Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Project DA History
Photobucket Controversy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has someone posted your images on Photobucket?
  Yes.
  No.
  I don't know. Let me check...
View Results

Shintychou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:17 pm
Hopefully, all of you already know this. However, for those who may not, Photobucket has many users who copy deviants' works and post them on that site- a.k.a. ripping and sometimes art-thievery. Typically, any given deviant can type their name into the search box on Photobucket and find one or more of their works.
If you are interested on more of this topic, you can read more about it here.
If you wish to sign a petition to hopefully stop this DA vs. Photobucket controversy, feel free to sign this petition.

So, have any of you found your images on photobucket?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:54 pm
Mm yes. I've seen a few works by fellow deviants that got posted on Photobucket or another image hosting service...

Though all of my art is (so far) personal, so I fail to see why anybody else'd want to steal it xd  

Z741
Vice Captain

Dark Mage Sabrina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Wow...Thanks I need to go look into this  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:54 pm
Z741
Mm yes. I've seen a few works by fellow deviants that got posted on Photobucket or another image hosting service...

Though all of my art is (so far) personal, so I fail to see why anybody else'd want to steal it xd

Same here, but I just found upload number two. -.-" I wish there was a way to at least send a message to the uploaders.  

Shintychou

xTiffie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:20 pm
I found some of my stuff on photobucket, also on Glitter Graphics and even on Gaia..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:12 pm
xTiffie
I found some of my stuff on photobucket, also on Glitter Graphics and even on Gaia..

It would seem that our "natural copyrights" are completely invalid to this kind of thing.
I wish DA hadn't gotten rid of its right-click-disabler. Although it wouldn't have stopped people from taking screenshots, I think it would have at least slowed-down this current dilemma.  

Shintychou

xTiffie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:25 pm
Shintychou
xTiffie

It would seem that our "natural copyrights" are completely invalid to this kind of thing.
I wish DA hadn't gotten rid of its right-click-disabler. Although it wouldn't have stopped people from taking screenshots, I think it would have at least slowed-down this current dilemma.

Yeh, I agree.
Maybe we should start a petition disabling right clicking..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:51 pm
xTiffie
Shintychou
xTiffie

Yeh, I agree.
Maybe we should start a petition disabling right clicking..

Technically, due to "natural copyrights", we could probably bring those sites straight to court...  

Shintychou

chronos phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Z741

as long as I have the blue prints and sketches to personaly show for on file in my computer, I dont have to worry about theifs. they might copy and post, but dont have the proof of them doing the work.

that is why things should get copywritten befor posting. so you are secure.

It is a personal violation and problem. many people do sketches though, cus they have proof to show for it. ( in there sketch book duh.) but digital art like mine would require proof of file or step by step completion.

Though these digital sketches of mine are for fun, there are a few major ones I have in display.

I agree that Deviant Art should have a lock on the copy and past. to secur art. where you cannot right click on the site. I'm suprised a site like that doesn't have one of those in the first place. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 pm
chronos phantom
Z741

as long as I have the blue prints and sketches to personaly show for on file in my computer, I dont have to worry about theifs. they might copy and post, but dont have the proof of them doing the work.

It is a personal violation and problem. many people do sketches though, cus they have proof to show for it. ( in there sketch book duh.) but digital art like mine would require proof of file or step by step completion.

Though these digital sketches of mine are for fun, there are a few major ones I have in display.

I agree that Deviant Art should have a lock on the copy and past. to secur art. where you cannot right click on the site. I'm suprised a site like that doesn't have one of those in the first place. 3nodding

DA used to have a system that disabled right-clicking, but for some reason took it down.  

Shintychou

Nephillium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:15 pm
Saddly, I already knew about this and have seen quite a few people get their art stolen, but since I didn't know the artist, thus I could say nothing. I'm glad their is a petition, biggrin even signed it, because I want to defend other artists! The worst part is that most images that are stolen go onto that site so it would be hard to find out if your own art was stolen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm
nope. I found nothing on me. I'm too invisible on DA.
But, i did find my friend digiavalon's stuff on there.  

megamishizun

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

s02

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:19 pm
Shintychou
chronos phantom
Z741

DA used to have a system that disabled right-clicking, but for some reason took it down.

it can be usefull to block many thieves but there other way to capture/ steal the picture. they could make the picture embebed in a flash code that would block printscreen, but not video capture... is the same endless battles as against piratary  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:30 pm
D: yea...i just found one on my mareep sketch...is there anyway that i can yell at that person to take it off?  

Kokachu

ShiCent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:59 am
Err..no. I don't really use photobucket or search pictures from there so...
But I'll still sign the petition! :3 None of my works have been ripped off [or so I think it is O:] but, as an artist, I'm still afraid of those art thieves D:  
Project DA History

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff