Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
What is the Greatest War Movie of All Time? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:05 pm
A little topic that my friends and I have always had and never gets solved... I for one think that "Apocalypse Now" was the best war movie I have ever seen... but also "Full Metal Jacket" for me comes a close second... what do you guys think... what is your favorite war movie?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm
mine was 'Jarhead', i could relate to a few things that were going on on such a personal lvl.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 pm
I recall watching "Jarhead" but i dont think i could get into it....
Which is weird because i enjoy Jake Gyllenhaals movies a lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 pm
remeber when the wife sent the video of her and the neighbor? i felt that is so true! this guy i know, his wife/girlfriend broke up w/ him but forunatly it was in a letter. and all he could say over and over was, 'i joined the military for our future!"
it was so sad.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 pm
I remember that part hahaha and they taped it over the movie they were going to watch... but left enough for the titles so everyone still thought it was just the movie.... it was funny for the time i watched it... buuutttt kinda hurt a lot if it happened to yourself or someone you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 pm
yeah, remeber when he peed on himself. ha, i know so many guys that did that. they would hold it for so long that it would all just come out. it wasnt like funny or embarassing you just kept on going.

yeah, there was a lot more of the movie that me and my buds just loved. thats why i have to vote jarhead.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:27 pm
Have you seen "Apocalypse Now" or "Full Metal Jacket"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm
oh hell yeah! ive watched those movies over and over again. ha, but remeber what that one guy said in jarhead, 'That's Vietnam music... can't we get our own music?' after he said that i was hooked.

and black hawk down is another good one.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 pm
See now Black Hawk Down is another i know i have seen...
but i was younger and i just cant remember it all...
I remember that one dude goes deaf from shooting...
and well don't the all go down with the Black Hawk?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm
Oh and if we are talking just scene wise... Omaha Beach in "Saving Private Ryan" had so much realism in it... i was blown away the first time i saw it... from the subtle muffling of the shots underwater and its so calm... to Tom Hanks shell shock... absolutely amazing... good job Steven Spielberg.  

Misfit_the

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:33 pm
oh i forgot about 'saving private ryan'. i agree 100%, now thats a good war movie! rumor has it that some vets went into a panic attack because the intro was so real.
and did you see 'we were soldiers'? i don't remember it because i seen it a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:38 pm
I have seen "We Were Soldiers"... i really cant remember much as well... but then again... i enjoy Mel Gibson as a director more than an actor these days...  

Misfit_the

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm
true that. i will see apacalypto one day. just not right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Its such a powerful movie... it really digs deep to the core of human instinct and emotion... well worth your time... hahaha although i had a drunk guy talking to me about the mayians the entire time and doom to the world and stuff like that... the most intelligent conversation i have had with a drunk person... so i might have to watch it again because i know i missed things.  

Misfit_the

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:53 am
i have to see that movie too.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items