If there's another thread like this, it hasn't been touched in a long time, so perhaps it's time for a new one, anyway.

I've noticed that we seem to have a lot of glum topics out there, so I thought you fellow guild members might enjoy a new, positive topic.

Share your fun animal stories! They can be about your pets, wild animals, other people's animals, anything you've found interesting.

One story from me:

Several years ago, my family and I used to live in Dubuque, Iowa. I wouldn't recommend that city to anyone except summer stormchasers, but the wild birds that lived around our 6 acre property were amazing. We made a small feeder section about 3 acres down, by our barn, and we could literally stand about four feet from the feeder (if you stood still enough) and watch the birds come in for food. They didn't really know people well, so they didn't see us as much of a threat. I liked the brown-headed cowbirds, because the males make an awesome noise to show off during mating season that sounds like a loud drop of water plunking into a pool...but my favorite bird there was Roger. He was a large, male red-bellied woodpecker, probably about a foot long. I called him Roger after Mr. Rogers, because he was so nice to the other birds. Whenever he arrived, he stood on another tree and called out a few times so they knew he was coming. He didn't head to the feeder until all the other birds left. Roger never bullied or chased anyone, and it was incredible to watch him land on the tree and give me a good look-over before deciding it was okay to eat.

We also had a bald eagle that would occasionally fly over our house, but that was because we were within a few miles of the Mississippi River. He or she wasn't interested in our land so much as what was beyond it. xD

Bring on the stories!