I don't own a puppy, but I am planning on buying one once I get the money by myself . Anyways, I always volunteer at a doggie day care and they pay a couple of 20 dollars once in a while even if I don't ask for it. So it's a normal day there and I was helping this puppy get to bed because it's such a sugar devil and one of the vets call me and told me to fix up a bed big enough for a labrador. I thought it'd be another lab found down in the city ally but this poor creature had bloodshot eyes with a super-dry nose. I could even see his ribs and some fleas and mites surrounding his ears once you flap them out! The nurses say his name was Crunch. He used to belong to some guy who always went out to get drunk and party with girls. Crunch's food bowl was never filled when his owner was gone a long time so he dug through the fridge and searched for some meat. When his owner came back, he swayed and got mad at Crunch and began to beat him. Soon, Crunch got cancer...UNTREATED. The owner then moved to another house, but Crunch wanted to wait for his return. The Animal Patrol rescued him and brought it to our little hospital. After preparing his bed, I offered him a lot of bits of jerky and chicken but he'd sniff and turn his head. I thought he'd eat it by next morning but it was still there. I began to cry because Crunch was suffering so much. We began to treat his cancer but we had to put Crunch to sleep the next day since he was already close to giving in. I was crying so much one of the nurses told me to go home and come back in five days for Crunch's funeral. The owner was found all the way in Chicago, while we were in San Francisco. He was arrested and will be behind bars for 15 years. When I came back, Crunch was in a fancy coffin and was placed in a hole, with a thick stake above engraved: "Rest In Peace: Crunch, a Chocolate Labrador. Male, 23-years-old. 'Enduring trooper.'"

I know Crunch will rest in peace. He looked similar to this lab.

User Image