relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
if you have neices/nephews/bro/sis/kids about 7-12ish read

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think these figures that access an online world are a smart idea ?
  yes, since you also have something physical to display as a collection
  no, they're too simple in design
  i don't care give me gold
View Results

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:15 pm
you may or may not have seen a commercial for this before . . . U.B. Funkeys the "starter kit" is 22 bucks (a bit steep) but it does include 2 figures and each additional figure is 5 bucks (not to bad) . . .

the figures are "keys" to an online game each figure gets different items, games, rewards, etc.

they put a lot of detail into the storyline . . . so kids like my niece could easily get wrapped up in it . . .

there's 50+ different ones so far since the release of series 2 . . . but the website's list apparently hasn't been updated . . .

here's the page that gives a quick explanation of the start up on the right of the page is the explanation of the "world"

http://www.ubfunkeys.com/getting-started.aspx

here's the list of series 1 "figures"

http://www.ubfunkeys.com/character-bios.aspx

soon as i come up with some spare cash i'm going to get the startup kit for my niece . . . probly when i get my income tax check . . .

anyhow thought i'd tell everyone in case they were looking for a gift for someone in that age range or were going to be looking soon cause of a birthday or something coming up . . .

just so you know those prices were from walmart . . .

here's the pics of the series 2 (funkiki island) since the website hasn't loaded these pics up yet . . . i do not know which of these are the normal, rare, and very rare ones . . .

flurry

User Image

sol

User Image

nibble

User Image

webley

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:36 pm
My cousins are 9 and 11 years old and they have over 2 dozens of the Funkeys. They love them.  

lazy bonz

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 pm
for some reason noone i've talked to here has heard of them . . . yet i've been in 2 walmarts and a target they had plenty of starters but the hangers for the singles were empty except for the ones that came with the starters . . . so it's apparently popular . . . yet somehow noone i know has heard of them . . . i want the blue flurry and white stitch . . . i just like it for some reason . . . i'd probly go over to my nieces with it just to see how it all works although before that i'd make sure she had the lotus and twinx (one of which would be with the starter kit) . . . the concept has caught way too much of my attention . . . although it wasn't designed to catch the attention of adults, from reviews i've read it's managed to do just that . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 am
hm
i have cousins and a brother who are between 7-12
i never heard of these b4
i have like a billion of them
im Mexican!
haha
we reproduce quikly  

The_Girl_Kiba

kAthEL_15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 am
bump eek  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 pm
Never heard of them until this moment. You've made me curious. Maybe my younger cousins are into this stuff. . .  

justamat

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff