Reply Non-Gaia Websites Online Gaming & Video Games
World of Warcraft Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_atomichamster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:42 am
Ok, since I'm new I don't know it anyone has posted a topic on the WoW but I am going to do so.

Does anyone else here play the WOW? I used too and right now I am jonesing bad to get back and play it. Damn I need a shot of the WoW. For anyone that does play what class do you prefer? Do you play Alliance or Horde ( the answer better be HORDE)?

I usually play a hunter on the Horde side since I like to solo and I like having a cute wittle pet that runs around with me and kills all that displeases me... muwahahahaha! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:30 am
I played for a while, but stopped cause I'm not a patient person and I have a short attention span. Didn't like paying for it either.
I also made a private server all on my own, but not too many came to play on it.  

freaxy
Crew

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:49 pm
I've got a gnome warrior, a rogue night elf and a baby hunter blood elf. The rogue is on my sweetie's account so I don't play her often. My warrior is my main character ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:32 am
First off, blame hubby for me playing WoW. He is WoW obsessed and got me a copy for my birthday this year.

So far, on three servers...got a Dranei hunter on Argent Dawn, A Blood Elf priestess and Blood Elf rogue on Misha...

And on Malfurion (where I tend to hang out), I have a level 40+ human rogue, a lvl 32 gnome warrior (because my group thought that would be a scream..and the rest of them have gnome mages..) a lvl 20+ Dark Elf druid, a lvl 21 Dwarf hunter (named Washuu because when I rolled her up, her face made me think of a certain mad scientist) A lvl 20 human mage and a lvl 9 human paladin. Got a baby human warrior, but she is currently serving as the bank.

All but the blood elf rogue are women...the male Blood Elf rogue is the running joke in the all otherwise female blood elf guild I am in (it just happened that way).  

Mellissandria

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:36 pm
I'm the kinda that doesn't necessarily get obsessed or addicted to games...I'm more interested in how the game works...hence the server I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:53 pm
Well, I've been saying ugly things about WoW for about a year now.... It's (games like that) never really been my thing. I played city of heros for awhile, and kinda like it though. anyway, The hamster let me create a character on his account the other day (a blood elf warlock chick) and I've been playing her today. And it's not too bad. It's less boring/pointless/irratating when you are playing as opposed to listening to people talking about playing it. cool So, I guess I'll take back some of what I've said about it. i don't see me becoming a rabid WoW junkie though. blaugh  

CosmicHedgehog

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:32 pm
Boy, I wish I could play City of Heroes, but I only have dial-up.

As for WoW... I'm afraid I'm a devotee of Leroy Jenkins.

LEEEEEROY! He's got chicken. He KNOWS when it's time to charge.
He's not dull as dishwater.
So, you probably wouldn't want to team up with me.

Also... I don't, actually, have an account.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:28 pm
I don't play any online games--I have dial-up too.
My friend in VA's husband plays City of Heroes--he has several characters. I'm visiting this weekend & right now he's on his computer running missions with a healer, taking care of groups. I watched for awhile but it's not for me. Seems kind of monotonous to me.

Eirwyn

Mellissandria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:53 am
It can be boring. That is why I play with friends from Atlanta (from the old Terminus Tardis days). Some games, you play because it's good, some games you play to hang out with friends...WoW is one of the latter games.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 pm
Yup. Mostly Alliance, but some Horde.  

Dreamwhisper

11,125 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

iRTsuki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 pm
lvl 70 night elf rogue, scilla my username is aisurutsuki  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm
Ok. I need help.

I have a friend I know plays WoW (my age), and I've heard rumors about it becoming addicting. My 16yo son wants to start playing, and I'm hesitating for several reasons: 1. the cost (he'd have to come up with it on his own), and his grades/school effort haven't been too great: #2; 3. we are a compulsive family and we're almost all "vid-iots." 4. I'm very conservative and really don't like him playing undead, etc. (However, he does play D&D, but the DM doesn't allow anything more than Chaotic Neutral).

Can you give me some pros and cons??

Thanks!!  

MQubed

Mellissandria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:52 am
MQubed
Ok. I need help.

I have a friend I know plays WoW (my age), and I've heard rumors about it becoming addicting. My 16yo son wants to start playing, and I'm hesitating for several reasons: 1. the cost (he'd have to come up with it on his own), and his grades/school effort haven't been too great: #2; 3. we are a compulsive family and we're almost all "vid-iots." 4. I'm very conservative and really don't like him playing undead, etc. (However, he does play D&D, but the DM doesn't allow anything more than Chaotic Neutral).

Can you give me some pros and cons??

Thanks!!

Hmmm...pros to WoW is that you could use it as a nice carrot to make him study (he doesn't get to play unless his grades go up-and has to keep his grades up if he wants to keep playing) Or in this case, if he wants it, he better get his grades up...

Which means...you might want to pay the 15.00 per month (not that expensive)...if only so if his grades go down, you can cut him off. As in uninstall the game and not reinstall til his grades go back up. And raise hell if he tries to install a 10 day trial on you.

As for undead...that's only one race (and the Forsaken tend to be very pugugly imo). The rest of the races are very much living. Might want to point out the 'fun' races (the elven races, the orcs, the gnomes and the ever popular human for instance). Suggest that if he really wants to be entertained while he plays, he could roll up a gnome warrior for instance (and mine is very entertaining, and handy in PVP..no one expects the Torka Inquisition! Sorry...monty python moment). He may just go chaotic neutral if he roleplays...and a lot of times, people don't rp, they just hang out and quest with friends)

Just a few thoughts from the peanut gallery here.

Also, how mature is he? If he is willing to abide by the terms you set (as in he doesn't play if he gets a D for instance), then it might not be a problem. On the other hand, if he whines in his D and D game about not getting the bulk of the treasure....might be better to not install to start with.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:01 pm
My son is 21 years old and is addicted to WOW He sits in his room all night and plays. I won't pay for it anymore, he had a job for a year and just lost it. He hasn't made any effort to look for a new job, So far his money he saved is holding him over, but when it runs out I'm not going to pay for it, it is too expensive to begin with, What a racket!!  

dreamer45209

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:57 pm
I think WoW is something of an adult privelege (not adult in content, it's very juvenile in content, actually, just a luxury in the adult price range.)

If it helps, I'm very liberal and I wouldn't much like my kids playing it unless they were doing VERY well in school.

It's definately a vice, although I wouldn't go so far as to call anything without a chemical content an "addiction." I don't think it would require a 12-step program to get someone to stop playing WoW, for instance.  
Non-Gaia Websites Online Gaming & Video Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff