Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Off Beat Movies.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 am
So I was looking through my movie collection last night and I noticed a really goo movie. It's called Off The Map. I think everyone should see it.

So I was watching it and I was thinking, you know, alot of people probably haven't seen this movie before, let alone heard of it eventhough its so good. Its about this family that lives, off the map, in New Mexico. (No running water, no plumbing, they grow and hunt their own food. ) And this tax attorney comes by because they havent been paying their taxes. So you see the family's interactions with him, you see how the depressed dad deals with all of this. And its all told from the little girls perspective.

And I loved it because of how off beat it was. There was no love story, no epic battle scenes, nothing. Just good acting and an interesting story.

Off The Map (Via IMDB)

So does anyone here watch movies like that? Movies that dont go to theater? Movies that get a ton of awards and are great but no one knows about them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:02 am
You should see my movie collection. I have a ton of cool stuff that most folks seem to have passed by. Not just horror either. All kinds of weird crap.  

Foolkiller

Terrible_Beauty_Sublime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm
It sounds like a really good movie.
I love off beat movies and most of them even though they are goofy have some sort of serious situation going on. Like in Smoke Signals, just such dry humor and off beat jokes but this guy had avoided his abbusive dad is whole life after he left and once his father died he had to try to find a way to accept him and the fact that other people loved his father.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:01 pm
Terrible_Beauty_Sublime
It sounds like a really good movie.
I love off beat movies and most of them even though they are goofy have some sort of serious situation going on. Like in Smoke Signals, just such dry humor and off beat jokes but this guy had avoided his abbusive dad is whole life after he left and once his father died he had to try to find a way to accept him and the fact that other people loved his father.

Omg I remember that movie! I remember how depressing it was whee And them talking about fry bread at one point.

Lord N. Were can I find your list of movies? I'd love to check it out.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Terrible_Beauty_Sublime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:21 pm
Ohyeah I know, I totally want Thomas's frybread power shirt lolz.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games