Welcome to Gaia! ::

Awesome Anime and Manga Guild {Join Now!}

Back to Guilds

This is a place for people to discuss manga and anime, as well as meet people with the same interests! Join Today! 

Tags: Manga, Anime, Friends, Roleplay, Discussion 

Reply Fanfictions
Unknown Change

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like it?
Yes. It's a good story.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No. This sucks like hell.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sort of...
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
It's okay, but it could be improved
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

_oXo_Rose_of_Death_oXo_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:39 am
Title: Unknown Change
Author: Chrissy-chan
Anime: Gakuen Alice
Wednesday, January 2, 2008

After going through so many things as a child, Mikan began to change.
Instead of being bubbly and kind, she became mischievous and cruel.
Then, she came to Alice Academy, where she was reunited with her best friend and made many others.
She became cheerful once again, until… he came.
[I’m not going to summarize the rest of the story. It’ll ruin it.]

Part 1: The Turn For The Worse

Chapter 1: When A Person Walks Out Of Your Life, Another One Walks In

There are many things happening in life that people find unfair. You’re probably thinking that about your life right now. Well, guess what? That’s the way life is. You can’t do anything about it besides react. You can scream, cry, cut, commit suicide, or whatever. But no, that’s not me. I just continued living my life. Hmm… well, now that I think about it, after my life took that turn for the worse, I’ve changed. Big time. Curious? Well then, let me tell you my story from the point my life took the wrong turn right up to this very moment. Go get your popcorn now. Got it? Good. It all started when…

7 years ago….
I was young at the time, 10 years old. Cute, bubbly, talented. I was smart too − too smart for my age, actually, just like my best friend, Hotaru Imai. We were pretty mature, being super smart and all, but in my case, it was only in the way I thought. I acted like such a little kid, really, that my classmates never minded my incredible intelligence. As for Hotaru, well, they didn’t mind hers either, but only because she was scary…

“Date (But) − Hotaru!” I whined to my best friend, stomping my feet. Like I said, I act immature, like a normal kid. A mature person does not go about whining while stomping their feet. “Why do you have to transfer to another school?! Why didn’t you even tell me you were leaving?! Why, Hotaru?! Why?!”

I was upset¬ with her leaving, but I did my best not to cry. She wouldn’t want me crying, I know.

She didn’t answer me. Instead, all she said was, “Sayonara, Mikan,” and then she stepped inside the black limousine that’s taking her to her new school. Once her door was closed, the limo started driving away.

I ran after it, trying to keep up. I wanted to be able to see Hotaru’s face for one last time, so that I could etch it into my memory. Her short, raven hair, her pale skin, her emotionless, amethyst eyes, every single detail; I didn’t want to forget that face. I had this feeling that I wouldn’t be seeing it for years. Even though I had so many pictures of us together, I couldn’t possibly risk it. After all, even just a year is a long time. For me, a year without her would seem like an eternity. Imagine how long a few years would seem like.

I kept running, my eyes not leaving her face, until finally, I couldn’t keep up with it anymore. I dropped down on all fours and was panting heavily out of exhaustion. Unbeknownst to me, the tears I didn’t want to cry suddenly came pouring out. I didn’t notice them until they fell down on the ground. I smiled sadly to myself and wiped away the tears that were still streaking down my face. Hotaru would hit me with her Baka Gun if she hears that I was crying again. Then, she’ll call me a cry baby and an idiot, saying that I should stop crying because I look uglier than I already do. I laughed lightly at that thought, before tears began running down my face again. I sobbed, whispering her name in a cracked voice.

“Here,” someone said. I could tell from the voice that it was a boy. I looked up to see a boy around my age handing me a baby blue handkerchief. I stared at it. Silence. “Well, at least you stopped crying. Are you okay?”

I was finally broken from my trance, and I found myself staring at the boy. Cute. Wait – what?! I cannot believe I just said that! Well, thought, really, but still! I’m supposed to be sad that Hotaru’s gone, not checking out guys! What’s wrong with me?! I’m too young to be doing this! But he truly was cute. Handsome even. That messy-in-a-good-way, raven hair, and those captivating, gentle, aqua blue eyes are such a perfect combination.

Crap. I’m still staring. I flushed a beet red. “You finally noticed then?” he asked, grinning. Jerk! Why did he have to be so close?! Jerk! He had it all planned out! Jerk! He’s one of those people that love attention and everything! Jerk!

I glared at him. “You did that on purpose,” I said, getting up. I brushed off any visible and invisible dirt from my hands, legs, and knees. When I had finished, I noticed he was still there − though standing now – with that annoying grin still on his face. I glared at him again.

“She’s so cute when she’s mad,” I heard. But… he wasn’t moving his lips…. The glare on my face was wiped off and was replaced by a “The ********? What just happened?” face. I looked around to see if there was anyone else around, but saw no one. I turned back to him and asked, feeling stupid, “Did you or did you not say that I’m cute when I’m mad?”

He raised an eyebrow at me and he stopped grinning. “Are you one of them mind-readers?” he asked suspiciously.

“First of all, it’s those, not them. Second of all, no, I’m not a mind reader. At least, not that I know of. Third of all, is that supposed to mean that you were thinking it?” Bingo. He blushed even harder than I did and immediately looked away.

Smiling smugly, I asked him, “Am I supposed to take that as a yes?”

He didn’t answer, making me laugh. He blushed even harder, if it was even possible, at my reaction to his silence. I felt bad for him somewhat and decided to stop teasing him. “By the ways, I’m Mikan. Mikan Sakura. What’s your name?”

He stopped blushing and looked at me again. “Pretty,” he said with that blasted grin on his face, causing me to burst out laughing. I knew what he had meant by that, but you have to admit it still sounded so damn hilarious. He blushed again, realizing how that must have sounded.

“I… I meant,” he stuttered, embarrassed, “I – I’m Keichi Kiryuu.”

“I’m such an idiot!” the same voice said again. It was his voice, I finally noticed, but he wasn’t moving his lips. I scrunched up my nose. Maybe I am a mind-reader.

“You don’t have to hate on my name, you know,” he told me. “I’m not very −.”

“Huh?” I asked him stupidly, blinking my eyes in confusion.

“You were scrunching up your nose,” he pointed out. Oh. That.

“Oh! I wasn’t doing that because I didn’t like your name. I like your name. I have three brothers whose names start with K − another three with T’s – so I’m kind of fond of the letter,” I informed him.

“Oh,” he said. “Good then.” An awkward silence engulfed us.

Crap. I finally noticed how late it was. I’m dead.

“Holy−! It’s late! Oh my gosh, Mom’s going to kill me!” I panicked. “Bye, Kiryuu-san!” I waved him a quick goodbye before dashing off for home. Before I was out of earshot, I heard him yell, “Crap! I’m so dead!” Hehe. Well, at least I’m not alone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Yayz! that's a good fanfic... xd  

katt725
Vice Captain

hiramekiyuri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:40 pm
Wow, good start! You hooked me right into the story. More please? hahah.  
Fanfictions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games