Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Public Enemies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gedral

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:15 pm
It's a movie about the gangsters in 1930's Chicago starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

They were filming near where I live and it was pretty cool because they basically turned two blocks of a street into a movie set. They changed all the store fronts to look like it was the 1930s.

They filmed at night and people stood around trying to see the big stars and if someone yelled out "hey, it's Johnny Depp" everyone turned around hoping it was rofl

I took some pictures of the set, nothing too exciting but just neat to see how they put it together. The fake trolley tracks in the middle of the street were just rubber mats that look like bricks that they put metal bars on top of.

The first picture is where Depp's character gets shot (and the actual place where the real Dillinger was shot). The second is the fake barber shop across the street. Even though it probably won't be visible in the movie, they fill the shops with all kinds of details. Like the magazines in the barber shop as shown in the third picture which includes Depp's characters name on the cover.

User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:49 am
I heard that while filming that, Depp met a local kid who he promised his Wonka hat too. he just mailed the hat and a whole bunch of memorabilia to the family. Is that cool, or what?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=5186562&page=1  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

candy flavored zombie

2,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200