Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 am
Alright, now it's my turn to ask for a little clarification. xD I've been staring at these posts for the last half hour trying to make complete sense of it but I'm not sure if I got it.

So lemme see...
If only one parent is edited then there is a roll to see which offspring will have edits? And then it's up to the colorist to decide how edited the offspring will end up?
But if both parents are edited than the colorist just skips the rolling bit and decides on the edits?

Is that right? xD
Or do the colorists just not roll even if there's only one edited parent?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm
Clarification!

It was recently brought up that a third basket is guaranteed for soquili with 100% stats. Is this true? Or is it just for soquili that have 100% stats AND have been accepted as an Elder or are already on the Elder lines?

Also, the rules state that 'roleplay' heightens the chance for a third basket for non-100% soqs, does this mean 'roleplayed' couple slots give an increased chance, or is there some metric using stats that is used for all slots to roll for a potential third basket?

Danke.
<3  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 pm
Can a Hydra (Mutant-Mer) from the WoW event breed with a Kelpie?

I read that a Mer can only breed with a Mer or a non-mutant Kelpie. I didn't see the same restriction in the Kelpie's description. It said they could breed with Mers, but it didn't specify that it had to be a non-mutant Mer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 pm
Cricket2008
Can a Hydra (Mutant-Mer) from the WoW event breed with a Kelpie?

I read that a Mer can only breed with a Mer or a non-mutant Kelpie. I didn't see the same restriction in the Kelpie's description. It said they could breed with Mers, but it didn't specify that it had to be a non-mutant Mer.

Hrmmm....i would think the hydras could (mutation is in their hooves)....but something like Architeuthis wouldn't be...as his mutation is in his tail.

Make sense?  

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Felmino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm
Various systems for determining edits have been used over the years - currently, it's up to the colorists to decide on which edits are passed down to the offspring, regardless of how many edit(s) are present on the parent(s). Barring some freakish throwback rolls, offspring are never more edited than their parents. Some colorists use dicerolls to help them choose, but most of it's in the realm of "what looks good and works".

The number of baskets is based on a formula that takes into account both parent's stats (and other things). Regardless of stats, there is always a chance for any couple to get three baskets.

(I know that doesn't directly answer your 100% stat question - because it's still something that we're working on, the answer may change over time.)

Roleplay increases your odds for a third because of the monthly stat gain, and stats are part of the equation that determines basket numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:53 am
I like the idea of a customed kid being listed as gen 2. -random

I do have a question. I know the LL slots have been revamped, but once again its getting full of new pairs hitting the 20-try mark. My long term pair, are now at 38, and have been trying consistently since 08, and have only missed one raffle when I was out of the country.

I never thought Id have to hit 40 raffles to get them bred, but it has made me think about couples that just don't have luck and aren't pretty. Could there be a cap on how many raffle tries a couple has to have before they get put on something like an ultimate LL listing.. say, 50 tries, and then the next colourist who has a free breeding slot that month and has time to take on an extra breeding (say, from the CC master list) has to take on the longest running super-LL couple.

Its an idea Ive had since I was fairly new to the shop, a kind of guarantee that, if you try long and hard enough, eventually your soq will get bred and its not just up to the luck of the die, when there is no guarantee they would get picked in regular LL slots as the LLs are filling up again.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 am
Also likes the custom children being listedn as 2nd gen.
And I agree with Kaisanti that something should be done to help those couples that go WAY over the 20 links to qualify them as LL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:12 am
Could we have more RPed couple slots? Sometime? Please? Even just one a month?  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

AlexiaSilver

Welcoming Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:19 am
I agree with Rev. :3
I believe that I remember there being a poll awhile back about how the shop could increase the amount of Rping. More breeding slots opening towards Rp'd couples would be a huge plus. Personally, I like to try to make sure that all of the couples that I breed get Rp with their mates at least once. I know that with some people, breedings are in plots, and it can really set things back when you have to wait 1 year+ just to win. :[
-cough- But yeah. ^^ Just saying that I support the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 pm
How about some more Low Luck slots?
Since I got one couple to 20, I've seen 1 slot so far! Nor can I recall the last before that one.
I've seen a few at 30+ and mine's almost to that point!
Some love for the ones with less luck biggrin  

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

I agree with Roni.
I think this should happen. Cause right now hardly anyone does RPed couple slots.
Also since we're on the topic, maybe they could update the RPed couple list more? It's been months since it was last updated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:14 am
Yeah, it'd be great to have more LL slots too. There were somewhere around 15 of them in the last LL raffle and that's a pretty big number...  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 am
Pollack

I agree with Roni.
I think this should happen. Cause right now hardly anyone does RPed couple slots.
Also since we're on the topic, maybe they could update the RPed couple list more? It's been months since it was last updated.

In response to this, that list is only updated when RP slots show up. So theoretically if we were to have more RP slots then the list would get updated.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 am
*nods*
I think RP slots are a great incentive for RPers. There's nothing worse than RPing out an awesome romance/breeding plot only to wait months for babies to come into the picture. It not only stops the plot for that pair, but does not promote RPing. Even with the 'higher chance of third basket' incentive, it'll only come into play if you have that breeding slot.

Also, with the huge number of breedings these days (an awesome trend, by the way) I think there could be, like Kai said, a super-LL slot for the really unlucky couples.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:08 am

I agree with 'ultimate/super' LL slots... but... on the same hand... Ive seen people with one LL pair who may be over 20, but are easily pulling in baskets from another breeding they have entered (some even two months in a row or at least every other month).

So yeah, one couple might be LL, but the person who that couple falls under, or one of those people might hardly have the LL bug.

Just a thought~ *this thought isnt pointed to anyone specific btw*

As for RP couples... not only do I agree with the RP slots, but I also agree that there should be a significant % when rolling baskets other than just Teepee stats (or a small % added to) in which RP for anything and everything is counted.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff