Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
A Question on MC items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ceequel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:24 pm
I just started playing again and i realized that all my MC items have skyrocketed in worth in not a usual pace for MC items. Did something happen in December or November that made old MC items increase so much in value? Also, i see that the prices are starting to level off or decrease slowly, so good time to sell my MC items?

Ex Lunar Scythe: 16k ---> 28k

A lil extra xD chess pieces good investment?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm
I think in December things tend to go up because people are trying to get presents for their friends.

The new marketplace also allows 10 listings instead of just 4, so people are more likely to list at a higher price because it's not taking up 1/4 of their available slots.

Anyone else want to throw out some hypotheses?  

Living Ink
Crew

23skiddoo

7,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:49 pm
I think it's all about the tax.........people have to account for it, so they sell stuff for more than they normally would. The tax was supposed to remove gold, and cause deflation (less gold, it becomes more valuable, so it buys more), but the opposite has happened. Plus, lots of people refuse to use the MP, so they exchange, removing the amount of each item for sale, allowing for easier manipulation of prices. The price gets driven up, and then no one will sell for the old prices when they see their item for sale for a lot more. It's a vicious cycle in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:43 pm
I remember a couple of months ago, when I first joined Gaia, I saved up to get mythrill armor and gift of the goddess (at 10k each). Both items have almost tripled in price. Is this normal or what?  

Britomartis-the-Valiant

roby55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:02 am
hmmm the december MC items has low down prices like

TM is now 15k

frostbite is now 16-18k

snow witch is 12k crying  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers