Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
The Pharos(need help with sidequests-after storyline!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Monsieur Nameless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:55 am
Okay,a few problems.
Problem numero uno:
How do I get more Black Orbs?I need them to light the shrines in...P...Penumbra!That's it!
I had loads before,but...Well,my greed was my downfall(I sold them all for 1 gil each after the storyline Pharos quest for a grand total of 14 gil).When I returned later,I found that monsters no longer dropped them.It's kind of getting on my nerves,hearing monsters,but not seeing them>.>;;

Problem numero dos:
Finding the Seer is proving to be a real problem.It just won't...Appear!Anyone know the exact location of it?Note that I still haven't fully explored Penumbra.I need to find the Seer to unlock the Yiazmat quest.

Problem numero tres:
I need some Orihalcums and some Mallets from Puroboloses and Deidars,but I'm not quite sure where to find them. I need them to make a weapon(the Masamune,I believe).Could do with some help on this,or another way to retrieve the items.

Problem numero quatros:
On...The first 'not-circular' part of the Pharos.It's kind of long,and weaving,still on the First Ascent.The first place you don't find Mistmares,but you do find Chimera Brains.Somewhere along that is a chest,across a gap that should've been filled by the hologram-bricks.I don't know how to get at it.Is it still possible?
This last problem is not really much of a problem-more of a query.I know I didn't explain it very well.Need more explanation,just ask and I'll go play it and see.

Thanks in advance,

Cidolfus Demen Bunansa  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:41 pm
For the black orbs, you need to kill monsters in the lower levels of the pharos (you know, the ones you take the elevator down to get to?) The monsters in the dark rooms drop black orbs.

As for the chest, I don't think you can get it anymore.  

ArikaiHart

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:03 am
ugh... it's been a while since I've done any of that... I'll have a guide to the seer and the masamune materials by tomorrow night... save that I don't have anything that prevents me from running the course through the pharos basements.

and that chest... yeah you can only get it your first time through the room I believe.... can't really remember how though... I remember it being pretty tricky.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:45 am
Thanks for the help!^^  

Monsieur Nameless

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:36 pm
I don't know if this is still relevent, but I seem to remember being able to get the Masamume as a hunt reward (the guy will all the swords and the dog. Can't remember his name at all right now, though. Something about a legendary swordsman?).

I don't remember buying mine at the bazaar, anyways.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games