Some of each
View Results

Uncle Jeff

Quotable Citizen

27,050 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:56 pm
On Jan 31, Gaia restored gold to Word Bump and reactivated the university exchange at Wesley's. Predictably, now-exchangeable bachelor credits have soared. Also predictably, newly minted caps and gowns are pushing down their market prices.

What's bizarre is that instead of reaching an equilibrium based on arbitraging the official exchange rates (100BC = cap, 300BC = gown), the markets have passed one another, and by a huge amount.

As of today, BC's appear to be trading at 11 (which is probably a trailing three-day moving average, which probably means that the market is even higher than that). The lowest buy-now in the entire market is 8.5 in bulk.

At the same time, caps are offered at 115, and gowns at 540. These translate into 1.15g/BC and 1.8g/BC respectively. I wish I could buy caps and gowns to convert into credits to sell!

What's going on here? Are people paying 8.5 - 11g per credit only to turn around and convert them into caps and gowns priced as if credits were less than 2g? I now regret that I converted a few of my credits before this market imbalance, but I am glad that, seeing exchanges were irreversible, I held most of my BCs in reserve.

So... Will credits come down in line with caps and gowns, or will caps and gowns recover in line with the market for BCs? I'll be doing my part by selling BCs. If anyone wants a cap & gown, they're now just a fraction of recent prices, so you can do your part by soaking up a set.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 pm
credits and eaxchange tend to be different fishing items typically included thing is to get each seperate isto play the game to buy the item is easy so fewer people making credits but many more using them . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

shani26

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:04 pm
Thanks for the tip i just went to sell my credit before the price will go down.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games