Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
RAMBO

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:19 pm
Okay so what's the verdict? well so far...I mean is the man too old...outplayed? The movie as a whole looks pretty good...I mean he doesn't look old-old...I should be interesting...what's your verdict? will you go watch it...I would at least do matinee!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:09 am
He is a bit old, yeah. But I don't know, he still seems in good shape.

But I do like how it went for spearing a hog to bursting a guy with a mounted machine gun in four movies.  

Marcus McFlufferson

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:39 pm
do we need another rambo movie??  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 pm
oh my stars and garters Rambo Rocked! blood and guts were everywhere. it was actually a very nice action movie and sly stalone fit the role perfect. i had my doubts, i didnt see rocky, i didnt want to see this movie until my roommate said rocky or meet the spartans and i chose rocky. i am so glad that i did! it was what i wanted to see in a rambo movie.  

rocksteadyandbebop

greenamethyst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:14 pm
heart Still love Sly Stallone, old or not, he rocks!!! Always great in action flicks!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
cool First Bloods my fav of the original RAMBO flicks, can't wait to see this new one!  

greenamethyst

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:31 am
I watched it.

And it is really well done. I like it.

I read a magazine interview with Stallone about the movie, and he seems to have really put a lot of thought into the movie. He says about how Burma is an area that lacks media attention because of the way the army generals are handling the place, and that they apparently paid media stations in America to keep quiet.

He also says about how he thinks action movies have come full circle.
They started out kind of small, and worked up and how he ended up fighting hundreds of guys on his own, which he says is rediculous. Then he goes on to say how movies came into big fantasy CGI flicks, and you can't do more than that, and now people are starting to appreciate the smaller action movies again. Like RAMBO.

He also said about the people getting shot, how in a lot of action movies people get shot, and they're dead with a small hole. He said that isn't how it happens, people get shot with these guns and they're only finding pieces of them. Also touching on the realism, he said that about 80% of the stuff in this movie is humanly possible, not the almost super-human antics of slightly older action movies.

He has really made that obvious in the movie, and it is very graphic. Almost to the point of a bit depressing.

But guns, anger, evil men and Rambo kicking a** (and literally tearing throats out). All mixed with modern filming techniques.

I say this is by far the best Rambo movie.
And high up on the action movie list as a whole.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:07 am
I'm going to go see it soon. I promised my boyfriend that if he went to see "Atonement" with me that I'd go to see "Rambo".

Seeing what you guys are saying makes me feel a little less aprehensive.

<3 Thank you  

ShadowsCursed

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:23 am
i loved the intertmingling of the church volunteers and the soldiers. you need them both.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games