Reply ®
rods

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

major tom bowie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm
just bought the peformance rod with grade D bait and found it impossible to catch anything. Has anybody got any suggestions about the rods, is it worth upgrading etc  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:56 am

It can certainly be worth it. My upgraded rod has repaid for itself many times over. The thing is being careful about picking one which best suits areas where you most have problems with. For example, I tend to have the hardest time keeping the fish when it gets close to the bottom of the screen, so I got a rod to help with that by having wider lines at the bottom of course, and the upgraded version of it has wider lines overall, so it is even easier, thus even in the Durem reclamation facility I now rarely miss catching something when I try for it. There are threads in Gaia's fishing subforum (possibly findable through the GCD or maybe gaming forum) about picking a rod that is suited to you that you can go check out for helpful suggestions. 3nodding Oh, and also consider which pond you're fishing in. You may need to start out practicing more in an easier pond than you've been in right now. (Just in case you haven't heard, from hardest to easiest the ponds are Durem reclamation facility -> port of Gambino -> Bassken' Lake)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces