Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I'm having guy troubles...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 am
Hi, my name's Lunastar324, but you can call me luna. Anyway, I need help on something that has never happened to me before. I'll start from the beginning. There's this guy in one of my classes, and he's a friend of one of my friends. For the first half of the school year, he barely spoke to me. Then, after winter break, he starts talking to me a lot more. I'm thinking, "Okay dude. You just start talking to me now???" Then, he gives me hugs and kisses on my cheek, and he puts his hand on my shoulder like I'm his girlfriend or something! He stops doing all that, except the hugging. After class today, he asked me if I could go to the movies with him next weekend and I said I would think about it. He's a nice guy, but he's not my type. The problem is, I'm too nice and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I also don't want to go on the date with him. There's another guy that I heard had a crush on me, and he's one of my friends. I'm waiting for him to make a move. Could you please give me some advice? sweatdrop redface sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 pm
You should always be honest. It's the best way to go. I understand about being too nice, I'm the same way. You might want to just tell him you want to be friends and see how things go from there. There's nothing wrong with going to the movies with a friend, is there? As for the other guy, maybe he's waiting for you to say or do something to signify that you like him? Good luck sweetie, I hope things work out the way you want them to. biggrin  

btrfly7

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:43 pm
The thing is, the other guy that has a crush on me-he's scared of my mom. I invited him over to my birthday party once and he could tell that my mom was strict. Plus, when I told my mom about him, she said she wouldn't approve him if he ever asked me out. I can't say the reason why, because he has a gaia account now, so if he knew the reason, I would feel really bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm
well you might want to be careful incase he reads this then. But i would go on the date with the boy that you said you would go with. Make it clear to him that you only like him as a friend because you have feelings for someone else. As for the other guy....are you sure he really likes you? because if you did and he was a nice guy there isnt any reason that you mom wouldnt like him. and if there isnt anything wrong with him then y should it matter if she approves or not its your life.  

xxtaintedlips

btrfly7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 am
Well sweetie I'm sure your mom is just looking out for you and she doesn't want you getting hurt, whatever the reason may be. If he is a good guy then she'll see it sooner or later, just give it time, if he's the one you want to date. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:16 am
Zow. Male input. How did I end up here..? Oh well. This is just what I want to say from my point of view.

First off, you gotta be sure of your feelings. If you really don't find him interesting or see him as a boyfriend, it's best not to lead him on. Some guys take hints, but a lot of us are real dense. Me being an example but that's another story..

Anyway.. if he asks you to the movies, I guess it's not a big deal.. did he really mention that he was asking you out on a date? Not just as friends? Try asking him if it's okay if another friend of yours can come along.. at least it won't be so awkward if it's just both of you. And at least you can subtly bring his intentions to light.

As for the Second guy. If he didn't tell you, then it probably means two things: one, he's keeping mum about it, two, it's just a rumor. Just play it cool. He will make a move if he will make a move. Just watch and wait.  

Azure Soulsteel

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:57 am
I've been in a similar situation myself where I've had a guy who was interested in me but I wasn't that keen on him. If you don't mind the guy, but don't want to date him what Azure Soulsteel said is a pretty smart idea. It's how I approached the situation. Suggest taking a friend, and that means you can get to know him a bit without having to worry about the whole 'date' thing.

About the second guy, there's no point in worrying about something that isn't definite. I'd suggest just taking stuff as it comes. Deal with it when it's a real issue.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games