Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:09 am
Infringement of Freedom of Speech, much?

Wow.

They can do that?

I almost feel like going there and cussing my head off. Apparently they´re not allowed to cart you off to jail or sue you or anything, which is good... but they can give you the evil eye and try to shake a finger at you. e_e

Eddie Izzard was right: WATCH OUT, CALIFORNIA! You´re supposed to be the crazy state... but soon, there will be no talking and no drinking.

Uh.. yeah..  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:17 am
it's becasue some kid started the no cussing club and got cussing banned in calafornia  

SzayelChan

watermoon11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm
dude its like " ( a new law)new york cant be over crowded and over busy!" thats natural. thats pretty stupid  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 am
Wow! I'm sure this law is for when your in public. In your home or your friends' home you can probably still cuss if you like. I was riding the bus just yesterday and a man started saying such filth that a young mother asked him to stop because she didn't want her young children to hear what he was saying. I was so thankful that she had spoken up. I too. didn't like hearing what filth was pouring out of his mouth, drowning us all in his cesspool of filth & making me afraid of Just sitting there on the bus. I'M GLAD FOR THIS LAW. I believe you should be responsible for what you say and who might be around to hear it. I was hoping the bus driver would tell him to get off the bus. Many other passengers where sorrowfully looking back & shaking their heads. Others were looking for an escape toward the front others were exiting perhaps before their stop and others were digging in and pulling within a shell like a turtle trying not to be seen or become a part of his show. I'm sure most people know when to be considerate but for those who think only of themselves we do need a law so that we have the right to ask an afending person to stop. If they choose not to, then there is a law to support a consequence for the offending behavior.  

Snorkler

7,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Avaerie

Shameless Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 am
OHMYGOD.
I'm spending my summer in California. crying

Bail me out, girls?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 am
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to monitor what every person is saying, so that law seems pretty benign to me lol

Still, I hate hearing it, it may be a infringing the right to speech but what about our right to not have to hear such filth? Either way there will be an unhappy party.  

u nd i

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am
Wow, what bullshit. If i want to curse then by all means i will, if people get offended they can go elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 am
+Anko says:
User ImageThat made me LOL.
I wonder if they're gonna censor everything on TV there next too, considering you can hear s**t, b***h, a** and just about everything except ******** on cable TV.

Anko Habanero

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:44 pm
SzayelChan
it's becasue some kid started the no cussing club and got cussing banned in calafornia

This, but I've lived in cali all my life, I've said every cuss word in the book and I'm not in jail.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 am
i clicked the link but it's been taken down.
However, i agree with the no-cussing law. It's ridiculous how bad people's language is. When i walk down the hallway at school, i just want to turn my mp3 on full blast. It's crazy!!  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 am
User Image

Well people shouldn't talk that way anyway.
I mean I'm guilty of cussing, I'm sure that we all are.
But it's a nasty habit to start, it doesn't make you look cool, cute or smart.

I'm all for the no cussing law.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's free speech since its in America. You can't control what people say if they do oh well tough luck.

A Bloody Band Aid

Ruthless Businesswoman

Sawahxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 pm

I hate swearing. I see no point to it. I mean i have once or twice when I was angry and if you know me it makes most people be like "oh wow.. shes mad" but at the same time. swearing as also now lost all its meaning.

I mean i see teens that call each other "******** face" As there.. "heys" I think its needless... I mean i know people that feel like they need to say the F word ever other word and its like... Are you joking me? and its not even angry conversations either it could be like:

"OMFG I'M SO ******** HAPPY, I GOT THAT ******** CAR I WANTED, DUDE. I GOT THAT ******** CAR! OMFG! I GOT MY ******** BABY! MY ******** PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR ME! HELL YA YOU CAN ******** SEE IT"

The only time it bugs me, is when its out in public. places with families.. Kids and older people too. I mean, I've gone to the restaurant by my high school right after school, and sometimes you see parents in there. with there kids, or possible older people. that are sitting there ENJOYING there coffee's and then you watch a how bunch of loud mouths walk in and they do... just like the explain above. Sure maybe your mad about something. but you should respect the people around you. Its like anything really. I think its silly its been made in to law at that point everyone should just be able to watch what come out of there mouth. && if you can't, then.. listen to a person that ASKS you to please not cruss.

It should be fine if your at.. home. I mean its your house. and if your okay with it. and your roommates or your parents/family are okay with it. then do it there. but... not in public. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 am
I've got a really bad habit of swearing, and hounestly, I'd like to stop. There's just no point in spouting off "********" anymore to me, anyways, and a lot of people don't want to hear it. And, in my opinion, it's a lot more intelligent if you can find some other word to replace it.

So yeah, I'd say if it bothers nobody then it should be allowed, but in the kind of situations mentioned on this page then I guess it's gotten to the point where we need a law so that people mind their tongues.  

Key of Heart

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:54 am
Sawahxo

I hate swearing. I see no point to it. I mean i have once or twice when I was angry and if you know me it makes most people be like "oh wow.. shes mad" but at the same time. swearing as also now lost all its meaning.

I mean i see teens that call each other "******** face" As there.. "heys" I think its needless... I mean i know people that feel like they need to say the F word ever other word and its like... Are you joking me? and its not even angry conversations either it could be like:

"OMFG I'M SO ******** HAPPY, I GOT THAT ******** CAR I WANTED, DUDE. I GOT THAT ******** CAR! OMFG! I GOT MY ******** BABY! MY ******** PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR ME! HELL YA YOU CAN ******** SEE IT"

The only time it bugs me, is when its out in public. places with families.. Kids and older people too. I mean, I've gone to the restaurant by my high school right after school, and sometimes you see parents in there. with there kids, or possible older people. that are sitting there ENJOYING there coffee's and then you watch a how bunch of loud mouths walk in and they do... just like the explain above. Sure maybe your mad about something. but you should respect the people around you. Its like anything really. I think its silly its been made in to law at that point everyone should just be able to watch what come out of there mouth. && if you can't, then.. listen to a person that ASKS you to please not cruss.

It should be fine if your at.. home. I mean its your house. and if your okay with it. and your roommates or your parents/family are okay with it. then do it there. but... not in public. 3nodding

This.
I'm guilty of it on occasion, as a few of you probably know. So it doesn't bother me when it's been toned down to a level. The thing is... It hasn't been, lately. There's just... too much of it. I find it kind of unattractive when a girl or boy is constantly 'damn that effin s**t.'
I mean, if your mad, I get it. Sometimes it just comes out, and maybe it makes you feel better. But every other word in a normal, intelligent conversation? It doesn't sound right, and to me, is a huge turnoff.

That said, I don't know it will help much to flat-out ban it. The most I can say is, yes, you have your freedom of speech, and you can say whatever you like. But if someone asks you to stop, please, at the very least, stop until they can't hear you anymore.

It's your right to say it. It's their right not to want to hear it.
I'm done now. Wow, never been serious for that long...
NOODLES! heart heart heart

08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces