Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
How many DVDS do you own? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many do you own?
  Under 50
  Over 50
  Over 100
  Over 200
View Results

ReturnToOz

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:24 am

4laugh

I personally own around 200, maybe more. A good lot more if I include my VHS. ^^

I also have doubles of movies though, because if I've bought my DVDS seperate and they release a nice boxset I go out and buy that, too. : D

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:07 pm
27. :F

My TV stopped showing channels a couple of months ago, so I've just recently started to buy movies. I've never been a movie freak, but they're a good way to substitute TV. *avoids flying objects*  

Zetsurin sensei

Sparkly Lunatic

Ellitheria

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:34 pm
Um... a lot. I'm going to guess over 100 DVDs and even more including VHS. The movie section in Target gets me in trouble... and forget going into Best Buy or Boarders gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:13 pm
over 100 but i am not gonna count  

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:13 pm
Probably around 130-160... so about over a hundred. But like the poster of this thread said, if I counted VHS movies, then over 200 for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:46 pm
Carrie Moonwalk

My TV stopped showing channels a couple of months ago, so I've just recently started to buy movies. I've never been a movie freak, but they're a good way to substitute TV. *avoids flying objects*

*Picks up another Betamax* scream
At least you saw the joy of movies rather than just getting cable or something.

I have about 130 maybe. I stopped collecting DVDs and moved over to books when I got a new bookshelf. But I've just ordered Blow from play.com. : D  

Marcus McFlufferson

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:20 pm
Marcus McFlufferson
Carrie Moonwalk

*Picks up another Betamax* scream
At least you saw the joy of movies rather than just getting cable or something.

I have about 130 maybe. I stopped collecting DVDs and moved over to books when I got a new bookshelf. But I've just ordered Blow from play.com. : D
Interesting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:05 am
Ellitheria
Um... a lot. I'm going to guess over 100 DVDs and even more including VHS. The movie section in Target gets me in trouble... and forget going into Best Buy or Boarders gonk

Borders is so expensive it's unreal.
I bought wolf creek from Borders for £18 the other day, when I looked on amazon they had it for £5. D;

Seriously, buy your DVDS/VHS online, not from stores.

ReturnToOz

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:40 am
Not Enough. stare

Honestly I don't feel like counting but probably like 50.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm
*totally not stalking the OP!*

Like everyone here, over a hundred DVDs, over three hundred VHS easily. Are we counting movies in AVI format on our computer? Because I probably have thirty or forty of those in one of my external hard drives.

Kamikaze Kikil

GummiBearRomance

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm
I have way to many movies to count (both VHS and DVDs)!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm
1ly
Ellitheria

I bought wolf creek from Borders for £18 the other day, when I looked on amazon they had it for £5. D;

The best places are those little independent second-hand DVD stores, I bought Syriana (sp?) and Lost In Translation today for a fiver.
Or Cash Converters is a fairly good place too, but I hate their stickers. They're a pain to clean off.

But if you're after new DVDs, I would suggest Smiths or HMV. They sometimes have some quite good deals.
Sometimes some stupid ones, but often good ones.

Though I have bought the majority online. Play.com I think is the best place if you live in England. They tend to match or beat Amazon's prices and have free delivery.

HMV online is quite good for price, but they can take up to three weeks to even DISPATCH an item, which I think is ridiculous. I ended up cancelling an order from them and paying twice as much on Amazon just so that I could get it within the same month.  

Marcus McFlufferson

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:08 pm
I have too many movies to keep count. I hate to say it but Walmarts selection has gotten so much better I had to stop walking down the movie section.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:21 am
Kamikaze Kikil
*totally not stalking the OP!*

Like everyone here, over a hundred DVDs, over three hundred VHS easily. Are we counting movies in AVI format on our computer? Because I probably have thirty or forty of those in one of my external hard drives.

: D
Hiya, my love.
<33333

ReturnToOz

ReturnToOz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:25 am
Marcus McFlufferson
1ly
Ellitheria

The best places are those little independent second-hand DVD stores, I bought Syriana (sp?) and Lost In Translation today for a fiver.
Or Cash Converters is a fairly good place too, but I hate their stickers. They're a pain to clean off.

But if you're after new DVDs, I would suggest Smiths or HMV. They sometimes have some quite good deals.
Sometimes some stupid ones, but often good ones.

Though I have bought the majority online. Play.com I think is the best place if you live in England. They tend to match or beat Amazon's prices and have free delivery.

HMV online is quite good for price, but they can take up to three weeks to even DISPATCH an item, which I think is ridiculous. I ended up cancelling an order from them and paying twice as much on Amazon just so that I could get it within the same month.

I know what you mean about cash converters and the stickers. It's the same with granger games. ;/

Zavvi is actually MUCH cheaper than HMV & Smiths.
I'll have to try play.com, though! I love amazon, it's actually my homepage. xD~

Yeah, those main shops like that always have a really slow delivery.

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff