Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:11 pm
I fully agree with Jade.

I think it would be much more beneficial if the breeding rules were narrowed down and simplified.
Honestly, the way the rules are set up now are way too confusing and complicated.

Keyword: Simplify.

Simplify.
Simplify.
SIMPLIFY.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14 pm
What you've been hit with, Jade, and what Silent posted earlier, are both rules that can and obviously DO restrict people there is no reason whatsoever to restrict.

Meepfur
Silent Spy
I second Meeki's idea.

Also, I will throw in my own concern about a current rule:
- PersonA and PersonB have a pair in a raffle together. PersonA enters and wins.
- PersonA may no longer enter in any more raffles, but may still be entered.
- PersonB, however, can enter or be entered.

I find this situation unfair to PersonA. I don't see why who entered the winning pair matters so much. I think it would be more fair if PersonA could enter or be entered, just like PersonB.
PersonA and PersonB both won the raffle, why would one have more restrictions set than the other? They both won.

I am totally with Silent on this.

It also screws things up if there is a Person C involved. Person A entered with A/B couple and won. Person C won a breeding with someone else, which C posted the entry for. If A and C have a couple, it now cannot be entered, because neither one is allowed to post, despite the fact that each one has a breeding left for the month.

Now, they can find other people to enter with (which I've done, because the other owner in my second couple is sick), but...why? o-o I'd rather keep trying with the established couple than have to throw together a new one if I want to keep trying for a second breeding that month.

We get two breedings a month - let us TRY for those two breedings a month with the couples we want to try with. We shouldn't be put into a position where it's either not try for our second breeding, or put together a different couple with a different person.

And we need some kind of clarification when it comes to co-ownership and forfeiting rights to baskets, and not in the way it's been discussed. I've seen that people forfeit rights via their posts in the raffles themselves, but was brought to my attention during Ameh's that that actually isn't kosher? That it has to be IN a co-ownership agreement, and no matter what's said in the raffle thread, if it's not in a co-ownership agreement, it does count towards you.

End result is that Narcissa's co-owner doesn't want a basket, it is actually my second breeding for the month, but seriously. There is obviously something wrong here - the confusion this month has been RIDICULOUS.

And even if Luci/Narci wasn't my second breeding, and I hadn't been the one to post Justice/Zatarra? I still wouldn't be able to post Ati/Shinzu without screwing up or being screwed up by the couple Felyn has with DFA, because the poor thing's on bedrest, and entering a soq breeding raffle isn't exactly on the list of things to do, y'know?

Meepfur

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:17 pm
Silent Spy
I fully agree with Jade.

I think it would be much more beneficial if the breeding rules were narrowed down and simplified.
Honestly, the way the rules are set up now are way too confusing and complicated.

Simplify.
Simplify.
SIMPLIFY.
The reason for the rule being the way it is is because they did simplify it. By simplifying the rule they made the problem greater.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:18 pm
It's hard enough to land raffle spots as it IS, but to be smacked with restrictions that are completely unwarranted?...come ON.

Granted, I have had extreme raffle luck in comparison to other people, but this doesn't just affect me. This will affect other people down the road, if not in this SAME raffle.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 pm
JadeEye
It's hard enough to land raffle spots as it IS, but to be smacked with restrictions that are completely unwarranted?...come ON.

Granted, I have had extreme raffle luck in comparison to other people, but this doesn't just affect me. This will affect other people down the road, if not in this SAME raffle.
For example, my post at the botom of the previous page. Sky has never gotten a breeding before and has only one soquili she co-owns with me. If I hadnt given up rights, her entry would have been disqualified.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:34 pm
They clarified the current rule, Thamin. The rule itself is the complication, however. Thus, they didn't really simplify anything.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:54 pm
Meeki
If I absolutely want a baby a specific way, I'd probably just custom one through a custom slot. It might be one baby vs two or a chance of three, but at least I'd have that one baby that I was hoping for. When I go into a breeding, I'm really happy with all outcomes. I don't have expectations usually so I never feel disappointed, even with the unedited baby. That baby is still a mix of both parents and that alone is enough to make me squee from the inside out.

I would actually like to ask if it is possible to commission a 'breeding' from two parents and actually have it reflected on the cert. Such as if I snagged a custom slot and then asked for the resulting Soquili to be based off a certain couple. The resulting basket would be their official child but you'd only get one for the slot not two as if it was from a raffled breeding...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 pm
Amirynth
I would actually like to ask if it is possible to commission a 'breeding' from two parents and actually have it reflected on the cert. Such as if I snagged a custom slot and then asked for the resulting Soquili to be based off a certain couple. The resulting basket would be their official child but you'd only get one for the slot not two as if it was from a raffled breeding...

that is possible. re: gypsy king's kids who are all done by separate colorists and owned by dust, cept wind gypsy. <3

re: but still, you have to pay for rare prices, and I'm not sure if you can do it with mutants or hybrids or something because there's no prices for them, yet. x.x I believe you'd pay the full growing price of the parent with the highest rarity, though I might be wrong.  

Ameh

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:40 am
That's actually a pretty good idea, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:55 am
Silent Spy
I fully agree with Jade.

Simplify.
Simplify.
SIMPLIFY.

I know.

The rule about if you enter the winning pair, you can't enter anymore yourself for the month, just screws your partner over big time.

Because of time zone concerns, vacations, school, and life in general. Some people will just miss a lot of breeding raffles, or just don't see them in time (since not all are announced in the news or main thread title).

Here is my idea.

In any given raffle, if you haven't won anything that month.
You can have two pairs in that raffle (up to three of the Soquili owned by you).
One entered by you, one entered by an owner involved with the other breeding.
Should both your pairs win, you are out for the month.
Should the pair you entered win, you should still be able to enter in other raffles, since I believe that it should only apply for the individual raffle, not every raffle that month.

On the issue of co-owners. If someone has given up their breeding rights for that breeding, then the co-owner should be able to enter, without it counting against the person who has no rights. And no rights means no rights, so no getting third baskets.

So in short. You can get two baskets from Soquili you own, in any given month, nothing from breedings you have given up your rights to, and as many as people want to gift to you (so long as you were not a co-owner, or had any rights or say in the gifted breedings).

*Hopes that makes some sense*  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:09 am
Ameh
Amirynth

that is possible. re: gypsy king's kids who are all done by separate colorists and owned by dust, cept wind gypsy. <3

re: but still, you have to pay for rare prices, and I'm not sure if you can do it with mutants or hybrids or something because there's no prices for them, yet. x.x I believe you'd pay the full growing price of the parent with the highest rarity, though I might be wrong.

From my understanding, you would have specify the race of the baby, even if that's the only thing you 'customize'. And it has to be in the restraints of what's allowed in the shop. If you wanted to breed, say, a Mutant x Mutant... the baby couldn't be a mutant, but you could pick whatever race would make sense for the baby of what's allowed to commission (perhaps going the whole genetic 'throwback' thing from the grandparents or something).

Speaking of this, though, from my understanding this is the ONLY way Maxed out Soquili can breed anymore. I just wanted clarification that this true.... because I've been dithering with the idea of commissioning an Azure/Kamiki baby one day.

And just to throw in my two cents on the other issue - what's so complicated with simply "You can only be involved in TWO pairs a month for breeding raffles across the board. If you win a breeding raffle, you can only be involved in any way with ONE couple for the rest of the month."

Personally, I don't see why it matters WHO enters it, or if you want to switch out couples in the middle of the month.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:29 am
Kamiki

And just to throw in my two cents on the other issue - what's so complicated with simply "You can only be involved in TWO pairs a month for breeding raffles across the board. If you win a breeding raffle, you can only be involved in any way with ONE couple for the rest of the month."

Personally, I don't see why it matters WHO enters it, or if you want to switch out couples in the middle of the month.

I know. I also don't see why it matters.  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:46 am
Something I noticed from the current breeding raffle. Zoo, posted this at the top of her entry.
Chibizoo
Just scanned 5 pages of thread to make sure im not infringing on any multi breeding taboo rules @_@;;; (please kick me if I did lol)
With the new rule in place it makes the post that says who has two pairs entered pointless. Everyone that enters a pair is basicly being required to go through every page of the breeding raffle just to see whether or not they can post an entry. It causes extra and un-needed work on both the enterer and the colorist who must then go back and check who posted what for whom in both their thread and others just to see if the person posting didn't post for a raffle they won or if the person they are posting for doesn't already have someone posting for them.

It'll be very hard on those with dial up.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 am
Silent Spy
I fully agree with Jade.

Simplify.
Simplify.
SIMPLIFY.

I just came in here to say that as well. I'm TOTALLY lost as to what the current rule standing is. Originally you could enter up to two pairs (and have only two pairs) win per month. Those two pairs could be entered by anybody? Then it was something more like two pairs could be entered monthy that one of the Soquili was yours in (IE if I put in Paris & someone else's Soquili & Lazuli put in Oathkeeper & her Soquili Auriga.) Both could win but that was it for the month?

What about next months raffles? The rules on that are totally confusing! I could enter a pair that had nothing to do with Paris or Oathkeeper since they'd 'bred' but could I enter two more completely different pairings???

And its a 3 month waiting period for couples that bred already? IE Oathkeeper bred in December, could breed again in March? What's REALLY REALLY confused me is that Antigra is limiting two HORSES per the owner per breeding. Which makes sense cause its almost the same, but I've entered Maui & Starseeker together, both MY Soquili and that makes me maxed out? So no one else is allowed to enter another one of my Soquili with theirs? Say is Lazuli was going to enter Oathkeeper & Auriga again or something? That was allowed in the past right, but its not anymore?  

Ivory_Feld

Ameh

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:15 am
I don't think the 3-month waiting period is much; it gives time for the owner to focus on the soquili they just got, instead of focusing on simply getting more. <3 And it's not just Antigra enforcing the rules, and it's not two horses. Three soquili are technically allowed to be entered (you enter two of your own, someone else enters your own and one of theirs), dunno where the two horse idea comes from. The limit is two entries that one single owner is entitled rights to, where one entry has to be submitted by the owner themselves, and the other has to be submitted by another person.

and not understanding what was meant by other comments x_x though it is a bit too early in the morning for me to comprehend Dx

on an earlier note, Thamin, you can always check the list of pairs on the front page, which doesn't require image loading at all! (providing use of the "find" option available on all compatible browsers)  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games