Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
Healthy Eating?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you eat healthy foods on a daily basis?
  Yes!
  No..
  Poll whore! ^^
View Results

Cyndaria

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:21 pm
So basically I want to start eating a LOT healthier than I have been. I've already cut out soda completely and switched to wheat breads. All because I have a goal of losing about 20-30 pounds.

So I was wondering if any of you knew of any recipes (or a good place to find recipes) for say; breakfast, lunch, dinner? I'm going to be going to the gym as well with a co-worker of mine, but I really don't know how to eat as well as I should. ^^;

Any suggestions would be great! heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:30 am
Get a good vegetarian cook book that introduces you to new ingredients you haven't used before. You'll eat better and you may discover that you like those strange looking green leaves in the produce section!

By the way, you don't have to go vegetarian. You can still add meat to your meals if you so desire. I only suggest the vegetarian cookbook because they tend to include more variety of produce, and eating more fresh produce is one of the best ways to be healthier.

My favorite is The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas. Lots of easy recipes with only 5 ingredients each!  

Kachan36

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:03 am
salad, fresh fruit & veggies yum  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:12 pm
I eat right when I can. usually I'm on a strict budget, and to be honest I don't like most fruits & vegetables, and especially seafood. However, I eat what I need to stay healthy and keep away from the sweet & fatty foods.  

King Robert Silvermyst

GigglyGirl7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:08 pm
eat dark chocolate when you want candy it is actually healthy if you dont compleatly pig out  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:47 pm
Eating healthy is great! Good luck with that. If you want to make sure you're getting all the food groups, go to mypyramid.com (i think ^^; ) and start a food diary...after a while you'll see what you need to improve on! It works great!

Also, the key to losing weight, for me atleast, was all about portion control. Just because you're trying to lose weight, also doesn't mean you have to take out desserts or anything. lol. You just can't eat it as much.

Sorry...^^; You probably already know this! Anywho...if you would like some actual recipes, you might try to find what they have at the food network's website! That would be where I'd check out. I know there are some healthier low fat recipes and such there.

Oh, and really, if you think portion control will be hard, it's really not! You'll be surprised. Hm...and last random thought (sorry) if you go out to eat to a fast food resturaunt or something, see if you can order a kid's meal. That's usual a perfect size!

Okay, okay, I'll stop torturing you with my ramblings! Good luck though! biggrin  

Ivaliny

jamie the rabit queen!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 am
i'm not sure if this is good for losing weight, (because i was already slightly under weight when i started) but it at least makes you feel WAY healthier.
i went vegan, and after about two months, i started feeling extremely healthy, and had more energy, and felt proud of myself. i highly suggest it, i'm not trying to convert you or anything, just trying to help you lose weight.
actually, if you are an omnivore, i'd suggest going vegetarian first.
and i'd also start trying to eat less oil/butter/grease.
and less sugar.
and less soda/sweet drinks.

and if you do decide to go vegan/vegetarian, you should go here. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/food-drink/the-official-vegan-vegetarian-food-thread/t.22559263/  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 pm
here is a trick from tv which is helping me:

whenever you eat, whatever you eat, put in on a plate and sit down to eat it.

that way you never really snack, or eat by the tv or coz you're bored

chew slowly too

things taste better and, amazingly, i really do feel full quicker.

good snacks: celery to dip in hummus
baby carrots
baby dill pickles
quaker rice snack cakes, 90 calories a pack and there's lots of them, all flavors
read ingredients: some things like soup and bread add a lot of corn syrup or sugar and others dont. extra sugars are just empty calories.  

beaulolais

"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games