We all need an idol in which we can center our faith and wishes upon.

Music has existed for many many thousands of generations but is not at all something that we can use as faith, music is simply something that can pump you up or center your concentration, it is in some ways just a string of sounds that cause fluctuations in your mood.

These bands all seem to be using their fans. I do not honestly think that this I.C.P group would stay and defend their fans if the police raided a concert. They would hole up and wait till their lawyers arrived. As would any person with a high position in life would do. But these fans would jump in the way of a gun for them, kill for them, thinking they would do the same. It is painfully obvious it is a nationwide scam for CD sales.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 pm
Some people are extreme to the point of being insane. It can't be helped.  

Guardian1239

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:17 am
I listen to different kinds of music... But I only listen I don't go about busting a cap in some guys a** coz he looked at me wrong... I don't even like rap so thats unlikely...lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:02 am
I don't think it's the music it's self thats just the straw to break the camels back. I think that it would be that the person is already do to whatever circumstance to do what ever it is that they do but the music sorta pumps them up to the point of doing it. Any ways the good music, the stuff that you really listen to, speaks to you in some way. So artists make music that speaks to the masses.
Hope this helps.  

BluePod

newtypephynix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:25 am

If music is the word that speaks to the masses, why must those words make us with sharp minds nervous to walk down a street alone at night?

why must that word be 'kill'? or 'hate'? or 'rape'?

I listened to eight different and rather popular rock songs today.

kill - 8 times in the same song
hate- 5 times, 3 in one song, 2 in the other
rape - 9 times, one song.

I had asked a friend of mine to just give me three random songs he knew lots of people listened too at the moment. he reffered me to three songs from a rapidly growing craze known as 'H.E.D (PE)' or some version of those letters.

Your right, music moves the masses, coaxes them. But is this the way you want the masses to be moving when you are an adult raising your own children? Is this seriously the way we should be coaxed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:32 pm
I listen to a small variety of music depending on my mood. I mainly like the harder forms of rock, but I also like intense classical, like Beethoven, or the more relaxing Enya.

but no matter what I listen to, it's more the music itself that grabs me, not the vocals (even tho I tend to sing along if I know the lyrics) so I dont end up acting out the part, if you know what I mean. music should be to enhance, not control.  

Calypsophia

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:14 am
1. This should probably be in Intelligent Discussion Threads, or maybe Your Music Station..

2. The responsibility, I believe, lies in raising the child. If a child is raised constantly encouraged to uphold morals and think for themselves, they are much less likely to do stupid stuff because a song said to do it. I'm sure there are cases where that might not make a difference, but the majority of this generation does not think for itself because no one bothered to make them. If you grew up accepting anything you heard and believing it without question (because it's easier than thinking for yourself), it would be only natural to apply that to the music you hear, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 am
If you rape or kill you can't stand in court saying, i did it because of the music. Every body know that. So most people think for them self, they just looking up for a permission to be bad stuff...
I really like a song in Hebrew that called "a child of sugar" and it took me time to realize that it talks about drags. I don't do drugs, but i like the song cuz it sweet, and happy, and it gives me good mode.
There are some song i stop to listen just cuz i really didn't like the words, "when a man loves a women" is one of them, but in general, i can say it takes me time to notice bad words in songs, but if the sound is hurting my ear, i notice it really quick.
I think most people are like me in a way.  

shani26

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff