Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
help, im hopeless in romance situations!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:47 am
okay, my friends decided i needed a boyfriend, so they found this nice guy named brian. he has nothing going for him: no good looks, no personality, nothing. and hes really nice but i dont like him. he sent me 3 carnations, a sucker, and a homemade valentine for v-day. and i dont know what to do. i had my friends tell him that i dont like him, but he still does that stuff, and they tell him anything he wants to know about me. and now im confuzed and no one really gets that i dont like him they all keep encouraging him and AAAHHHRRRG!!!! im lost!!

truely i am hopeless....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:26 am
As long as you anocet saying you don't want to meat him, or be his girlfriend i think there is not any harm enjoying getting presents. I wish i had this secret admire who would send me free presents!
I like presents heart
I wish i could get piece of this cake... rofl  

shani26

fairywaif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 pm
My first boyfriend (okay, only...) was like that. Very, very nice but he was almost too nice. I mean, really... He tried too hard to please me and I didn't want that. Eventually, I decided it would be in both our best interests to break it off. I just told him very nicely that I liked him but I didn't want to keep dating him. I eventually gave back the bracelet he gave me because what was I going to do with it? (I wasn't a jewelry person anyways.)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 am
fairywaif
My first boyfriend (okay, only...) was like that. Very, very nice but he was almost too nice. I mean, really... He tried too hard to please me and I didn't want that. Eventually, I decided it would be in both our best interests to break it off. I just told him very nicely that I liked him but I didn't want to keep dating him. I eventually gave back the bracelet he gave me because what was I going to do with it? (I wasn't a jewelry person anyways.)

I usally don't give back presents, i keep them as a reminder of the great realationship i had. i only give back present from people i don't want to even remmber, or i just throw them, cuz it is not nice to give back a present an less it is really pricy thing that one can sell.  

shani26

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:16 am
dvn -camilla price-
okay, my friends decided i needed a boyfriend, so they found this nice guy named brian. he has nothing going for him: no good looks, no personality, nothing. and hes really nice but i dont like him. he sent me 3 carnations, a sucker, and a homemade valentine for v-day. and i dont know what to do. i had my friends tell him that i dont like him, but he still does that stuff, and they tell him anything he wants to know about me. and now im confuzed and no one really gets that i dont like him they all keep encouraging him and AAAHHHRRRG!!!! im lost!!

truely i am hopeless....

you need to have a talk with your friends and tell them firmly to stop encouraging him. you have no romantic feelings for him, nice as he is, it's not happening. tell them he's going to end up getting hurt because of them, not you, and to stop before that happens. I understand they're trying to help you, but they cannot will you into liking this guy, and try as they might, they're not helping at all. be nice, but firm.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:32 am
Calypsophia
dvn -camilla price-

truely i am hopeless....

you need to have a talk with your friends and tell them firmly to stop encouraging him. you have no romantic feelings for him, nice as he is, it's not happening. tell them he's going to end up getting hurt because of them, not you, and to stop before that happens. I understand they're trying to help you, but they cannot will you into liking this guy, and try as they might, they're not helping at all. be nice, but firm.

I agree. if they encourage him, either he'll be hurt or you'll be forced into a relationship you don't want to be in. neither is very healthy neutral  

RaeofSun717

fae-steele

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 am
you need to tell the guy yourself, very firmly, that it's not going to happen. that you appreciate the attention, but you're just not feeling it. he'll respect the honesty if he's a decent guy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:43 am
Dear dvn -camilla price-...

You say your friends have told him you don't like him anymore.

Have you?

Maybe if you tell him yourself, then he will understand.

He seems nice.

Breaking it off (when there is really nothing to break off) won't hurt him.

It seems like he is just desperate for love.

Tell him you still want to be friends.

Just not like that.

From,

TashiaGirl

TashiaGirl

Lunar_Sunset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:38 am
u r not hopeless u just havent found the right guy yet. i have never had a real bf cuz i havent found a guy who i rlly think i can commit 2. i know i can commit its just tat i havent found a guy i think actually i want to commit 2. my sis on the other hand has one out with alot of guys but she cant handle commitment so they dont last. u will know who is right 4 u and u only will know no one else. all of my friends say i need 2 get a bf so i can stop thinkin so much about the guy i actually love and everything tat has happened cuz of tat. i wont let them though i have told them tat if they keep tryin 2 pressure me into doin somethin i dont want to tat im just going to have to leave them alone till they figure out tat i need to and can make my own descions and i know wat is right for me. hope tat helps
~osirisgurl

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff