Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Tenacious D???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Du Freohr Skulblaka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 am
Okay, poeple who like funny movies gather!

Please tell me what you think of this movie. I'm getting it for my birthday (Monday).

I personally love Jack Black's Music and Movies.

Is this movie worth watching?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 pm
I assume you mean The Pick of Destiny? I liked it. Maybe not the greatest Tenacious D thing ever, but it was good. You have to be a fan of Jack Black to like it, though.

I have a funny story about that movie. Before it was out, I was in a theatre waiting for a movie to start, and they were showing trailers. This guy sitting behind me kept making rude comments about how stupid all the movies were. The trailer for The Pick of Destiny came on and after it he said, "that looks retarded" and without even thinking, I retorted, "You look retarded." I didn't necessarily direct it at him because I didn't turn around or anything, but he shut up after that, and my friends had to stifle their laughter.

Strange Kiddo

Speedira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 pm
I liked it and thought it was pretty good.
My friend made me watch it,hence why I know it xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:07 pm
Strange-1 Cosplays
I assume you mean The Pick of Destiny? I liked it. Maybe not the greatest Tenacious D thing ever, but it was good. You have to be a fan of Jack Black to like it, though.

I have a funny story about that movie. Before it was out, I was in a theatre waiting for a movie to start, and they were showing trailers. This guy sitting behind me kept making rude comments about how stupid all the movies were. The trailer for The Pick of Destiny came on and after it he said, "that looks retarded" and without even thinking, I retorted, "You look retarded." I didn't necessarily direct it at him because I didn't turn around or anything, but he shut up after that, and my friends had to stifle their laughter.

That's a funny story! rofl  

talilly

5,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:26 pm
Yeah, that's a pretty funny story, but the guy was right. It's a pretty mindless movie. I, personally, did not like it. But that's probably because I'm a big fan of musicals, and I just didn't like how this one was done. That, and as much as I want to like Jack Black, I just can't after Nacho Libre.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:31 pm
Some parts were funny, couldn't finish the whole film, got bored with it. Not one of Jack's best in my opinion! Sorry! crying  

greenamethyst

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:26 am
talilly
Strange-1 Cosplays

That's a funny story! rofl

Thanks. =P  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 am
RedWhiteBlack
Yeah, that's a pretty funny story, but the guy was right. It's a pretty mindless movie. I, personally, did not like it. But that's probably because I'm a big fan of musicals, and I just didn't like how this one was done. That, and as much as I want to like Jack Black, I just can't after Nacho Libre.

Thanks. hehe.

Musical? I didn't think of it that way.

Pick of Destiny came out before Nacho Libre.

It's supposed to be a mindless movie. Like I said, you'd have to like Tenacious D (and probably have seen their old TV show) to get the movie. It's like an inside joke, in a way, where if you get that kind of humour... you get it. If you don't... you just can't.

By the way, I thought Nacho Libre was hilarious, but I knew most people would hate it. I love weird humour like that. "GET THAT CORN OUT OF MY FACE!"

Strange Kiddo

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:47 pm
Strange-1 Cosplays
RedWhiteBlack

Thanks. hehe.

It's supposed to be a mindless movie. Like I said, you'd have to like Tenacious D (and probably have seen their old TV show) to get the movie. It's like an inside joke, in a way, where if you get that kind of humour... you get it. If you don't... you just can't.

By the way, I thought Nacho Libre was hilarious, but I knew most people would hate it. I love weird humour like that. "GET THAT CORN OUT OF MY FACE!"

I know Nacho Libre came after Pick of Destiny, I just didn't see Nacho Libre till after Pick of Destiny. The joy of living in a small town *sigh*

I consider any movie with music highly integrated into it to be a "musical", as does most of the movie industry. But I respect your opinion to not think like that.

That, and this may sound like I'm totally sheltered and stuff, but I found the music to be kind of unique, but the obtuse swearing just totally killed it for me. But, that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:11 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Strange-1 Cosplays

Thanks. hehe.

I know Nacho Libre came after Pick of Destiny, I just didn't see Nacho Libre till after Pick of Destiny. The joy of living in a small town *sigh*

I consider any movie with music highly integrated into it to be a "musical", as does most of the movie industry. But I respect your opinion to not think like that.

That, and this may sound like I'm totally sheltered and stuff, but I found the music to be kind of unique, but the obtuse swearing just totally killed it for me. But, that's just my opinion.

I do see your point.

Well yeah, I can see how it would be thought of as a musical... it just surprised me to hear it called that because I didn't think of it. haha.

I don't like swearing either, honestly. I've never cursed. But I understand that that is a big part of Tenacious D. They have always been like that. That's kind of why I said you'd have to like the band (and show) to like the movie.

Strange Kiddo

Du Freohr Skulblaka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:35 pm
Sooooo....

A good bad movie? Or a Bad Good movie?

Anyway, I've heard their songs and it's my birthday tomorrow so if you have anything to say, pm me, but other than that I wont check this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 am
i liked it alot. it's a great movie to quote the songs... they'll get stuck in your head easily!  

Lachie

- Bittersweet Seduction -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 am
The song's are frikkin awesome! xd
I'd always go to you tube just to watch the videos.

"I'm the devil I can do what I want!" twisted
rofl rofl rofl

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces