Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Into The Wild Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read Into The Wild?
  Yes!
  No.
View Results

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:39 pm
I just got done watching this movie, which was originally a book.

The book is amazing and I encourage all of you, whether you like reading or not, to read it over the summer and to then see the movie.

Has anyone here seen the movie or read the book?

What did you think of it in comparison?

I thought they did the book justice. I really hate it when a movie completely destroys the book.
or the memory of the person its about.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:31 pm
I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie a while back and it was really amazing. I wish I had read the book now. I'll try to read it this summer, and I wouldn't mind watching the film again, either.  

Nox Eudoxia

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 pm
Didnt they do an amazing job on making Emile look starved!? I was just blown away by that. It was just so, so ugh words can not describe!

Did you cry? I did, at some parts, mainly when Jena Malone, (his sister) was narrating.

The music was good too, I'd love to get the score.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:23 am
I really liked it...Emile Hirsch was amwesome. He lost like 15pounds to play the role. I loved the music (but it wasn't given justice!) I haven't read the book...perhaps i should after I'm done with school...thanks for the suggestion xp  

morbid_beauty

Galateax

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:59 pm
Omg i watched this film after my mom sugguested it and it's still in my head 2 weeks later... It was amazing and made me think so much about my own life!!

Yeah he lost 4 stone to look the part and then ate 4 huge pizza's after the film was finished because they (crew on set) kept locking the food trailer!

Haven't read the book yet, but i'm planning on it!  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:19 pm
They locked the food trailer?! thats so mean.

But I think thats what made this movie so amazing, because not only was it filmed at the very same place Christopher McCandless stayed but Emile went that extra step and just starved himself. I dont think alot of actors would have done that  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Galateax

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 am
yup it is mean, but i agree with you on that point! I was amazed at how far he would go to play Chris well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:26 pm
This was a lot better than expected. My friends kept commenting about how stupid Chris McCandless must have been to go to Alaska and then die there, but they really don't have a clue as to what the movie's about. It was amazing.  

Quixotic Faye

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:11 pm
Quixotic Faye
This was a lot better than expected. My friends kept commenting about how stupid Chris McCandless must have been to go to Alaska and then die there, but they really don't have a clue as to what the movie's about. It was amazing.

But see thats the thing everyone says hes stupid but he's not.

He just made one little mistake that anyone would have made.

He went there in the winter, so everythings frozen. He was going to leave in the spring but couldnt because he didnt realize he had crosses a raging river. Infact he didnt know he had crosses a river at all.

he had enough food.

the only other mistake he made was making a simple mistake when hungry while searing for Berries. Anyone could have made that mistake. How are you to know the difference between two berries that look EXACTLY alike if one if poisoness or not?

I just think he should have told his parents even if he was infuriated with them about lying about adultery. Or atleast he should have told his baby sister.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm
I haven't read the book, nor have I watched the movie.  

MDA_Tycoon

Nox Eudoxia

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:35 pm
Ha! I had no idea they actually starved him! haha.

I have a lot of love for this movie. I've spoken with a lot of people who have issue with the fact that he was such an a*****e-teen to his parents, and that he never apologized to them. Personally, I think that makes the story even more poignant. The kid was going through a rough patch in his life, and all signs pointed to him growing out of it. Except he died, and never got to reconcile with the things he was running away from.

Yeah, this movie made me cry.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 pm
I know. He even admitted that having not shared the experience with someone it was almost worthless.

Though I could understand his anger with his parents. I know someone who's been through something like that and its pretty tough to deal with.

I mean imagine waking up one day in your teens, realizing that your father was still legally married to his first wife, and had been secretly seeing her, and had had a child with her, AFTER you were born.

That would tear me to pieces, and knowing that my mom knew and just laid down and took it? That would drive me up the wall.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Galateax

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:45 am
i was almost in tears when he realised he had eaten the wrong berries. And all he had to do was cross the river to get some help! *sob*  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 am
Oh I know. I figured I probably wouldnt cry when I saw him figure it out, since I had read the book. But the look on Emile's face was just so heartbreaking.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Galateax

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:06 am
all round good film i think...

I couldn't figure out where i had seen the girl before... not jenna malone but the other one... the singer... i've completely blanked on both the character's name and the actress! GAH! gonk  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff