Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Project DA History
How do you feel about the "anime/manga" style? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about the "anime/manga" style?
  I love it.
  I tolerate it.
  I hate it.
  What the heck are you talking about?
View Results

Shintychou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm
The anime/manga style seems to be very popular, especially amongst newer artists. How do you feel about it?
NOTE:: Not just cartoon-styles in general; the Japanese comic style.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:54 pm
I actually like it, athough there are lots of other styles I actually like more. Becuase of it's very large range of styles within anime/manga it's kinda hard to really love it as a whole since it varies in quality.  

VeTack

Beloved Lunatic

Dark Mage Sabrina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 am
I like it but lack the ability to draw it for myself.
I can only draw highly realistic animals. Yes I'm lame.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 am
Anime/manga style is an interesting style, and I like it a lot although I am not good at it myself sweatdrop  

Bai Hikari Tsubasa

Z741
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:07 pm
I see it as an acceptable alternative for those of us not as skilled with drawing "real" figures - y'know, drawing faces as they would look in real life ^^;;

I've given it a try myself, though something seems off xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am
...I tolerate it, but it's not my favorite style confused  

Black Jenny Rackham

Ukime Hakai Onmyoji

4,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm
Anime is my Forte' but i like to branch out into other styles, then mix 'em up! ^_^ Like giving an anime charecter a realistic nose and mouth (especially women) then giving them seductive Occultist-anime eyes. Give them the Bishojo-style bodies (More leg then torso but still very elegent) and a creepy backround that loos like either all shadows, a little realistic, or even a warped image to create a sence of "Other-worldly-ness" ^^;;

So, all in all, Anime is good in mesured portions, but mix it up and it'll last a lot longer!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:32 pm
I like anime/manga, it's my "root" style if you will. I've grown a lot in my art since then but you can definitely still see the dominant curvy lines and exaggerated eyes in most of my art. It's okay to start with, but since it is so wide-spread and is an established style, it's a bit of a hole for an artist. You need to be able to branch out and make your own way.  

oO Starling Oo
Vice Captain

Fafiq

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:38 am
I think you should talk about manga since anime is more movie style (or maybe someone is making movies in this style). For me manga is something not great and awesome. I know that manga is one of the easiest styles of drawing, me myself also drew sth like this some time ago and i thought it was really cool. But in fact almost everyone who know the basics of drawing can draw something in manga style. For me it's something i tolerate, not love (although im a fan of many manga comics and anime series)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 pm
Fafiq
I think you should talk about manga since anime is more movie style (or maybe someone is making movies in this style). For me manga is something not great and awesome. I know that manga is one of the easiest styles of drawing, me myself also drew sth like this some time ago and i thought it was really cool. But in fact almost everyone who know the basics of drawing can draw something in manga style. For me it's something i tolerate, not love (although im a fan of many manga comics and anime series)

I've referred to it as the "anime/manga" stlye because there are many people (many of whom draw in this style) who haven't even heard of manga, much less grasped the concept that the cartoon style originated from the morning-news in Japan. I enjoy some of the more elaborate, detailed, and mostly anatomically-correct styles of manga, but it has gotten on my nerves how many people today believe it to be the only "good" art form, especially when the repetitive enormous square eyes, pencil-limbs, gravity-defying hair, and joint-less bodies plague the majority of art drawn today.  

Shintychou

Kitty-Cato

Unholy Dabbler

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 am
Anime/Manga is my main style so I'll no doubt be biased in my opinion. I love the style and the it's results when people apply themselves to it. I don't think it requires any more or less skill when compared to other forms of art style such as realism ect, but I can understand people's negativity towards it. Even I'm not too fond or even tolerant towards some of the.. sub genres of anime/manga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:26 pm
YOU'RE EITHER GOOD OR BAD
I REGRET LEARNING ANIME BEFORE I LEARNED TO DRAW.

fiveamtuesday

Dapper Dabbler

6,975 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100

Shintychou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 am
Mais Dare
YOU'RE EITHER GOOD OR BAD
I REGRET LEARNING ANIME BEFORE I LEARNED TO DRAW.

0.0 Your art is seriously amazing. I'm watching your DA now.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:42 am
Love it!..
my main style...
not really good at it...
period...
3nodding heart sweatdrop

xVALENTINEo

Strawberry Slice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:36 am
I hate it. It's okay if they have their own little style that is semi-anime or manga, but it just doesn't do it for me.
Anyone can draw anime.  
Project DA History

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces