Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
i'm on a long road...and need a little help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ragnius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 am
okay guys this one's about the girl i like (yes again)

but thsit ime, there's not really any problem admitting, or convincing her how much i like her as before

this one's actually pretty simple compared to those other two

the problem:
The girl i like seems to like me in much a similar way, but she's got no desire to even walk near the "road of marriage" (or rather, to marry anyone)

but i had a tlak with my Lord and Savoir, and he told me:

"she'll marry the one man she sees has earned her heart, and anyone may be that man"

so i need advice on this:

i wanna convicne her i like her enough to be that guy, she beleive in "equivalent exchange", so this makes that a hard msison...but one well worth it

so i need ideas on how to "treat" her

as for movies we've made palns to go see Jumper, but havent finalized them - she has to check out her schoolwork first
but altogether thats about it, and yes i'm treating there

so just gimme some ideas on how to show her i care enough to win her over  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 am
If a person feels that someone has to buy her heart/love whatever it is from her it doesn't seem right... You say she believes in equivalent exchange meaning she already knows what her heart/love or whatever is worth... Love is not an object but a feeling and you cannot make an equivalent exchange with a feeling... And if her heart/love is for the taking by anyone this may mean she could be taken from you at any given chance... Think carefully before you decide to go about trying to make an equivalent exchange using material matter and ask her why your love/heart is not enough... If she replys with... I love you more than you could ever love me... Then well materail objects might be all she is interested in... Try the whole spending time... Knowing each other... And stuff like that instead of using a more simple way...

I went on a bit there... Hope it make some sense...  

kyoshiro2

Ragnius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 am
equivalent exchange is used to show the fact she'll only give in to soem one wo really wants her, and as for going for soem one else,

the possibility is there, but i have a good feeling she wont, she's not the kinda girl to date or stuff like that thus why you've gotta give her "equivalnece" as her eyes see it

it's like this

she may like me more than she does any other guy, i've even seen her be happy to see JUST ME otuta of anyone she could see or be looking for...

as for Equivalent exchange....
she doesnt know how much she thinks she's worth she only knows when she'll be ready to give in to a guy, and she ahs to see him try to earn her

as for "earn",
she doesnt date, nor is she fond of relationships, but she has said it before
"it only takes the right amount of convincing for anyone to change or be changed"

so i know she is able to be "won over", but it's getting there i need ideas on  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:39 pm
be what she needs you to be. if she needs a friend, you be that friend. if she needs a shoulder to cry on, you be that shoulder. is she needs a boyfriend (no matter if she wont say it), you be that boyfriend. if you just show her that youll go at her pace, then i dont see why or how she could ignore that kind of affection. if you show her that youde do anything just to be with her, she wont know what to do. talk to her. be her best friend. and go at her pace...

(i found alot of this in a book and i agreed, so i remembered it. and i needed it! sweatdrop )  

DvnT

Ragnius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:03 pm
Sounds good D,

but even going at her pace, i can still do anything for her,

and i mean this as in this point

if i truely want this girl, i should be prepared for anything she should ask of me, which means i'd have to be ready to do anything for ehr seeing as you can never predict a girl's request

but, i think she's timid about relationships because of a scare in her past when she was ababy, but i know how i can try to help with that, so i'll know more once i talk to her again  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:41 pm
Sometimes it just takes time. You might try to just be a friend to her. Sometimes simple friendship will take you farther that dating can. Just be there when she needs you care for her. show her she means more to you than just a girlfriend by how you act and what you do. develop that friendship and it can be more that just a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship. Thats what works for me. Thats how my parents did it and they just celebrated their 25th anniversary. It works.
Benjamin  

Card_King1

shani26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:38 am
If you want advise on how to surprise your girl friend you should ask her some question or ask her friends:
1. what your favorite movie, or what movie you haven't watched but really want to watch?
then buy her the DVD of the movie or rent her the movie or invite her to see the movie with you in the theater.
2. Do you like flower?
if the answer is yes. ask her:
What your favorite kind?
then buy her flower in the shop, or pick them up in a yard.
3. Do you like chocolate?
if the answer is yes. ask her:
What your favorite kind?
buy her chocolate, in candy store, this way you can find something with a hurt or a red rap.
The important thing is give the girl you like something that not only say, "I love you", but also said "i like you for who you really are."

Ohh just remembered the best present i got from a boyfriend is an ipod. He gave me this cuz he saw i need one to listen on my way to work and he had to many of those gadget.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:46 am
shani26

Ohh just remembered the best present i got from a boyfriend is an ipod. He gave me this cuz he saw i need one to listen on my way to work and he had to many of those gadget.

okay, i like most of what shani26 had to say, but this(^) is just sounding materialistic. no offence shani, but it does sound greedy. but you do have alot of good advise.  

DvnT

Ragnius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:49 am
shani's got good v-day advice,

but as for amterial, this girl can get whatever she wnats by saying "Mom/Dad i want ((name of object))" and Boom, she's got it

it's favors that i know i have to offer her that will convince her how much i actually care for her

but, the whole issue here is girls go for guys who do favors without having to be asked, i could get her soemthing star-warsy but idont know what all she has already  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:06 am
I am not greedy, i could just buy Ipod if i wanted to, but if someone has something he dose not use, it is better to give it to someone else. The environment will thank me one day, not only for the ipod, but for buying cloth from second hand store, and doing stuff from old news papers.
Every one likes to get presents the best present is the one we did not expect to get.
i had another poor boyfriend and we lived together for 3 years. i was working in a books store, near the hose, and he would come to the book store to pick me up from work, and go out. I really like it cuz I could show my boyfriend off to my co workers.
Does this girl like guys who are gentleman? mybe she just looking for someone who opens the door, and stuff like that (i really hate this stuff, but some girls feel good when you do that).  

shani26

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff