Reply ®
can anyone help me get a guild?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashkahh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:14 pm
hey is anyone willing to give me a guild they dont wish to have cuz i dont have the money to get one  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 pm
a guild costs 20k to buy new . . . 2k i think per subforum you wish to add . . . and then there's the pain of recruiting . . .

i've never seen someone give up a guild for under 15k . . . except i don't know about engi . . . she was second in command so long it may have been a mutual friend thing as to how it ended up with her . . . but there was a disput since someone wanted to buy it . . . anyhow that's beside the point . . .

you work to buy a guild once you have it yo work to make it into something . . . buying and running a guild is the hardest thing to do on gaia . . . if you can't even get the funds you shouldn't try . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Some suggestions: 1) Try looking around for old guilds that have few members and/or have had pretty much no activity in a long time and PM the owner asking about if they'd be willing to make a deal with you 2) Look around at those threads people make about quitting Gaia for whatever their reasons are that pop up often and see if any of them own guilds in case they had planned to just abandon it 3) Try saving up and/or playing the market/exchange/games/whatever else and find a thread for somebody selling a guild in the exchange because you can typically haggle with them to get a guild for much less than 20k (though some with things like a lot of subforums or a high guild rank may want to charge more) 4) Get a partner or two to go in on the deal with and split the bill between - you could either have one of you captain and the other(s) vice captain(s) or one single mule account you share running to be captain (though this means you'd have to be careful you get trust worthy people who won't try to pull any fast ones and usurp the thing) 5) Maybe for a while as you save up you could try renting a subforum here in reality to use for the time being, it isn't a whole guild, but it works fairly similarly except that you can't have subforums of a subforum or your own moderators, plus it would give you some experience with what it is like running a guild if you haven't done so before so that when you do run a guild you will be better at it 6) If you insist on begging for funds or a guild itself, try a subforum of Reality that allows begging or the charity/quests forum of the main Gaia exchange, because just plain begging for Gaia stuff (avatar items, gold, game items, guilds, etc . . . ) if that is what you plan to do is against the rules of the main forum of Reality.

But Razin has good points too seriously. Guilds take work, if you aren't willing to put the work enough in even to buy the place it is unlikely you will have success in running and keeping alive your guild.

(As for Reality, that's not exactly how it went Razin, kind of sort of, but with some key differences, but true that is aside from the point, plus it is a long story.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 pm
yeah i know the reality thing is way off . . . it's much more complicated . . . i know a bit more it just got so confusing . . . i forgot most everything i was informed of . . . i should have deleted that part . . . i dunno why i didn't . . . but i posted what i posted . . . so i guess i have to standby it . . . since at the moment it was my thoughts they may change in a matter of seconds but it's a representation of that moment in time . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Radimir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:51 pm
exactly how much gold do you have? because i have many guilds for sale. I'm about to open up a shop in the MP subforum  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games