View Results

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:13 pm
ok so has anybody picked up this great classic besides me or am i the only one. i want to know what you all think? is it great? or is it Crap? let me know!!!!

I love it of course! i love Vampire stories and this if my all time fave next to Blood of the last vampire.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:39 am
I do like Vampire mangas, they're OK. But Vampire Hunter D really isn't my type.

Ehclipse Mint

LunaFoxxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:44 pm
sorry never read it but i love chibi vampire  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:13 pm
i love vampire mangas try vampire knight it's so awesome...  

judenight

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:42 pm
It's on my to get list! i have read the preview, it look's good just need some cash so i can go and get some new manga's.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:33 pm
I haven't had a chance to check out the manga version but I loved both anime/movies of Vampire Hunter D.  

NNYAnime

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:55 am
Yeah, the movie was great (a little graphic sometimes confused I have a soft stomach) but the plot was really interesting. You know, I always wondered if there was a sub version of the movie, because I only ever watched it on VHS and it was dubbed. And I hate dubs. sweatdrop I think I heard somewhere that Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was made only for English (as in the, the lip flaps were fit to English rather than Japanese).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:09 pm
i have no clue on that but i will agree that they were a little bloody. but they are still great movies.  

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Miss Sawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:40 am
Vampire Hunter D is awesome. <3
When I saw the manga I instantly bought it xd
I like how it actually is, as you said, a classic. Not a vamp-romance-idk (I don't like them, sorry) and I think the style is kind of unique.
..What annoys me is the simple fact that it takes like 6months until the next volume is being published.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 pm
yeah and since i posted last in her vols 2-5 are out now and i haven't had a chance to buy them crying  

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Godess_Nyx1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 am
i haven't read vampire hunter yet sad but i really want to! xd i love vampire manga and books. a really good manga is Vampire Knight! i'm reading it right now and it's Awsome!! another manga i've heard is good is Vampire Game. i've only read the first one so i can't really say how good it is but from what i did read it seemed like it'd be really good. it has a interesting plot. smile

does anyone know any other good vampire manga's? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 pm
Well, I found 1 thats kinda interesting. Called Black Rose Alice.  

Darknight Silver

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Killer War Face

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 am
I watched both the Vampire Hunter D movies, Which I really liked the story. I read the first volume of Vampire Hunter D book, It was ok kinda of kiddie for me. As soon the manga version of it came out I was tempted to buy it, but afraid they are not going to finish it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 am
I am not sure that current vampire fans will appreciate Vampire Hunter D. I like the books better to be honest but yes, I was thrilled when I saw it was going to be a manga. The one recent movie was perfect and they should make more of it. heart  

Qi-Yue

Dapper Hunter

5,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:20 pm
from what i have read on the dark horse site they plan to make the manga to the end of the series, but saying this several other manga companies have said this and it turns out false so for now I'm going to say full run but who knows for sure?!

another good vamp manga in my op, vampire doll, and vampire princess miyu.... both are on the lighter side of vampire mangas but both have a good story to me.  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff