Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Fantasy Film Lovers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

charliespike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:40 pm
Obviously, some people here must love fantasy/adventure flicks. My favorites are naturally all of LOTR series, but as for the recent ones (Stardust, Eragon, The Golden Compass, In the Name of the King) I haven't really caught too many. Any suggestions? (they are my favorite)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 pm
Stardust = Very awesome. Watch it for Robert DeNiro if not for anything else.

Eragon = Please stay far away from it. Every time someone buys the book or watches a movie, a hobbit dies. So, please, think of the hobbits.

The Golden Compass = Again, please stay far away. If you enjoyed the book, you will hate the movie. If you didn't enjoy the book, you will hate the movie.

In the Name of the King = I have not seen this. However, if Rotten Tomatoes has taught us anything, it's that a 2% rating and a consensus of "featuring mostly wooden performances, laughable dialogue, and shoddy production values, In the Name of the King fulfills all expectations of an Uwe Boll film", do not equal a good movie.

Some great fantasy movies include:

Pan's Labyrinth = A Spanish piece of flawless film making. Will spark your imagination.

Sweeney Todd = A musical, technically. But, in all fairness, musicals are created so filmmakers can place their story in a world where outrageous things can happen (like spontaneous singing, unrealistic amounts of blood and gore, things that don't really exist, etc.), just like a fantasy.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Dj Nathiie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 am
Eragon is cool...and it comes from a trilogy (just like LOTR) And it's one of my favorite movies 3nodding
Why don't you wait Narnia Prince Caspian that's gonna come on cinemas at July? I think it's a great movie too since I watched the first Narnie LWW movie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:16 am
Dragon Wars = Garbage.

Stay away from it.  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:46 pm
I admit, I avoided Eragon on the grounds that the book was derivative, stiffly written, and unpleasant to read out loud.

Pan's rocked though.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 am
van helsing rocked but there is also underworld and underworld evoulution 3nodding  

Greganator4000

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff