Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
OMG Sweeney Todd Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince EmoChick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:59 pm
Best movie ever......loved it.....johnny Depp rocks that the movie best of all he can sing....

what did u think of the movie  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 pm
I watched it 6 times already whee  

VivaHate616

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Amazing to say the least. It's not an easy musical to pull off.

I think Johnny Depp was involved in music before he pursued his acting career.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:32 pm
I bought it the day after it came out... I've seen it like 6 or 7 times! It's so amazing... Johnny Dep and Helena Bohnam Carter are such a great match.... =]
She got p.g. during the filming..... She's married to the director!  

KumikoSessho

Powered By Ryu 666

Skilled Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:44 pm
He was attracted to music before acting. Wiki it. It's very interesting. ^_^ I love his voice when he sings! It was an awesome movie, one of my favorites!! ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:37 pm
personally, i hated it, but i was sick when i watched it and im very irtolerabele when i'z be sickUser Image  

Possessed_Sam_Fisher

XxSoundless ScreamsxX

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:33 pm
I love this movie!!!!! The blood....the singing....it was just awesome all the way through!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:04 pm
finally saw it yesterday and i LOVED IT!! it was awesome!!  

JaeJae09

Magnetic Fatcat

charliespike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Oh I love johnny depp! And think Burton is a creative GENIUS..good call. Did anyone watch stardust or in the name of the king? loved the creativity in both those movies too (just watched it yesterday)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:26 am
Possessed Sam Fisher
personally, i hated it, but i was sick when i watched it and im very irtolerabele when i'z be sickUser Image

But...It was awesome. emo  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

Terrible_Beauty_Sublime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:21 pm
Id say it was pretty good. I thought the ending couldve been better but still a very good ending.
The blood didnt bother me at all but jebus, I cringed at some of the parts when the bodies crashedonto that cement floor >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 pm
Burton was able to make gore tasteful, the score was compelling, and the slapstick British humor killed me.
I really liked this movie, but I think if you don’t have a slight British understanding, or of the musical for that matter, you’ll miss some nice points.
Burton and Depp have a creepy chemistry that seems to make whatever they do together amazing, Todd is no exception.  

eighiehgudgjd

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm
i wanna see it! crying my mom says she'll buy it for me next week but i still don't wanna wait that long!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:57 pm
User Image
Eugh. I liked how dark it was I guess.. I didn't really like the musical aspect at all and the characters were not as striking as I imagined them to be.

I only liked a few of the gore scenes for the shock value.

Hardly a masterpiece.

Die Scum

Risan07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:26 pm
oh it was a glorious movie, I did not excpect Johnny Depp to sing that well. His acting was brilliant from being a idiot Pirate in "Pirates of the Carribean" to the serious barber in "sweeny Todd"
And Tim Burton really did a nice job with it, he kept the creepy parts just right while adding tons of blood and having a little touch of comedy here and there.
Although I didn't so much like the ending. I knew that he was going to die but what an irony to have the little boy slit his throat while e held his dead wife. And I really didn't understand the whole thing with Johanna. I knew she was like the reason the judge came back to the barber shop but I really did not really see any other relavence with her. Anyway it was just a fabulous movie.

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff