Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
[Suggestions:What would you like to see happen around here] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:27 pm
Okay I have noticed that the guild is slowly dieing, unfortunately. I would like your suggestions on how to keep it going strong. Like would you guys enjoy a Valentines day event? Or something maybe set up around spring break? I just felt like we as crew members have been ignoring you guys slightly and I would like to get in touch. Just post your comments/suggestions here. I plan to keep up with them and reply to them as soon as I can. I promise to become more active and make this a much more fun place for everyone.

P.s. I start back to College on Tuesday. If it takes me a while to reply please either give me a bit more time, or pm me. I wouldn't mind that one bit. I am sorry I have been so neglectful, just between college and work I do not have much time I shall really work on getting this place going again.

~Ash  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:41 am
More threads.

I think I counted eleven [excluding stickies and announcements].  

Drakie Cakie

LilMeady

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:35 am
I think more events would be good. More active mods. That's all I can think of, but I actually just came back to the guild after my vacation. I know I'd personally like to see more activity in the fanworks section.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 pm
LilMeady
I think more events would be good. More active mods. That's all I can think of, but I actually just came back to the guild after my vacation. I know I'd personally like to see more activity in the fanworks section.

Yes, Mods are good. I agree with this post.  

Drakie Cakie

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 pm
~Pretty Pink Depression~
LilMeady

Yes, Mods are good. I agree with this post.

Well there are Mods we are just not as active as we were since we all have school and work.

What kind of activities would you like in the fanworks section?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:17 am
Activity wise... Well, unfortunately most requires participation from other members. However, I was thinking of threads to help writers and artists with blocks. Threads where they can show off their works and possibly get input on them. Threads where writers can throw around plotbunnies. Just little things like that.  

LilMeady

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 pm
That does not sound half bad. I will consult with my fellow mods and see what they say about it.
;D  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:34 pm
OOHOOH.

We should have a beta sub forum. For those of us who would like to request betas.  

Drakie Cakie

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 pm
I am not sure if I can get you a subforum, but if you make a thread in the appropriate forum I will make it a sticky for you, and if it gets enough attention we may go right ahad and make it a Subforum, is that a good enough compromise for you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 pm
I can't tell if that last part was supposed to sound scornful or not.

Perhaps not a subforum, but at least a beta sticky where people could post their beta skills and if they're requesting a beta. For example, if someone is an accredited beta reader, they could post their certificate there for people to see so they knew who could help them. Maybe make a list of betas or something... I donno. I'm just spitballing.

Oh, and I think the rules need to be a little less strict, or a little more... clear. It seems in every thread I go to, they're like 'I'M SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM I'LL DELETE IT IF IT IS'. I think they're afraid of making posts because they don't want to put it in the wrong forum and get busted for it. I don't think the forum rules are clear enough, else this wouldn't be happening.

Drakie Cakie

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 pm
I was not going for scornful, I was just curious.
I usually write these things when I am half asleep so I may not come off as being all there or happy, sorry about that.
Anyways back to the subject at hand.
Make the threads you would like in the appropriate forum Possibly the FanFiction one? I can not remember if this guild has one or not, and just make them look how you wish and I will sticky them when you tell me they are ready. I would be happy to help.

As for the rules, in the next lets say week or so I will go through all the subforums and check out the rules, and change the wording where necessary.
Many people are young that visit here and may not be able to grasp what we are trying to convey so I will definitely check that out. Thanks for giving me the heads up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:49 pm
Well, I went through the rules and I really couldn't find anything that could possibly be confusing. Each state the guild rules, then Sub-forum specific rules. I read all the rules and I personally do not see anything wrong with them. If you would give me your own opinions on what needs to be changed about them I will try to take that into consideration. Some people just do not want to upset us if they put things in the wrong sub-forum, and most likely just have not read the rules for the specific sub-foum, I'd wager a guess that's what it is, more than the rules being less understandable.  

Madam Hare

LilMeady

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 am
Truthfully, I'm not seeing a problem with the rules either. This guild is anything BUT strict.

Also, I second the idea of a beta thread stickied in the fanfiction area. However, I would not go so far as to posting certificates. More like references to either the work they have personally written or works they have betaed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:24 pm

There's a fan fiction sticky, but not a beta one. I don't know what's so bad about posting your certification.

Drakie Cakie

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:19 am
Well I am going to leave this one up to you two to hash this out...
I don't write therefore I can not judge.
Just pm me when you guys make the thread so I can sticky it, okay?
I would like you to both work together please.
I know you both have some great ideas. I will just review it before I sticky it.
Anyways I believe it is time for me to get some sleep.
Good night.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces